Sporting Lisbon 0-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Totally get what you are saying. City in a CL QF/SF is much better for us than they going out in the group stages (which at the moment seems likeliest) and giving all their attention to PL.

Not at all, if you want City to progress it's just as bad as wanting them to win it. I've already stated twice now in this thread the reasons for that and why it's bad for Chelsea; either give a counter-argument to 'those posts' or leave it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a good comparison? Why? Dint barca LOSE cos of cech's brilliant performance? Was not he pivotal in our CL final victory?

If the nani shot had gone in then we would have drawn a match that we should have won but were thwarted by the lisbon keeper.

No! Do you really think we won because of Cech brilliance?! no. that victory was no one man show! they lost because of our perfect organization, determination and resilience! Because we had like 1 good chance and WE DIDN'T WASTE IT. We were absolutely clinical in front of goal home and away.

And who's that to blame? our wasteful players.

No! Do you really think we won because of Cech brilliance?! no. that victory was no one man show! they lost because of our perfect organization, determination and resilience! Because we had like 1 good chance and WE DIDN'T WASTE IT. We were absolutely clinical in front of goal home and away.

And who's that to blame? our wasteful players.

YES!!! we DID win because of cech's brilliance. it was not a one-man show but a lot of it has to be given to cech. he was our MOTM without a doubt.

also, the analogy here makes us barca while sporting is chelsea, just in case u dint understand the analogy i was trying to put forth. our "wastefulness" is being compared to barca's just like patricio's awesome performance is being compared to cech's

Not at all, if you want City to progress it's just as bad as wanting them to win it. I've already stated twice now in this thread the reasons for that and why it's bad for Chelsea; either give a counter-argument to 'those posts' or leave it.

and who made u the sheriff of what i post?

i dont reply to posts and comments with the sole intention of creating trouble.

i have already said why i want city to be a QFs or a SFs. if u cant understand simple english, its not my fault. it helps us cos it diverts their attention from PL which is the main priority for us. look what happened to us cos of CL and PL title challenge last season. it ended up costing both. also, who cares if "people" will say that city and chelsea won cos of money. we know the truth. we know what happend. and what those victories meant. but just so as to prove a point to some "people" in an argument, i wont endanger our present. city having a run in CL suits us. city's forwards are definitely short of players. aguero, dzeko, jovetic, silva, navas, nasri, milner for 4 positions out of which aguero and jovetic are real injury prone. yaya, fernando, fernandinho for 2 positions.

Also, wouldn't City going to UEL be the ideal scenario?

They would have to travel with a lot of their first team and have much less rest time. Kind of pinched our league run last time.

they wouldn't be like us. They wouldn't honor the competition. We're the only big team or UCL champion that took UEL seriously. United, City, big teams from other countries play their reserves in those matches and see what happens. Normally they lose around quarters or semis, if they go as far at all.

United, City, big teams from other countries play their reserves in those matches and see what happens. Normally they lose around quarters or semis, if they go as far at all.

Juve took it serious last season, because the final was in their stadium. However they got punked in the Semis by Benfica.

Juve took it serious last season, because the final was in their stadium. However they got punked in the Semis by Benfica.

juve could afford to take it seriously cos they dint have the pressure of domestic league. they had literally run away with it. i dont expect any such thing to happen with city.

YES!!! we DID win because of cech's brilliance. it was not a one-man show but a lot of it has to be given to cech. he was our MOTM without a doubt.

also, the analogy here makes us barca while sporting is chelsea, just in case u dint understand the analogy i was trying to put forth. our "wastefulness" is being compared to barca's just like patricio's awesome performance is being compared to cech's

Lol!!! i think you don't even believe in that yourself, only that you want to prove your point about their keeper but I'm sure many won't agree with you on that. Was our defense that exposed like Lisbon were and he had to save hundreds of 1 on 1 situations and the likes of Messi and Xavi couldn't get past him?! or a bus were in front of him the whole campaign?

You analogy is complete non-sense and ludicrous. Lisbon were Chelsea?!! How on earth do you even make that comparison? On what dimension Lisbon compared to us?! Offensive?! Defensive?!

Also, wouldn't City going to UEL be the ideal scenario?

They would have to travel with a lot of their first team and have much less rest time. Kind of pinched our league run last time.

Shhh, we have people in here who want City to equal our record.

Good point though, because even if they don't take it seriously, they will STILL have to travel etc in the preliminary stages.

Lol!!! i think you don't even believe in that yourself, only that you want to prove your point about their keeper but I'm sure many won't agree with you on that. Was our defense that exposed like Lisbon were and he had to save hundreds of 1 on 1 situations and the likes of Messi and Xavi couldn't get past him?! or a bus were in front of him the whole campaign?

You analogy is complete non-sense and ludicrous. Lisbon were Chelsea?!! How on earth do you even make that comparison? On what dimension Lisbon compared to us?! Offensive?! Defensive?!

the idiotism just keeps on increasing. so now cech was not one of our best players in the CL campaign?

lets just take a look at all the clear cut chances that barca created

sanchez hitting post

cesc missing his shot after cech saves iniesta shot

sanchez one on one and hits the side netting,

cesc cleared off the line

messi header stopped by cech

puyol header brilliantly stopped by cech

busquets golden chance with the last touch.

and this was just the first leg.

lets go to the 2nd leg

messi one on one -side netting

cole clearing chip off the line

cech saves one on one with messi, JT blocks the rebound

cech saves puyol shot

iva block one on one

penalty save

sanchez header stopped

tello(i think) one on one stopped

messi shot stopped and hits the post (cech brillaint save)

mascherano shot

all this is just out of the top of my head.

but dont let me stop u from u delusions of grandeur that barca simply dint have any chance and that cech had a very easy outing just cos a "bus" was parked in front of him.

(this does not mean that i dont understand the importance and the effort our defence and each and every one of our player had put in on those 2 days. but sayin cech was not our best player on those 2 days is just LOL)

from "circus like performance" to this post, everything has been a brilliant comical read.

the idiotism just keeps on increasing. so now cech was not one of our best players in the CL campaign?

lets just take a look at all the clear cut chances that barca created

sanchez hitting post

cesc missing his shot after cech saves iniesta shot

sanchez one on one and hits the side netting,

cesc cleared off the line

messi header stopped by cech

puyol header brilliantly stopped by cech

busquets golden chance with the last touch.

and this was just the first leg.

but dont let me stop u from u delusions of grandeur that barca simply dint have any chance and that cech had a very easy outing just cos a "bus" was parked in front of him.

from "circus like performance" to this post, everything has been a brilliant comical read.

Exactly!!

and yes he was ONE OF THE BEST CHELSEA PLAYERS, not the only one like you were trying to pretend to go with your absurd story about Lisbon keeper.

You really have a crippled mind! how Sanchez hitting the post has any thing to do with Cech being a super keeper?!

Sanchez hit side netting?! Lol!!!

The Puyol header was dangerous i'll give you that but it was not like he save 10 one on 1 chances. And you just contradicted yourself. as i said you don't even believe Cech could've saved those many chance if fallen in the foot of Messi and Xavi and our defense were that exposed.

And BTW what did you smoke?! Who said anything about Barca having no chance?! you were the one who came with that stupid non-relevant analogy!

Exactly!!

and yes he was ONE OF THE BEST CHELSEA PLAYERS, not the only one like you were trying to pretend to go with your absurd story about Lisbon keeper.

You really have a crippled mind! how Sanchez hitting the post has any thing to do with Cech being a super keeper?!

Sanchez hit side netting?! Lol!!!

The Puyol header was dangerous i'll give you that but it was not like he save 10 one on 1 chances. And you just contradicted yourself. as i said you don't even believe Cech could've saved those many chance if fallen in the foot of Messi and Xavi and our defense were that exposed.

And BTW what did you smoke?! Who said anything about Barca having no chance?! you were the one who came with that stupid non-relevant analogy!

oh dear mother of god!!!!

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18970-sporting-lisbon-chelsea/?p=993725

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18970-sporting-lisbon-chelsea/?p=993754

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18970-sporting-lisbon-chelsea/?p=993795

its like talking to a monkey. a dumb monkey.

where exactly did i say he was the only player? please... please tell me that. another brilliantly LOL comment.

also the analogy was to prove the part the GK played. read the post where i bring in cech. sometimes, a GK having a WC performance means a world of difference.

ps - sanchez was 1v1 when he hit the side netting. cech had the near post covered. go and watch the match again rather than sounding idiotic.

oh dear mother of god!!!!

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18970-sporting-lisbon-chelsea/?p=993725

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18970-sporting-lisbon-chelsea/?p=993754

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18970-sporting-lisbon-chelsea/?p=993795

its like talking to a monkey. a dumb monkey.

where exactly did i say he was the only player? please... please tell me that. another brilliantly LOL comment.

also the analogy was to prove the part the GK played. read the post where i bring in cech. sometimes, a GK having a WC performance means a world of difference.

ps - sanchez was 1v1 when he hit the side netting. cech had the near post covered. go and watch the match again rather than sounding idiotic.

You are a fucking baboon in human body shape!

You were worshiping Lisbon keeper like you worship cow! and you compared Cech to him (stupidly!) and you claim Cech WAS the main reason we won the semi and the final of UCL in 2012 (also stupidly!) and ignore all the facts by which we won CL JUST to prove you stupid moronic point and put the lid on you empty brainless skull of your baboon body to justify your daft theories and ignore the whole facts that we were fucking wasteful first and foremost and that keeper had nothing to do with it for 99 percent of the time.

You are a fucking baboon in human body shape!

You were worshiping Lisbon keeper like you worship cow! and you compared Cech to him (stupidly!) and you claim Cech WAS the main reason we won the semi and the final of UCL in 2012 (also stupidly!) and ignore all the facts by which we won CL JUST to prove you stupid moronic point and put the lid on you empty brainless skull of your baboon body to justify your daft theories and ignore the whole facts that we were fucking wasteful first and foremost and that keeper had nothing to do with it for 99 percent of the time.

i claimed cech was the main reason. u said cech was one of our best players... woooowwww what a massive difference!!!

the cech point was made to make a simple point get inside the hollow thing on the top of your head that GKs can affect games too sometimes. like cech did for us against barcelona and bayern. like patricio did for lisbon last night. unfortunately, to much strain for the thing u call a brain.

and of all the AWESOME COMMENTS u have made, this one takes the cake man. that keeper had nothing to do with it for 99 percent of the time. now i actually get an insight of how u think. so its simply not worth it.

"we were fucking wasteful..waaaaahhh"... sounds like a broken tape-recorder.

as for the racial content of me "worshipping cows" i am gonna report u. so thanks a lot!!!

Why we persist in letting anyone else on the field take a corner/set piece when Cesc is on the filed is beyond me.

Keep every fucker away from them and let Cesc do his stuff. Sick to death of seeing people take corners who can't beat the first man on a consistent basis.

Actually, Oscar's close range free kicks are fucking amazing. I'd rather Oscar take those than Cesc.