BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why we persist in letting anyone else on the field take a corner/set piece when Cesc is on the filed is beyond me.

Keep every fucker away from them and let Cesc do his stuff. Sick to death of seeing people take corners who can't beat the first man on a consistent basis.

Have to say, can't believe that Sporting played such a ridiculous high line yesterday without any proper pressure on the ball. Easy to bypass their midfield and one ball in behind the defence and we were through. It's almost as AVB was coaching them!

Not so sure it was our toughest chance. Like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink stated, poor marking by Sporting on the set piece. No way Matic should have been given a free header. Also his defender lost Matic. He had no idea where Matic was. Still I have to say what a bit of skill by Matic. His header was perfect & probably a once in a lifetime shot by him.

True, the defender made a mess of it, but still, Nemanja had no right to score from that angle and to loop it over the keeper who was practically on his line. Pretty special header.

Only one word for our performance last night: Wasteful.

Should have easily battered them 5-0 or 6-0. Schurrle has been missing his shooting boots. We have like missed 4 1 on 1 chances...... this is unacceptable.

Needs to definitely improve on this. But glad we won. The header at 90th minute by a sporting player dunno the name which went through side netting gave me a bit heartache tbh I thought wow we again drew a game which we had dominated but thank god we won. We need to kill the game of and take our chances.

He congratulated him because he denied us several scoring opportunities not because he is world class keeper! Jose also stated that we didn't KILL the game in his post match.

Who said anything about rui being WC? but it was once in a lifetime performance that he put in last night.

Did jose go and talk to every GK that stopped his team from winning or killing the ganes?

And of course he said that we dint kill the game. We had the oppurtunities to do So. But there was a player having a wonderful performnace in front of the goal.

Who said anything about rui being WC? but it was once in a lifetime performance that he put in last night.

Did jose go and talk to every GK that stopped his team from winning or killing the ganes?

And of course he said that we dint kill the game. We had the oppurtunities to do So. But there was a player having a wonderful performnace in front of the goal.

Once in a life time performance?!!!

We were friggin wasteful. Almost every 1 on 1 chances we passed the ball straight to him. we would've made a clown out of him been more sharp and precise.

Why we persist in letting anyone else on the field take a corner/set piece when Cesc is on the filed is beyond me.

Keep every fucker away from them and let Cesc do his stuff. Sick to death of seeing people take corners who can't beat the first man on a consistent basis.

Schurrle delivered a couple good ones. From corners.

Once in a life time performance?!!!

We were friggin wasteful. Almost every 1 on 1 chances we passed the ball straight to him. we would've made a clown out of him been more sharp and precise.

Not worth it.

Its like saying cech had nothing to do with our victory against barca, it was just barca being wasteful.

Fuck off, you want them to equal us?, any rich guy can take over a club and equal what WE'VE Done. Chelsea went through so many injustices in europe to win just 1!.. and you want City to be level with that!??

I would accept winning nothing this season if it meant City not winning the CL.

where did i say that i want them to won cl? can't you read? or you're just fucking stupid

i just want them to be in cl as long as possible. semi-finals for example would be good.

where did i say that i want them to won cl? can't you read? or you're just fucking stupid

i just want them to be in cl as long as possible. semi-finals for example would be good.

And less of the 'Or You're just fucking stupid' comments please, take it to PM and don't clog the thread up with pointless insults.

Thanks.

I find myself consistently shouting this at the TV.

I'm actually starting to threaten Willian and Schurrle with physical harm if they get in the way of Cesc many more times.

Not worth it.

Its like saying cech had nothing to do with our victory against barca, it was just barca being wasteful.

Not a good comparison. Just imagine that near the end Nani shot went in, with all chances squandered away that could've been easily turn the match into a disaster.

That's the SAME thing as wanting them to win, the further they progress the more likely it is, simple.. simple logic mate.

The further away they are, the better.

Not a good comparison. Just imagine that near the end Nani shot went in, with all chances squandered away that could've been easily turn the match into a disaster.

Not a good comparison? Why? Dint barca LOSE cos of cech's brilliant performance? Was not he pivotal in our CL final victory?

If the nani shot had gone in then we would have drawn a match that we should have won but were thwarted by the lisbon keeper.

Totally get what you are saying. City in a CL QF/SF is much better for us than they going out in the group stages (which at the moment seems likeliest) and giving all their attention to PL.