Scolaris Transfer Targets

I love the way how a player can score four goals in a tournament and all of a sudden be considered the greatest striker ever. Villa has been very poor in La Liga since the turn of the year, the only reason he does so well for Spain is because he has Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta pinging balls to him - and they're three of the best passers of a ball in the world.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way how a player can score four goals in a tournament and all of a sudden be considered the greatest striker ever. Villa has been very poor in La Liga since the turn of the year, the only reason he does so well for Spain is because he has Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta pinging balls to him - and they're three of the best passers of a ball in the world.

valencia in general has had a very very poor season with the mangerial merry go round and he was injured for some part of it..

he has been brilliant and more consistent in la liga than torres ever was.. and he drops deep and creates moves and goals thats why i guess he is appreciated more, just like didier, but unlike his targetman qualities..

Torres and Villa are different types of strikers, but I know what you are saying. Torres' game suits the Premier League more than it does in La Liga, whilst I think Villa's technique of playing behind another striker is more suited in Spain where there is more space.

Villa, Overhyped!!!

And today for the second time he has come out and indicated that he is not going t join Chelsea. SO my two words for him... FUCK OFF!!!!

Villa seems to be a great pal of Torres. And Villa has indicated that if he comes to england it will be for Liverpool.

he isn't over hyped for nothing mate, i have always believed him to be better than torres, who fluffed too many chances at At. Madrid, and he's also one of the most intelligent strikers around.. and i'll stand by it.. if valencia do sell him and if he is played according to his strengths he'll be what drogba was last season..

he isn't over hyped for nothing mate, i have always believed him to be better than torres, who fluffed too many chances at At. Madrid, and he's also one of the most intelligent strikers around.. and i'll stand by it.. if valencia do sell him and if he is played according to his strengths he'll be what drogba was last season..

When I said Overhyped..I meant He is CERTAINLY NOT THE BEST STRIKER IN EUROPE atm as been touted by the press after his 4 goals in 2 games.

Villa and Drogba? No comparison. Villa thrives on 4-4-2 so does Drogba but Drogba can still be one of the best in the world playing in 4-3-3. Last season Drogs played 31 games and still managed to stuff in 16 goals. Villa doesnt have the aerial threat that Drogs posses,doesnt have the ball keeeping ability like Drogba. He totally thrives on 4-4-2 a bit like RVN, he certainly is one of the best in Europe, but Drogba is a different class.

Torres was the whole and sole of Athletico Madrid, Villa wasnt at. Villa had far better players around him in Valencia , to make him look like a better striker than Torres. Torres dint have the same quality around him in Atl. madrid. Look how Torres has blossomed in Liverpool with much quality midfield behind him. So saying David Villa is a better striker than Torres wouldnt sound right. Both are Quaity, hardly anything to choose. Both are one of the top strikers in Europe when they r at their best, but Drogba at his best is an UNTOUCHABLE!!!!

dude firstly for the best part you have turned this into a drogba vs villa debate which i hate cos i love both of them and i was on about torres and villa cos the media was going gaga abt him this season..

When I said Overhyped..I meant He is CERTAINLY NOT THE BEST STRIKER IN EUROPE atm as been touted by the press after his 4 goals in 2 games.

he is one of the best if not the best around and the appreciation has been long time coming..

Villa and Drogba? No comparison. Villa thrives on 4-4-2 so does Drogba but Drogba can still be one of the best in the world playing in 4-3-3. Last season Drogs played 31 games and still managed to stuff in 16 goals.

villa for the best part of his career at valencia has played in a 4-3-3

villa has scored 15-20 goals consistently season after season in 2005-06 he scored 25 goals in the league

Villa doesnt have the aerial threat that Drogs posses,doesnt have the ball keeeping ability like Drogba. He totally thrives on 4-4-2 a bit like RVN, he certainly is one of the best in Europe, but Drogba is a different class

ye agreed he doest have the same aerial threat but he makes up for it with his intelligence.. he sees moves 2-3 passes ahead and even manages to get at the end of them after starting them, he doesnt have the power but makes up for it with the dribbling and acute angled great finishing..

Torres was the whole and sole of Athletico Madrid, Villa wasnt at. Villa had far better players around him in Valencia , to make him look like a better striker than Torres. Torres dint have the same quality around him in Atl. madrid. Look how Torres has blossomed in Liverpool with much quality midfield behind him. So saying David Villa is a better striker than Torres wouldnt sound right.

dude, At. madrid are the superior verssion of spurs they have always had the bst players in la liga ther just underachieved massively..

what did put torres down was the expectations, he was made the captain at fucking 19 years of age..

Both are Quaity, hardly anything to choose. Both are one of the top strikers in Europe when they r at their best, but Drogba at his best is an UNTOUCHABLE!!!!

villa can be just as good as anyone out there :P

Give me an in form Drogba and I'd take him everyday over an in form Villa.

i know and so do i, but it started out with villa being overhyped and being compared to torres and somehow got into drogba vs villa debate..

best striker in the world?

if thats the case where was the best striker in the world when valencia faces Chelsea?

he did score a goal and a assist..

i'm just saying he's one of the best around and worth every hype the media are now associating with him..

they face Chelsea for 4 games....just a goal and assist....during large part of the game villa is invicible

ronnie did much more damage to us in one game

Edited by kbchel

Scolari's appointment has been welcomed by Chelsea's players, but not by Sir Alex Ferguson. The Manchester United manager has privately expressed anger that the Brazilian has been advising Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portugal forward, to leave Old Trafford for Real.

The Times

HaHA love the last bit

Yeah, even better if Scolari can convinced him to come to us. He's an amazing player despite his attitude.

Oh no!

I don't even want him for free.

Would you say the same about Ashley Cole before he came?

You have to admit he's really good and will only get better as he's only 22. Whatever floats your boat, tho'. :drunk:

Would you say the same about Ashley Cole before he came?

You have to admit he's really good and will only get better as he's only 22. Whatever floats your boat, tho'. :drunk:

Didn't hate Ashley that much.

Ronaldo is 23 firstly. He won't get any better anymre, I'm pretty sure in it. I think he will fuck his career up in near future with his arrogance and ego.

I'd take the dancing boy for a season or two. He would help us win things. I think that its pretty daft to say that you wouldn't take the player of the year on. I don't like him at all. But I do love Chelsea FC and he would be an asset. But this is all bollocks as firstly he wants to go to Real, and secondly ManUre would never let him come here in a million years.

I'd take the dancing boy for a season or two. He would help us win things. I think that its pretty daft to say that you wouldn't take the player of the year on. I don't like him at all. But I do love Chelsea FC and he would be an asset. But this is all bollocks as firstly he wants to go to Real, and secondly ManUre would never let him come here in a million years.

There is 1000% no chance he will come to us. But you are right, like him or not you would be mad not to want him here.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You