Cyprus Haircut

NishC300

There are not that bad. It's just recently that things have gone bad for them. Around the 20th Century they were doing really well.

Not to mention the greatness of the Ancient Greeks

Those were the days ?

Today, nothing to write home about.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russian energy giant Gazprom, by the way Chelsea´s sponsor has offered Cyprus to restructure their banks in exchange for exploration rights for natural gas on the island.

Up to 30 billion of Russian money is stashed in the island. A massive money laundering operation for Russian oligarch attracted to its low tax rates.

Russian energy giant Gazprom, by the way Chelsea´s sponsor has offered Cyprus to restructure their banks in exchange for exploration rights for natural gas on the island.

Up to 30 billion of Russian money is stashed in the island. A massive money laundering operation for Russian oligarch attracted to its low tax rates.

Doesn't Abramovich have money stashed here?

You have to break eggs and throw out the rotten ones to make a nice omelette

Yeah, they should smash the system because their elected officials clearly aren't listening to them by going ahead with this unpopular bank levy......

Oh wait, what's that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21875246

Political leaders in Cyprus have dropped an unpopular levy on bank deposits in a new bailout plan.

There was outrage over an earlier plan to tax all bank deposits.

@NishC300, haha omg , thanks mate ^_^

Aright so , Why Cyprus is in such a big slump ? Well , I know the corporate media lies but since you're a respected citizen there , you might know the real truth .

Cyprus has $24b in GDP the debt is 60% or around $14b? It's not a lot of money , I mean they can work something out with the IMF ?

and Is it any true that Cyprus is where KGB and Russian Mafia stashes their black money ? If it is , I dont really think they would piss those lads off

Here is your quote from the previous thread http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/7709-the-pub-discuss-anything/page-519: ok so here we go (it's not too long)

I don't really know the above stats but in reality the entire country's budget is really low.

Yes there is Russian black money here loads of it:

Well let's start of from the beginning. Now Cyprus got its Independence in 1960 from the British (to this day there are still British forces in Cyprus due to the recent issue they are sending their money by cash and not bank). So for Cyprus to grow Cyprus needed industry. Now the Industrial Revolution occurred mainly in Northern Europe and not Southern Europe. So Cyprus doesn't really have industry. Now for Cyprus to become rich Cyprus provided other services and that was banking. Cyprus is built around its banking sector and Cyprus had lots of Money laundering. So lots of Russian black money is here. Lots! Cypriots like Russia (like). Now before I carry on I must tell u one thing...Cypriots LOVE Greece as u know Cypriots speak Greek and live a Greek lifestyle. In Cyprus u'll find loads of Greek flags but no Cypriot flags. If I just look outside my window I can see two Greek flags but no Cyprus flags.

So in 2005 Cyprus joined the EU to get a better lifestyle, but by joining the EU money laundering was no longer done in Cyprus (at least not openly like in Switzerland). Also I want to add one more thing is that Cypriots in general r quite unintelligent and seem to have this belief that they r the best (When I mean they I mean Greece). So this destroyed Cyprus' model of banking. Now recently when Greece got its economical problems Cyprus gave Greece huge bailout! Their banks gave loads of bailout (It's Greece the country they worship). So Greece didn't return the loan and Cyprus banks started to struggle and on top of that in Cyprus there are 3 power plants and 1 and a half (half of one) were destroyed in an accidental blast. Cyprus struggled to pay for them since its economy couldn't bare this. On top of that, Cyprus had a pretty useless previous President (Christofias now the President is Anastasiades). So Cyprus struggled. Then on Friday Cyprus went for negotiations regarding their bailout. Cyprus were given the condition to do the hair cut or not get a bailout. The Cypriot parliament voted against it. Now the situation is like this.

This is pretty basic since I'm kinda young and there are loads of other details about the poor politics and decision making of Cyprus. So tbh Cyprus' decision to join the EU is backfiring. It destroyed their banking model and landed them in this situation and then it was worsened by loads of other factors. On top of tht what's so shocking is that the Cypriot ppl r blaming Germany for this mess saying they are not giving the bailout (and they are blaming Germany for putting Greece in it's current crisis WTF??) when the Cypriot ppl r not ready to pay money from their savings for the country (that too the pretty rich ppl). Cyprus are also trying to do some negotiations and stuff to get the bailout they want. The banking sector is fucked atm. Cyprus also earlier received a bailout from Russia at an extremely low interest rate. Also the loss of Cyprus isn't a huge loss for the EU since Cyprus makes up a tiny portion of the EU's economy. A German MP just said that if they don't do the haircut then they can leave the EU.

Latest news suggests Cyprus have received a last chance to get the bailout from Troika. Could be a last chance to save the country. The point is if they don't get a bailout the country'll go bust as when ppl go to withdraw their money (Which they already r from the ATMs). They will empty the bank! because the bank won't have enough Euros to give to everyone who is taking out their money and when the banks won't have money to give to the ppl! Cyprus will be out of the Eurozone and will have to start printing Cypriot Pounds again and the country will suffer. Cyprus is at the point of bankruptcy right now. There is almost no hope.

Storm the banks, set fire to parliament, Cypriot revolution is the way forward

They protested outside the Presidential palace during Christofias' reign when the power plant blast occured

Well, I or you will never know that. Certainly, many " solid businessmen " do.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/tax-haven-reputation-plagues-eu-bailout-of-cyprus-a-877369.html

Googled about Abramovich and found this. Looks like he's got money here too.

Yeah, they should smash the system because their elected officials clearly aren't listening to them by going ahead with this unpopular bank levy......

Oh wait, what's that?

Political leaders in Cyprus have dropped an unpopular levy on bank deposits in a new bailout plan.

That's old news apparently the government is re opening talks for the 'haircut' on bank deposits with new terms.

Oh wait, what's that?

They obviously saw my post and retracted...

You have to break eggs and throw out the rotten ones to make a nice omelette

Well, I agree. Nevertheless, how does one do that ? Crooked politicians, taking bribes are everywhere, these days.

Cyprus because of it, is doomed now. No matter what happens here, Russians will look for other offshore place to deposit their money, soon.

Well, I agree. Nevertheless, how does one do that ? Crooked politicians, taking bribes are everywhere, these days.

The best way to shorten and ease the convulsions of the old crooked order, and invigorate the birth pangs of the new way forward, is through sheer revolutionary terror...

...just sayin

The best way to shorten and ease the convulsions of the old crooked order, and invigorate the birth pangs of the new way forward, is through sheer revolutionary terror...

...just sayin

Somehow, I too feel something must be done soon. This world is run by greedy crooks. Perhaps, another revolution is on order ?

Common folks are being taken to the cleaners lately. Recessions, crisis created by these cunts & the rich are getting richer.