Physical & Mental health

Leif

Today is going to be the first day of my bulking up period! Im about 5ft 7 at the moment weighing in at 63-64kg (around 10 stone). The last time i bulked up like this i got a fat belly because i loved the cheese! I used to weigh 58kgs, put on around 5kg in a period of about 3 months and since then i have just been maintaining that. and during that maintenance i gradually put on 1kg (over a long period of time, about a year i think) whilst i improved my CV. I currently do 3 weight sessions a week which i shall now increase to five which i shall do for about 2 weeks before organising some 2 a day workouts to add in some fat burn sessions as well as extra resistance. I wont be taking any supplements or anything, im in no rush to gain this weight - im looking to weigh ~68kg by the end of the summer, so thats 4 months.

I'll try update this at the end of each week to let you now how im doing. im going to take photos as well for a start and finish so i can see my improvements like others suggested. and hopefully my girlfriend will appreciate how buff ill look!

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back from the gym, chest & tricep day:

Warm up: 2min on ergometer/push ups to get some blood circulating.

Bench press: 1x10 50kg; 1x10 80kg; 2x 6-8 90kg

Incline bench press: 4x8-10 60kg

Body weight dips: 4x12

Cable tricep pulldowns: 3x10 50kgs

Machine chest flies aka bitch flies: 4x 10 50kgs with 4x8 diamond pushups as superset

Tried the smith machines bench press, put on the max 120kgs and it was piss easy, felt like 70kgs barbell bench press. Conclusion: stay away from machines unless you do isolation exercises. Plus it has very limited option to choose your grip's width so I felt that my triceps did most of the work rather than pectorial muscles.

Best of luck!

Back from the gym, chest & tricep day:

Warm up: 2min on ergometer/push ups to get some blood circulating.

Bench press: 1x10 50kg; 1x10 80kg; 2x 6-8 90kg

Incline bench press: 4x8-10 60kg

Body weight dips: 4x12

Cable tricep pulldowns: 3x10 50kgs

Machine chest flies aka bitch flies: 4x 10 50kgs with 4x8 diamond pushups as superset

Tried the smith machines bench press, put on the max 120kgs and it was piss easy, felt like 70kgs barbell bench press. Conclusion: stay away from machines unless you do isolation exercises. Plus it has very limited option to choose your grip's width so I felt that my triceps did most of the work rather than pectorial muscles.

Best of luck!

nice. did my back bis traps and abs yesterday, aching like a bitch this morning. Im doing my chest shoulders and tris today, this will be my routine:

Bench 2x10 at 80kg and 1x6-8 at 90kg.

Shoulder press (machine - dodgy shoulder) - 3x8 at 55/60kg

dumbell press, 27.5kg in each had: 2x10. Then 1x8 of 30kg in each hand.

3 sets of 10kg lat raises may do some front raises as well - depends on time and how well i feel my anterior has been worked (will be 3x10 of 10kg if i do)

Then cable pull downs 2x10 70kg (weight is a lie, its a cable, makes it nice and easy!) 1x10 eccentric contractions on each arm.

then go home, go to work, wake up feel the ache and play football with it. BEAUTY!

I'm

like 6'1 and has only 58 kg weight. Lol . I really want to put some fat

on meself. Any suggestions would be really appreciated , thanks and I'm

too lazy to lift ^__^

naaaaaaaahhhhh bro. dont put on fat. once you put it on its hard to lose! just start lifting rocks! lifitng yourself! 58kg for someone over 6ft is crazy low. just start eating a bit more - im guessing youre just a teenager going through a bit of a spurt. How old are you?

naaaaaaaahhhhh bro. dont put on fat. once you put it on its hard to lose! just start lifting rocks! lifitng yourself! 58kg for someone over 6ft is crazy low. just start eating a bit more - im guessing youre just a teenager going through a bit of a spurt. How old are you?

I know that, It's terrible. People are like always make fun of me. But I actually eat a lot, I'm always on the feedmemore mode . It is something to do with my brain I guess lol ?and I'm 18 .

I know that, It's terrible. People are like always make fun of me. But I actually eat a lot, I'm always on the feedmemore mode . It is something to do with my brain I guess lol ?and I'm 18 .

well being 6 foot you will be wanting to eat lots! when i was about 17ish i was 5ft 7/8 and weighed in my 50kgs, proper scrawny little shit. as soon as i joined the gym and started doing a few weights, my appetite naturally increased and thats how i put on weight. i promise if you start lifting weights you will start eating more and you will gain weight in a healthy way, you'll just naturally crave more substantial foods.

well being 6 foot you will be wanting to eat lots! when i was about 17ish i was 5ft 7/8 and weighed in my 50kgs, proper scrawny little shit. as soon as i joined the gym and started doing a few weights, my appetite naturally increased and thats how i put on weight. i promise if you start lifting weights you will start eating more and you will gain weight in a healthy way, you'll just naturally crave more substantial foods.

I'd start lifting some after the finals , it has to be in routine right ?

Thanks for the help mate, I lub you :*

nice. did my back bis traps and abs yesterday, aching like a bitch this morning. Im doing my chest shoulders and tris today, this will be my routine:

Bench 2x10 at 80kg and 1x6-8 at 90kg.

Shoulder press (machine - dodgy shoulder) - 3x8 at 55/60kg

dumbell press, 27.5kg in each had: 2x10. Then 1x8 of 30kg in each hand.

3 sets of 10kg lat raises may do some front raises as well - depends on time and how well i feel my anterior has been worked (will be 3x10 of 10kg if i do)

Then cable pull downs 2x10 70kg (weight is a lie, its a cable, makes it nice and easy!) 1x10 eccentric contractions on each arm.

then go home, go to work, wake up feel the ache and play football with it. BEAUTY!

You're 5ft7 and weigh like 70 kgs and you press that? Thats very decent mate, whats your max 1x rep? I used ropes as handles for tricep pull downs, it felt way harder and more isolated than with iron handle. I guess it's because you need to stabilize it more and hold a firmer grip around the rope.

I'd start lifting some after the finals , it has to be in routine right ?

Thanks for the help mate, I lub you :*

you really need a routine. at the start its more about getting used to it. you'll naturally understand the mechanics of an ache and when you should and shouldnt be working out. anything you do do, just make sure you are doign it right.

even if you start with just some push ups, sit ups and pull ups. if you do join a gym then you will be more likely to become dedicated, but theres no reasons why you cant exercise at home. if you start jogging etc its all good.

The internet is full of wonderful hints and tips. just dont believe everything you read. you wont get buff in 4 weeks if you take some awesome pills...

I'm like 6'1 and has only 58 kg weight. Lol . I really want to put some fat on meself. Any suggestions would be really appreciated , thanks and I'm too lazy to lift ^__^

Fix your eating habits. Be sure to have atleast 3 proper meals a day (with nutritional value, not just empty calories). With workout start slow if you haven't done it before. No point wasting money on gym just yet. Try pull ups, push ups, invest in dumbells and get basic knowledge of your goals, abilities and gym (routines, muscle groups, machines vs. free weights etc). The part where you say "I'm too lazy to lift" is where your problem lies, we all started one day but we didn't quit. Nothing is going to change unless YOU make the change. Skipping workouts, meals or training on auto pilot won't get you any results, just waste of money. So start with your attitude and eating habits, start with body weight+dumbell exercises to get your body into a gym condition. Swimming is great aswell. When I wake up I always do 60 straight pushups with good form and up to 20 pull ups.. that's my morning coffee - start with stuff like that and with reps you feel comfortable with. But in your case it's the food, all it is. I'm 6'3 and when I started I was 72 kgs, now I'm 97kgs and my abs, V-line are still well defined. So eat smart and work out smart. One thing I'll say is that if you're not bothered then don't waste money nor your time. It comes down to how much you want it rather than all the excuses of genetics, time, money, "injuries" and all that. Yes or No, simple as that. COMMIT to the cause.

you really need a routine. at the start its more about getting used to it. you'll naturally understand the mechanics of an ache and when you should and shouldnt be working out. anything you do do, just make sure you are doign it right.

even if you start with just some push ups, sit ups and pull ups. if you do join a gym then you will be more likely to become dedicated, but theres no reasons why you cant exercise at home. if you start jogging etc its all good.

The internet is full of wonderful hints and tips. just dont believe everything you read. you wont get buff in 4 weeks if you take some awesome pills...

Exactly and even anabolic steroids will require you to work as hard in the gym with consistancy. Like @dumps said, there is no magic cure for putting on muscle/loosing fat, only hard work and determination will take you far in life.

You're 5ft7 and weigh like 70 kgs and you press that? Thats very decent mate, whats your max 1x rep? I used ropes as handles for tricep pull downs, it felt way harder and more isolated than with iron handle. I guess it's because you need to stabilize it more and hold a firmer grip around the rope.

when i do my pull downs i use a like a flat bar most of the time. if i use a rope i have to drop the weight. I weigh 64kgs, and i bench on a smith machine, so dont get too excited!

I think when you use the rope handles youre hands are more narrow, so youre arm isnt relly straight which is why it might be harder. when i use a flat bar everythign is inline, i personally feel it works my tris way better. the ropes make you use your fore arms a lot more, and you arent in line so youre triceps arent utilised properly - so i think its harder becuase you are using less of your tricep.

when i do my pull downs i use a like a flat bar most of the time. if i use a rope i have to drop the weight. I weigh 64kgs, and i bench on a smith machine, so dont get too excited!

I think when you use the rope handles youre hands are more narrow, so youre arm isnt relly straight which is why it might be harder. when i use a flat bar everythign is inline, i personally feel it works my tris way better. the ropes make you use your fore arms a lot more, and you arent in line so youre triceps arent utilised properly - so i think its harder becuase you are using less of your tricep.

Ok mate, one second I thought the next time I will hear about you is from news. ''Bench press prodigy unveiled in UK'' :D I will try your theory out next week, cheers.

@Dumps

Really appreciate that mate , I'd start workin on it pretty soon (:

@ MetsajCFC

Omg mate , you really sounds like an Army Sergeant . I'm really a lazy ass lol but I was like playing football the other day and got tired pretty early . I really need to do something for meself or I'll get wasted pretty soon . And that was really inspirational mate , I think i'd just commit for my own survival haha ^__^.

Thank y'all for your help , really appreciate it (: .

Ok mate, one second I thought the next time I will hear about you is from news. ''Bench press prodigy unveiled in UK'' :D I will try your theory out next week, cheers.

HAHA i wish. I have been lifting for a couple of years. all beit not a main focus on improving weight, but ive a good technique, but now i am trying to gain a few kilos. only on day 2 though at the moment. Ill show you my 2 week plan at the moment:

Friday: Back + Biceps + Abs

Saturday (TODAY!): Chest + Shoulders + Triceps

Sunday: Football/rest

Monday: Legs

Tuesday: back, biceps and abs

Wednesday: chest shoulders and triceps

Thursday: Football / rest

you've already seen my chest/shoulder/tri routine.

my back/bis/abs routine (i did it yesterday) was:

warm up on rowing machine

seated lat pull down 1x8 narrow grip 77kg 2x8 wide grip 70kg

3x10 50kg... not sure what its called, its a machine you sit on it, you reach out infront grab the bars, and you pull it back, like a reverse pec fly. so your arms stay straight....

2x10 30kg dumbell bent over row

3x10 25kgs shrugs

2x10 15kg hammer curls 1x10 eccentric biceps.

abs: ive described my routine a while ago. but im destroyed today from it! think i did added weight straight sit ups. the n8 left curl 8 right curl and 8 straight curl weighted sit ups. then 5 bouncing sit ups. then 5 where im at abotu 45 degrees, then a throw a medicine behind my head and try nad resist the pull. then i did 10 controlled pikes.

Football on a sunday is an hour (someitmes a bit more) of 5 - a side. Football on thursday is a 40 minute 6 a side match. then normally hang aorund for another hour for a casual kick around.

My leg workout at the moment is not what a wnat it as, but i usally do my legs after a football session so im not able to do things like a specific hamstring thing as im usually spent. at the moment i do:

Quad kicks: 3x10 90-100kg

hip adductors 3 x 10 110kg (MAXED OUT! resistance machine with about 4 turns in it... piss easy)

3x10 drop squat jump with 15kg dumbell in each hand.

I plan on doing that routine for about 2 weeks before i mix it up and add some more weights as well as adding a few sessions in so im working ou twice a day as well as adding a few fat burn sessions in. after 2 weeks ill be looking to add in some dead lifts to help with my back and hamstrings.

any tips or advice would be appreciated as i havent gone to add muscle for a while.

I might add, the days ill be working out twice a day will either be something like a morning session of a big weights work out. then in the evening itl be a fat burn thing/badminton with the missus or another weight session on a smaller muscle group such as the fore arms or jsut a straight out lower back and ab workout. it wont be anything hardcore.

Ordered new supplements. Only use creatine and whey protein. I'll link addresses just in case someone is interested (it's in Estonian anyway but aminoacids and all that can still be understood)

http://fitshop.fitness.ee/kreatiinid/0/readmore/41/Creatine

http://www.sportshop.ee/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=111&category_id=6&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

First time I order protein there. Usually the place where I used to order offered tastes too but they all in reality tasted like flour, don't mind that either. Took banana this time :D Bet it's just flour flavour again haha