Standing stands back to PL

What do you say lads? Should we get the standing stands also known as Terrace? Do you agree with me that it changes all the atmosphere. I think it's too modern with all these modern seats, and it's way too boring to sit down and sing. AGAINST MODERN FOOTBALL! Imagine if we could have the same kind of atmosphere at home as we had at the Emirates!

CAREFREE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big fat NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO

Every time I go to Ibrox I walk past the memorial of names of all the people who died in the Ibrox disaster and when I also think of what happened at Hillsborough, I pray they never reintroduce standing

Every time I go to Ibrox I walk past the memorial of names of all the people who died in the Ibrox disaster and when I also think of what happened at Hillsborough, I pray they never reintroduce standing

But if its safe standing surely it's not a problem. If we can receive guarantees that a tragedy like that could simply not happen with the modern systems (which we have) then if its what the fans want (which it is) then surely its a no-brainer.

Both accidents have nothing to do with the fact there were standing areas. It would have happened no matter what!

The fact the stadiums had fences and they sold more tickets than the maximum capacity were way more of a factor than the fact there were standing sections...

I feel people interact more while standing and you can always do standings areas with safety and organization. Bundesliga is there to prove it!

It would definitely improve the atmosphere. Everyone was standing on Tuesday night against Arsenal (although we always stand at away games and our away support is better than our home support) and it was brilliant. We wouldn't be able to increase the actual capacity of Stamford Bridge through it because

1- The traditional safe standing system seen in Germany has an individual seat behind each standing place, so there is no place we could increase the number of seats

2- We don't have enough exits to evacuate more than the current capacity in an emergency

Still, it would certainly be better than the current situation of seating. The only way it wouldn't necessarily improve atmosphere is if we get the same situation as the Shed 50 and Shed 100 schemes. (For those that don't know, it was 2 separate schemes a few years back where the most vocal fans in the Shed end were grouped together to improve atmosphere) We might get people who just want to be near or in the standing area because the atmosphere is better but not necessarily contribute anything. This was the case for the FA Cup final in 2010.

It is safe. Very safe. If it wasn't safe why is it used in rugby matches, lower league football and right across Europe? People being stood up rather than sat down has absolutely no impact on whether there would be another Ibrox or Hillsborough. Tickets would be sold as they are now- you get an individual standing place- the stand has a set capacity. I think I am right in saying that one of the causes of Hillsborough was too many people were allowed inside that part of the stadium, which wouldn't be able to happen with a set capacity. There was also only one entrance/exit so people couldn't escape. This feature is not legal in modern football stadia.

The only way we will get safe standing back is if big clubs back it. Man U have said they will consider it, Aston Villa are working on it, Man City I think said they support it. Unfortunately recent dialogue between the fans forum and club officials states that at this moment we are not supporting it, although this could change with time. The only place I could see us introducing it in the current stadium is the Matthew Harding Lower because it is an appropriate size and has an appropriate C value (This is used to measure sightlines in stadia). Shed lower would be so small it would be pointless and people in the back rows cannot see when everyone stands up as it is. Upper tiers are out of the question because standing is not allowed in these areas in case of a pile forward which would cause people to fall over the first row into the lower tier. We also have agreements with Adidas to display their name on upper tier seats.

What do you say lads? Should we get the standing stands also known as Terrace? Do you agree with me that it changes all the atmosphere. I think it's too modern with all these modern seats, and it's way too boring to sit down and sing. AGAINST MODERN FOOTBALL! Imagine if we could have the same kind of atmosphere at home as we had at the Emirates!

CAREFREE

YOU ARE ON TALKCHELSEA!!!!!! I'M A HUGE FAN OF YOURS!!

I'll say it again, it won't happen at Chelsea. It would actually reduce the capacity if we did this so where is the benefit? Our singing is fine during big games where we are not expected to win with ease, the atmosphere is a victim of our own success and excpectations

I'll say it again, it won't happen at Chelsea. It would actually reduce the capacity if we did this so where is the benefit? Our singing is fine during big games where we are not expected to win with ease, the atmosphere is a victim of our own success and excpectations

how would the capacity be reduced? wouldn't we just replace each seat with a standing place that has a seat built into the railing that can be unlocked for european games?

I'm on the fans forum, so I'm privy to a lot of information that 99.9% of fan's won't have access to. It's totally pointless anyway, you all want them installed in the Shed and Harding Lowers, why? They are the only 2 areas of the stadium that do not need improving so it wouldn't do anything.

I'm on the fans forum, so I'm privy to a lot of information that 99.9% of fan's won't have access to. It's totally pointless anyway, you all want them installed in the Shed and Harding Lowers, why? They are the only 2 areas of the stadium that do not need improving so it wouldn't do anything.

People just want to stand and have a proper organized area to do so. It is not that hard to understand!