Jase

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few things I saw in this match:

Inter packed it tight and defended well through the middle.

The young Slovakian, Skriniar is a strong defender; looks like another Vidic/Samuel. Bats had little space.

Chelsea are lacking in centre midfield and maybe centre back. Definitely lacking at wingback positions.

Nice showing for Musonda. Kante strong match.

1 minute ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Not too fussed about the result, we probably should have earned at least a draw with a competent referee. Performance was OK, nothing to worry about that much imo. Morata should play up top.

Not sure what game were you watching

Inter aren't playing even in EL, but have better squad depth than Chelsea 😁 

Seriously, I don't care about the result, but the performance was utter sh8t, for second game in a row. No place for Cesc next to Kante, there is massive whole in the mid when the opposition take the ball after our attack, look how Bayern scored their goals and Inter 2nd one. Wing-backs needs big improvement as I've said before, desperately. Willian with another poor performance, Morata is struggling a lot on the wing, wanted to see him as ST from the start, but Conte had other opinion. 

Really hope the team will show completely different face against Arsenal next week. Also, hope these loses will force the board to make some signings at least before the start of the season, although it's quite a dream with our board. 

Just now, chelseawise said:

Not sure what game were you watching

The same one as you. I don't tend to overreact when there's clearly many factors to consider; Pedro, Hazard and Bakayoko three guaranteed first XI players were out, Morata was playing on the wing, even Rudiger who will start in the Community Shield started from the bench this game. Still, We should have probably won that game if it wasn't due to poor officiating. 

There are clear issues in the squad and most members on this forum are aware of that. Lack of depth in quality and quantity in the wing back positions and lack of depth in midfield. But you're being way too harsh with your overreaction given the circumstance we're in.

2 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

We had a thin squad last season, without the CL.

Now, we have even less players, and we will have more games... :doh:

The problem might be that the board want the managers to push for youth. 

But I keep saying it, you need to know what is your philosophy. 

If you want youth your hiring the wrong manager. 

If you want tittles and what not then you have the right manager but you must buy his players. 

15 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

We had a thin squad last season, without the CL.

Now, we have even less players, and we will have more games... :doh:

We may actually enter the new season with a weaker XI than we ended last season with. Morata will take time to settle so it's probably a downgrade initially going from Costa to him. Matic is going so we're weaker in midfield. Alonso and Moses were already decent but not great players who clubs will now know how to better exploit. And on top of that our best player won't be playing any time soon.

A rotten start to the season doomed us in 15/16 so I hope and pray the club don't allow that to happen again and gets Conte some more players. LWB, RWB, and CM are desperately needed.

Everton and Spuds in back to back matches with a midfield 2 of Cesc and Kante I'm already not looking forward to.

19 minutes ago, Fernando said:

The problem might be that the board want the managers to push for youth. 

But I keep saying it, you need to know what is your philosophy. 

If you want youth your hiring the wrong manager. 

If you want tittles and what not then you have the right manager but you must buy his players. 

Conte must give a chance to players like Mosunda and Cris.

43 minutes ago, nachikethas said:

Bats & Morata partnership reminds me of Drogba & Torres. Never gonna work out.

Based on what? 80 odd minutes??? Such a stupid post.

Play them both up top together and I think it would work perfectly.

There is a clear overreaction online on the state of the wingbacks. It's become something people have attached themselves to and are now just running with.

Moses and Alonso are capable of playing at a higher level than what we've seen in these three games, but I don't think Moses was nearly as poor as people are making out. Alonso looks like he's simply lacking match fitness. I'm really not stressed at all about either player at either position. 

We'll see how their minutes are handled for the early cup games; how some of the fringe youth may be integrated; or if someone(s) are added before the 1st.

I would be much more concerned with the lack of depth in the middle.

This Fabregas situation in a mid two is disastrous. He doesn't have the legs or skill set to occupy the space required to make it click. If he plays he needs to stay put in the middle of the park and just kick balls forward. Restrict his running if at all possible. He doesn't play for me without two players behind him. Absolutely nothing more than a substitute for games were we're not dominating possession. 

Also a bit puzzled at the lack of time given to Baker and Christensen during this tour. Not sure what to make of that. Need to see more of each of them. Likely cup players at this point.

The good over these three games (beside no major injuries) has been Batshuayi looking hungry and the surprising depth with wide youth players that as of now are sticking around. We'll see if that lasts over the next month.

1 minute ago, GQman2121 said:

There is a clear overreaction online on the state of the wingbacks. It's become something people have attached themselves to and are noe just running with.

Moses and Alonso are capable of playing at a higher level than what we've seen in these three games, but I don't think Moses was nearly as poor as people are making out. Alonso looks like he's simply lacking match fitness. I'm really not stressed at all about either player at either position. 

We'll see how their minutes are handled for the early cup games; how some of the fringe youth may be integrated; or if someone(s) are added before the 1st.

I would be much more concerned with the lack of depth in the middle.

This Fabregas situation in a mid two is disastrous. He doesn't have the legs or skill set to occupy the space required to make it click. If he plays he needs to stay put in the middle of the park and just kick balls forward. Restrict his running if at all possible. He doesn't play for me without two players behind him. Absolutely nothing more than a substitute for games were we're not dominating possession. 

Also a bit puzzled at the lack of time given to Baker and Christensen during this tour. Not sure what to make of that. Need to see more of each of them. Likely cup players at this point.

The good over these three games (beside no major injuries) has been Batshuayi looking hungry and the surprising depth with wide youth players that as of now are sticking around. We'll see if that lasts over the next month.

Moses accomplishes nothing, that is the problem. He is superior to Alonso in terms of athleticism, something which pays off as he is able to participate in the game more than Alonso, but he is really limited once he has the ball.
What we saw today is nothing new, he gets the ball and does a half-hearted attempt at dribbling, and then passes it back to the offensive winger next to him. Rince and repeat game after game. How often do you see him dribble his way into a dangeorus area, or provide a dangerous cross? 
His tenacity is what makes him acceptable for now, but he is quite a bit from being good enough for a team wanting to compete in CL. He does ok in the defence, but a WB is expected to do more than that. 

Alonso is good on the ball, but his slow acceleration hampers him from participating as much as Moses. He benefits greatly from his height, and from Hazard opening up the other teams defence. When he has someone who clearly isnt good enough of a winger, such as Morata, he disappears from games. 

Fair criticism for both players. However, those shortcomings clearly overshadow their positives. You could make the same claims for Kyle Walker on the right - who I don't rate at all. 

Wingback is a difficult position to nail down with specifics because it's such a wide ranging role switching from defender to attacker. Max effort at both ends is the least you can ask for, but a lot depends on your supporting teammates. Fabregas definitely leaves a lot more work for everyone defending wide which we saw in all three of these games on tour. 

One thing I'm confident of is that Chamberlain doesn't solve anything anywhere within the first team. He would be an addition, but that's about it. Another option off the bench that could hopefully figure something out and take that next step if he were be purchased.

Chelsea problem is that the club obviously can't replace complete defense. Bad selection of players in defense is astonishing. I mean, I see no difference in quality between Moses, Alonso,Azpi and Cahill. Pretty much same goes in same room. And the fact they won PL and one year before it was Leicester, tells you everything you need to know about quality of the EPL.