Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

1 minute ago, Robchels said:

perhaps some folks here should too ;)

Always my first goto site whenever a players mentioned. Then transfermarket then find if theres any scout reports on them. Lots of info available for checking out players.

Then I wait to hear what Mz @Vesper has to say about them.

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Always my first goto site whenever a players mentioned. Then transfermarket then find if theres any scout reports on them. Lots of info available for checking out players.

Then I wait to hear what Mz @Vesper has to say about them.

Should be useful to filter out some of the more toxic posts, and to reassure one's sanity at times: like Alonso had a good game against newcastle despite the usual negativity on here.

8 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea could avoid paying €9m to loan Gonzalo Higuain until the end of the season by sending Emerson Palmeri to Juventus on a temporary basis. (TS) #CFC

So we will get stuck only with Alonso?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If that happens I assume we will buy Rogerio from Juve, but he is on loan at Sassuolo, so they would have to recall him (if that is even possible).

43 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Should be useful to filter out some of the more toxic posts, and to reassure one's sanity at times: like Alonso had a good game against newcastle despite the usual negativity on here.

Problem is that the stats and vids can be misleading.

If you're checing out say Moratas Whoscored out and look at Goals scoed you would think 9 in 1200 mins (20 starts, 8 subs) plus his strengths and weaknesses hes a really good player. And Youtubes best ofs make any player look great.

Alonsos weaknesses dont mention Jack about him being slow as a turtle and can't put a cross in.

54 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Problem is that the stats and vids can be misleading.

If you're checing out say Moratas Whoscored out and look at Goals scoed you would think 9 in 1200 mins (20 starts, 8 subs) plus his strengths and weaknesses hes a really good player. And Youtubes best ofs make any player look great.

Alonsos weaknesses dont mention Jack about him being slow as a turtle and can't put a cross in.

so are the reiteration of the same points about his known weaknesses, which are indeed quite obvious.

On the other hand, folks just don't see what he does, only what he does not do. Watch us play and see where the ball goes? Is it Azpi carrying the ball into attack? Where does the ball go when Jorginho has a player on his back? His passing is actually quite impressive, which fits the way the team play like a glove. The guy had a perfect assist to pedro last game - why cross when you can pass to a player in the box? Of course it is better to have a "proper" left back who will produce 10 good crosses for our midget attackers. :)

We are going in circles on this thread though... same points back and forth.

13 minutes ago, Robchels said:

so are the reiteration of the same points about his known weaknesses, which are indeed quite obvious.

On the other hand, folks just don't see what he does, only what he does not do. Watch us play and see where the ball goes? Is it Azpi carrying the ball into attack? Where does the ball go when Jorginho has a player on his back? His passing is actually quite impressive, which fits the way the team play like a glove. The guy had a perfect assist to pedro last game - why cross when you can pass to a player in the box? Of course it is better to have a "proper" left back who will produce 10 good crosses for our midget attackers. :)

We are going in circles on this thread though... same points back and forth.

I can solve this all

Alonso is shit as a fullback and we will probably never win a trophy with him there. He had one good (not even a full one) season at wingback 2 years ago. Last year he was semi-shit, and this year he is full stop crap.

He literally has the worst cross completion percentage of any full time player in the top 5 European leagues and his extreme lack of pace opens us up like a cheap tin of beans when he saunters forward to lob in yet another shit cross.

It truly speaks volumes about how crap Emerson must be if he cant bench this donkey. Sarri is delusional or trying to gaslight when he says La Tortuga is close to the best fullback in Europe. That is simply pure, unadulterated bollocks, 100%.

Only way we can know if Emerson truly is so bad that he cant bench Alonso or if Sarri is just blind to the donkeyness of Alonso is if Alonso gets injured for a long time. I'd bet that Sarri would play Azpi there instead of Emerson.

39 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I can solve this all

Alonso is shit as a fullback and we will probably never win a trophy with him there. He had one good (not even a full one) season at wingback 2 years ago. Last year he was semi-shit, and this year he is full stop crap.

He literally has the worst cross completion percentage of any full time player in the top 5 European leagues and his extreme lack of pace opens us up like a cheap tin of beans when he saunters forward to lob in yet another shit cross.

It truly speaks volumes about how crap Emerson must be if he cant bench this donkey. Sarri is delusional or trying to gaslight when he says La Tortuga is close to the best fullback in Europe. That is simply pure, unadulterated bollocks, 100%.

However many times you call a player "shit" - and one who actual had an important contribution into our last silverware - it is still just one opinion.

"extreme lack of pace" is the same reiterated point 100x over. One that nobody disagrees with.

I personally think you are delusional and Sarri is a very good manager, but that's just my opinion.

Just now, Robchels said:

However many times you call a player "shit" - and one who actual had an important contribution into our last silverware - it is still just one opinion.

"extreme lack of pace" is the same reiterated point 100x over. One that nobody disagrees with.

I personally think you are delusional and Sarri is a very good manager, but that's just my opinion.

I will take my chances, and I feel confident I will be the one (along with millions of other Chelsea supporters) to be proven 100% correct.

Sarri as a very good manager is entire yet to be proven. ZERO trophies and he has our club on tenterhooks in multiple areas.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I will take my chances, and I feel confident I will be the one (along with millions of other Chelsea supporters) to be proven 100% correct.

Sarri as a very good manager is entire yet to be proven. ZERO trophies and he has our club on tenterhooks in multiple areas.

Maybe, or maybe the next manager will come and Alonso will start all the same. :) I personally think he's a good player and certainly does not deserve being called "shit" over and over again, esp considering his many contribution to our side. While Sarri hasn't won anything, Alonso did and with numbers to back it.

He also plays for spain too, so are Spain manager and coaches also delusional? Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one.

26 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Maybe, or maybe the next manager will come and Alonso will start all the same. :) I personally think he's a good player and certainly does not deserve being called "shit" over and over again, esp considering his many contribution to our side. While Sarri hasn't won anything, Alonso did and with numbers to back it.

He also plays for spain too, so are Spain manager and coaches also delusional? Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one.

I get it, you are an Alonso fanboy. I am not. Conte used him as a wingback, and he also used bloody Moses there. Moses is back on the scrap heap and soon (hopefully) out the door.

I think many other players could have been plugged into LWB and we still could have won the EPL 2 years ago. Alonso was not vital to that win. Conte, unlike Sarri, is and was and will be a proven great manager, with a lot of hardware.

I go back to Sarri's own words 'Alonso is close to the best fullback in Europe' THAT is, beyond a doubt, delusional. Spain called him up because of injuries, then, the minute both Alba and Gaya were healthy, it was back to the sidelines for Alonso. Why? Because both are vastly superior players. Why do you think Alonso has been shit at every team that has played him at LB? Because he isn't good enough at that position. If you want to see him play in his only fairly good position, tell Sarri to go to a 3 5 2 or a 3 4 3, and when he refuses, sack him and bring back Conte (pro tip, Conte will tell us to fuck right off).

Last point, I REALLY have to LOL at your positing that Alonso is a great passer. Patently false.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I get it, you are an Alonso fanboy. I am not. Conte used him as a wingback, and he also used bloody Moses there. Moses is back on the scrap heap and soon (hopefully) out the door.

I think many other players could have been plugged into LWB and we still could have won the EPL 2 years ago. Alonso was not vital to that win. Conte, unlike Sarri, is and was and will be a proven great manager, with a lot of hardware.

I go back to Sarri's own words 'Alonso is close to the best fullback in Europe' THAT is, beyond a doubt, delusional. Spain called him up because of injuries, then, the minute both Alba and Gaya were healthy, it was back to the sidelines for Alonso. Why? Because both are vastly superior players. Why do you think Alonso has been shit at every team that has played him at LB? Because he isn't good enough at that position. If you want to see him play in his only fairly good position, tell Sarri to go to a 3 5 2 or a 3 4 3, and when he refuses, sack him and bring back Conte (pro tip, Conte will tell us to fuck right off).

Last point, I REALLY have to LOL at your posting that Alonso is a great passer. Patently false.

Here we go again with you telling me what I think, or how I think. Please don't... assume you don't know and that's why I type it down. I can come up with hundreds of one-liners from you to make it sound like anything I want. And that was based on what Sarri has claimed after a strong start of the season by alonso, yes he had one. He's a good player IMO... but I just wrote that.

Right but that's besides the point isn't it? Are Gaya and Alba, the superior players in your opinion, available and willing to come and join us. To me they are are more different than better.

Finally and again, I have no problem when folks want to improve on him, esp if a better player can be acquired (easier said than done IMO). My issue is with calling him "shit," which is both disrespectful, due to his achievements for us, and also delusional. Again, because he's a good player, who starts for a top club and (occasionally) plays for a top NT. Maybe we just have a very different definition of what a "shit" player is.

2 minutes ago, Robchels said:

My issue is with calling him "shit," which is both disrespectful, due to his achievements for us, and also delusional. Again, because he's a good player, who starts for a top club and (occasionally) plays for a top NT. Maybe we just have a very different definition of what a "shit" player is.

I don't much care for Alonso but I do have a hard time with our own supporters calling him shit all the time.  In my opinion he's not good enough for us and he makes me very frustrated when he's in the starting line up constantly, but that doesn't make him shit.  Just means the board need to get to work on finding us a better option, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Here we go again with you telling me what I think, or how I think. Please don't... assume you don't know and that's why I type it down. I can come up with hundreds of one-liners from you to make it sound like anything I want. And that was based on what Sarri has claimed after a strong start of the season by alonso, yes he had one. He's a good player IMO... but I just wrote that.

Right but that's besides the point isn't it? Are Gaya and Alba, the superior players in your opinion, available and willing to come and join us. To me they are are more different than better.

Finally and again, I have no problem when folks want to improve on him, esp if a better player can be acquired (easier said than done IMO). My issue is with calling him "shit," which is both disrespectful, due to his achievements for us, and also delusional. Again, because he's a good player, who starts for a top club and (occasionally) plays for a top NT. Maybe we just have a very different definition of what a "shit" player is.

7 RB's who would be upgrades, some massively so, on Allonso, especially the first 5

all COULD be purchased by us, most on this list will move by the end of next summer

Lucas Hernandez

Junior Firpo

Ben Chilwell

Alex Telles

José Gayà

Alejandro Grimaldo

Ferland Mendy 

the board is shit though (I am sure you will disagree on that as they gave La Tortuga a big renewal) and probably will not move on any

they are talking about bringing in Rogerio, a 21yo part time Sassuolo starter on loan from Juve, who may end up being Emerson 2.0, who we will sell for a loss in a couple years

You want to see what good fullback play is, go watch Victimpool, go watch Shitty (when Mendy is heathy and I am sure they will soon buy Firpo or Chilwell) Go watch Dortmund, Juve, Barca, Bayern (if they didnt have Alaba and Kimmich they would truly be struggling), hell go watch Leicester. It isn't a coincidence that fullback struggles are playing key roles to many big teams struggling atm.

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

7 RB's who would be upgrades, some massively so, on Allonso, especially the first 5

all COULD be purchased by us, most on this list will move by the end of next summer

Lucas Hernandez

Junior Firpo

Ben Chilwell

Alex Telles

José Gayà

Alejandro Grimaldo

Ferland Mendy 

the board is shit though (I am sure you will disagree on that as they gave La Tortuga a big renewal) and probably will not move on any

they are talking about bringing in Rogerio, a 21yo part time Sassuolo starter on loan from Juve, who may end up being Emerson 2.0, who we will sell for a loss in a couple years

You want to see what good fullback play is, go watch Victimpool, go watch Shitty (when Mendy is heathy and I am sure they will soon buy Firpo or Chilwell) Go watch Dortmund, Juve, Barca, Bayern (if they didnt have Alaba and Kimmich they would truly be struggling), hell go watch Leicester. It isn't a coincidence that fullback struggles are playing key roles to many big teams struggling atm.

Lucas Hernandez looks like an interesting player, but still a gamble.

Would not go for Telles, as a former gremio player I know his style well and is already past his prime. Terrible in defense and never played in a competitive league. Pass.

The others are huge gambles as tiny league and team players. If you think they are not (gambles), you haven't followed enough youngster's careers... That's why scouts make so much money - perhaps you should give it a go since you like to do it for fun anyway?

The board is not shit. What does that mean anyway? Maybe you should support a different club? :) The board is whatever the fuck the owner wants it to be. No, I do not agree with many things the board does and have done so in the past, nor do I think the youth system is run for the benefit of the senior team, but I do presume that they are doing what they are instructed to do. Why? because they are still well employed.

7 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Lucas Hernandez looks like an interesting player, but still a gamble.

Would not go for Telles, as a former gremio player I know his style well and is already past his prime. Terrible in defense and never played in a competitive league. Pass.

The others are huge gambles as tiny league and team players. If you think they are not (gambles), you haven't followed enough youngster's careers... That's why scouts make so much money - perhaps you should give it a go since you like to do it for fun anyway?

The board is not shit. What does that mean anyway? Maybe you should support a different club? :) The board is whatever the fuck the owner wants it to be. No, I do not agree with many things the board does and have done so in the past, nor do I think the youth system is run for the benefit of the senior team, but I do presume that they are doing what they are instructed to do. Why? because they are still well employed.

So what do we do - give options!!

Stay wth the slow as hell Alonso that has 1 good game in 10?