Why are there so many Manchester United fans?

Jessman

Hey guys, this has always played in my mind,

Why are there so many Manu fans?

Is it because they always win?, alot of people have their theories, i thought if you were from Manchester you followed City

I heard a program on the Radio the other day saying it's because alot of people felt sorry for them in the air disasters in the 50's - 60's but i'm not too sure.

I also think it's because they are portrayed as "Awesome" in movies such as, Eurotrip etc.

However, i am Blue for life.

:blue scalf::blue scalf:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, this has always played in my mind,

Why are there so many Manu fans?

Is it because they always win?, alot of people have their theories, i thought if you were from Manchester you followed City

I heard a program on the Radio the other day saying it's because alot of people felt sorry for them in the air disasters in the 50's - 60's but i'm not too sure.

I also think it's because they are portrayed as "Awesome" in movies such as, Eurotrip etc.

However, i am Blue for life.

:blue scalf::blue scalf:

Answer in bold.

After they won the 1968 European Cup, there seemed to be a load of cockney reds in my local school all of a sudden.

They have a certain 'history' and with recent success and global television coverage, it's no wonder there are people in China and New Zealand buying Man Utd tat online.

In the UK there are a disproportionate number of Man Utd and Liverpool fans of Asian ethnicity because their parents didnt go to games because of 'hooliganism', they could only watch TV and they were the two most successful clubs of the late 60s and 70s up until the 90s. This 'allegiance' was passed down to their next generation.

They also use aggressive marketing, worldwide pre season tours as do the other 'top four'. They are (or were) the biggest supported club in the World which is why the Glazier parasites leeched onto it.

Chelsea is essentially the Word of God being spread through out the World whereas ManUtd is some hideous Aids like virus that infects weakened indivuiduals, leading to paralysis, incessant masturbation, and eventually a tedious death.

I saw a dramatic increase of man you shirts after the 06/07 season when they won the championship again.

Went all quiet for a few years when Chelsea dominated the league.

Typical. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kez

Yeah there seems to be plenty of Utd fans down here in Australia too, most of them wear jerseys, and i ask...

"Who is your Captain and Goal keeper" they always have no clue and drive the conversation in another direction, i HATE it. hehe

lord knows may be its as a result of some terrot plot convert loads of people to love united ... then from some special signal from mctaggart then all go on the rampage ram raiding pound stretchers accross the land and launching a surprise attack on the isle of anglessey declaring it a independent superstate and citing gary neville as the new leader of the western world.......

Chelsea is essentially the Word of God being spread through out the World whereas ManUtd is some hideous Aids like virus that infects weakened indivuiduals, leading to paralysis, incessant masturbation, and eventually a tedious death.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Only you could put it so eloquently Greg.

If you're from manchester and had the choice Utd or City..

LOL

Still choose Chelsea :thumbsup: