Carvalho Tempted to join Jose

Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho admits he would 'love' to play under former coach Jose Mourinho again, and revealed he would be discussing his Stamford Bridge future with chief executive Peter Kenyon after Euro 2008.

Ad1817908St1Sz170Sq1606354V0Id2.jpg The Portugal centre-back has been linked with a move to Inter Milan, where Mourinho - who coached Carvalho at Porto and Chelsea - has just been appointed as boss.

The 30-year-old is one of many players expected to be tempted to join Mourinho, and he admits a tough decision lies in wait for him at the end of the tournament.

'I have heard a few comments (about a move to Inter),' he said.

'It's a club matter and I am focused on playing for the national team so we will see after.

'But I would love to be coached by Mourinho again. The majority of the trophies I have won were won with Mourinho.

'At Chelsea, there is a new cycle happening so we will see what happens. I have a contract with Chelsea.

'But you never know - sometimes a challenge is good for a player. I will speak with Peter Kenyon after the tournament.'

Cristiano Ronaldo, Carvalho's Portugal team-mate, has also been linked with a move away from Premier League, with Real Madrid admitting they would be interested in signing the Manchester United winger.

Carvalho believes only Ronaldo himself can decide whether his future lies away from Old Trafford.

'He has to make his decision,' he added.

'Sometimes a new challenge is good but he has to make that decision. I can't say much about this.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source:soccernet.com

There you go, Carvalho speaks out. I think he is sure to leave this summer.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if essein or lamps say that i will be a little more worry....

the last thing inter need is another defender

they have 4 world class centre backs walter samuel, ivan cordoba, marco materazzi and christian chivu

He won't leave.

What makes you so confident he wont leave?

If there is a player that is bound to goto Inter Milan it is Carvalho, Carvalho has been more with Jose than with Chelsea in his footballing career and its obvious he would love to be with Jose than stay with Chelsea

Well we was always waiting for these stories, and for some reason when players are with their national teams then it seems to happen more often!

I don't believe Carvalho will exit, he has recently signed a new contract and isn't the sort of player to kick up a fuss and force a move.

Well we was always waiting for these stories, and for some reason when players are with their national teams then it seems to happen more often!

I don't believe Carvalho will exit, he has recently signed a new contract and isn't the sort of player to kick up a fuss and force a move.

Spot on. But if he does leave, I guarantee we will get every penny we can.

Just read somewhere Chelsea are tabling a 90,000 squid a week deal. :thumbsup:

Here ya go. It's from Tripe footy but hey...

tribalfootball.com - June 11, 2008

Ricardo Carvalho is set to win a bumper pay-rise at Chelsea.

The Sun says one of the first actions from new Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari will be to hand Carvalho a new £90,000-a-week deal. :blue scalf:

Edited by chelseapaul