The Month Of Reckoning

Jose used to make subs that can change a game..so does Grant..for the worse...

Doesnt help one point at 3-3 he was stood looking slightly 'eh' how the hell is that gana help?!You dont want to look at your manager and see him looking clueless.

We've gone backwards!!

And wow it only repeated it twice that time lol

Edited by Laylabelle

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was 3-3, Mourinho would probably have played just Terry, Alex and Ricardo at the back, pushed the full-backs up the pitch to act as wing-backs and bring on Shevchenko. What does Grant do? Employ the magic 5-4-1. Great tactics.

• 1 month later...
Nice predictions there. At the risk of sounding like Cystic Smeg I have a gut feeling of a Chelsea Barca final.

I think you could be right, to be honest i would prefer that to having to play Man you again. Just wouldn't feel right playing an English team in the CL final for some reason.

I think you could be right, to be honest i would prefer that to having to play Man you again. Just wouldn't feel right playing an English team in the CL final for some reason.

agreed, wouldn't seem like a Euro Final.

I have a feeling we'll do them over 2 legs. Drogba and Anelka as a 2 pronged attack, Terry and Carvalho seem inpenetrable at the moment, and the fact the 2nd legs in our favour -with Essien gunning for them. The times we've been knocked out before have just been just bad luck.

Still I suppose there will be a special dispensation appeal for Liverpool that allows thme not to lose

agreed, wouldn't seem like a Euro Final.

I have a feeling we'll do them over 2 legs. Drogba and Anelka as a 2 pronged attack, Terry and Carvalho seem inpenetrable at the moment, and the fact the 2nd legs in our favour -with Essien gunning for them. The times we've been knocked out before have just been just bad luck.

Still I suppose there will be a special dispensation appeal for Liverpool that allows thme not to lose

There is no way on earth that Drogba and Anelka will be starting in a 2 up attack! It will be Drogs with Kalou and Joe. Maka, Ballack and Lamps! The team picks itself at the moment, and if grant doesn't have the balls to try a 4-4-2 in league games he will never do it for the CL final.

Would be great to pull a top performance out the hat and stuff them like we did a few years back 4 - 1 and have it virtually over when they come to us.

There is no way on earth that Drogba and Anelka will be starting in a 2 up attack! It will be Drogs with Kalou and Joe. Maka, Ballack and Lamps! The team picks itself at the moment, and if grant doesn't have the balls to try a 4-4-2 in league games he will never do it for the CL final.

He had the balls to try Anelka on the wing in the League Cup Final.

He had the balls to try Anelka on the wing in the League Cup Final.

Yeah but we are talking about as a front 2, which would suit both Didier and Anelka. Anelka on the wing hasn't worked ou either. Would be nice to see us try it, would work well i think:

...................................Cech....................................

Ferreira.............Carvalho.........Terry...................A.Cole

J.Cole................Makelele.......Lampard..................Kalou

..........................Drogba......Anelka............................

Didnt mean the final -tomorrow in dipperland, would like to go at them initially with Drogba and Anelka as a two pronged attack. No point in sitting back for the draw

Completely agree, Liverpool have struggled against teams who take it to them. We have to control the pace of the game and to get the most from an attacking sense i would also like to see us go with Drogs and Anelka upfront - won't happen though.