3. Robert Lewandowski

4. Xavi

5. David Silva

6. Olivier Giroud

7. Andrea Barzagli

8. Lionel Messi

9. Eden Hazard

10. Andrea Pirlo

There are probably 4-5 players who have to be on every list another 15 that are possibilities. It also depends on what player of the year means. Drogba really didn't have a very good year overall, but was massive in a few big games. Pirlo was a fantastic player all season, but Juventus didn't play in Europe at all. Personally, I tend to go for overall performance. Ronaldo, Messi, Pirlo, Aguero, Van Persie, Iniesta, Pirlo, Kagawa, Mata, Xavi. (So many other players are at the same sort of level-Ozil, Kompany, Lewandowski, Silva,, Ya Ya Toure, etc...it makes it so difficult to make a list you're happy with...)

As for chelsea

1-Mata

2-Cole

3-Cech

4-Lampard

5-Drogba

6-Terry

7-Sturridge

8-Ramires

9-Ivanovic

10- Mikel

No defenders or Goal Keepers, eh?

Chelsea

1. Ashley Cole

2. Petr Cech

3.Didier Drogba

4. Juan Mata

5. John Terry

6. Frank Lampard

7. Branislav Ivanovic

8. David Luiz

9. Gary Cahill

10. Jon Obi Mikel

Rest of the World

1. Cristiano Ronaldo

2. Sergio Aguero

3. Robert Lewandowski

4. Xavi

5. David Silva

6. Olivier Giroud

7. Andrea Barzagli

8. Lionel Messi

9. Eden Hazard

10. Andrea Pirlo

Messi eight? Thats abit harsh for a man whose scored 72 goals dont you think?

Messi eight? Thats abit harsh for a man whose scored 72 goals dont you think?

What does he have to show for it? The Copa del Rey. I'm more harsh on Messi because I expect more from him, what is the good of scoring 72 goals if all you win is the Copa del Rey? I'd rather have someone like Drogba who will score 15-20 important game and trophy winning goals.

Lionel Messi for me is the best player in the world, but he was not the more important last season.

What does he have to show for it? The Copa del Rey. I'm more harsh on Messi because I expect more from him, what is the good of scoring 72 goals if all you win is the Copa del Rey? I'd rather have someone like Drogba who will score 15-20 important game and trophy winning goals.

Lionel Messi for me is the best player in the world, but he was not the more important last season.

As a player and a striker, there really isnt alot more that he can do.. its not his fault that the rest of the team werent up to scratch. Plus he was really inspirational for Argentina in the qualifiers and frendlies where he scored 10 goals in 5 games

As a player and a striker, there really isnt alot more that he can do.. its not his fault that the rest of the team werent up to scratch. Plus he was really inspirational for Argentina in the qualifiers and frendlies where he scored 10 goals in 5 games

For the often touted best team in the world I find it odd that someone says the aren't up to scratch. I didn't choose the best players in the world, I choose the more important players in my eyes.

For the often touted best team in the world I find it odd that someone says the aren't up to scratch. I didn't choose the best players in the world, I choose the more important players in my eyes.

To be honest this season they werent tooo inconsistent. They were struggling against teams that they usually ease passed. And most of the time Messi bailed them out.