Scolari: I'll be good for English players

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari says he's keen to bring through top English talent at Stamford Bridge.

"I can tell him about my England players and because I only want a first-team squad of 25 maximum," explained Scolari in the News Of The World.

"I will be looking to use some of the club's 17, 18 and 19-year-olds for some games. "Hopefully that can help bring on some English talent."

Tribalfootball --> http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=102274

what ya reckon guys?

Cork? Hutchinson? Woods? Sinclair? Bertrand?

Absolutely fantastic news for the Chelsea youth/reserve set-up

Edited by TrueChelseaBlue

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is as has been discussed before excellant news. It will really help us out with the UEFA "Home Grown" rule. But with regards to "English" talent. Well who knows. Mancienne looks like he is going to be given a chance and the same with Sinclair. Bertrand and Cork are top prospects who are out on loan for 6 months.

However are bightest prospects are foreign. Kakuta, Stoch, Tejera.... but there are plenty of English talent there still so we may see more English come through our ranks.

Kakuta will be considered home grown if he stays at one club for a certain period of time, but he won't be considered local talent. I think there's a distinction between nationals being trained at a club and foreigners, but if they stay at the club long enough, they are considered trained there regardless.

Micheal woods ?

Hey will kakuta ever be considered home grown ?

Yes Michael Woods in a few years, as well as the likes of Jacob Mellis, Liam Bridcutt ect..

Kakuta will be considered home grown of course. The definition of a home grown player according to UEFA is:

"A player who has been registered for a minimum of three seasons with the club between the ages of 15 and 21"

Yeah 2 years sounds about right, and I think Mancienne is good enough too but I suspect you don't fancy his chances due to how many defenders we have already and to be frank I have to agree. Michael Woods and Jack Cork aren't at the right time to come through yet but I think they could given the right luck and the right work.

Kakuta will be considered home grown if he stays at one club for a certain period of time, but he won't be considered local talent. I think there's a distinction between nationals being trained at a club and foreigners, but if they stay at the club long enough, they are considered trained there regardless.

Well the only rule we have to satisfy is the UEFA rule. And there is nothing that specifies that the player has to be English to fulfill the rule. We have a excellant mix of Engligh and non-English at youth level so we will see English come through. Not to mention that we have 2 who will likely be given a chance this season Sinclair and Mancienne

Well the only rule we have to satisfy is the UEFA rule. And there is nothing that specifies that the player has to be English to fulfill the rule. We have a excellant mix of Engligh and non-English at youth level so we will see English come through. Not to mention that we have 2 who will likely be given a chance this season Sinclair and Mancienne

If I remember rightly some of the spaces for players in the European squad are players that are homegrown and English. This is why we couldn't fit in Ballack originally last season, because the only player that fitted one of those spots was John Terry and it meant we couldn't have as many senior squad players.

If I remember rightly some of the spaces for players in the European squad are players that are homegrown and English. This is why we couldn't fit in Ballack originally last season, because the only player that fitted one of those spots was John Terry and it meant we couldn't have as many senior squad players.

That is correct. The club must submit 2 lists to UEFA for the CL squad. List A and List B. List A Must look like this for next season:

1. No specification

2. No specification

3. No specification

4. No specification

5. No specification

6. No specification

7. No specification

8. No specification

9. No specification

10. No specification

11. No specification

12. No specification

13. No specification

14. No specification

15. No specification

16. No specification

17. No specification

18. Association-Trained Player

19. Association-Trained Player

20. Association-Trained Player

21. Association-Trained Player

22. Club-Trained player

23. Club-Trained player

24. Club-Trained player

25. Club-Trained player

If we want to submit a full 25 player squad then that is what we need to fulfill. Of course we can (as we did last season) just submit a smaller squad - 22 in this case as JT as our only club trained player. For example Franco Di Santo will not class as club trained, and i am not sure if Scott Sinclair does either still.

We are also allowed to submit an unlimited number of players on list B, this list can be continually added to during the season with the list given to UEFA 24 hours before a match takes place. Players on this list are: Born on or after 1st January 1987 and have been with the club for 2 uninterrupted years from the age of 15.