Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Heard he can play on the RW as well but not so effective there.

It's like playing Robben at LW, you take away his best trick which is cutting in and having a shot at goal.

Hazard plays RW almost every game, and there have been times he's started from there - doesn't change anything, he can still beat his man and create space for others.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard plays RW almost every game, and there have been times he's started from there - doesn't change anything, he can still beat his man and create space for others.

But he is not as comfortable nor as effective as on the left and you simply dont prioritize fucking Schurrle over Hazard!

This deal is so wrong in so many ways: overpriced, KDB, not a real RW, probably not what Mourinho wants...

But he is not as comfortable nor as effective as on the left and you simply dont prioritize fucking Schurrle over Hazard!

This deal is so wrong in so many ways: overpriced, KDB, not a real RW, probably not what Mourinho wants...

Is there any real RW available, that we have been linked to? with the exception of Di Maria who i don't believe Madrid will sell then i can't think of any.

And Hazard is a very good player, he can play well on the right, and has an unbelievably strong weaker left foot. It's not prioritizing if Schurrle-Mata-Hazard is better than any other combination we have.

Is there any real RW available, that we have been linked to? with the exception of Di Maria who i don't believe Madrid will sell then i can't think of any.

And Hazard is a very good player, he can play well on the right, and has an unbelievably strong weaker left foot. It's not prioritizing if Schurrle-Mata-Hazard is better than any other combination we have.

Exactly. Its about the best combo for the team... And the way our front 3 work i don't think it would be a problem.

Di Maria and Sanchez are very realistic options...

Barcelona clearly wants Neymar by the summer and this leaves no space for Villa and Sanchez. While Real will have a major revamp and, according to Marca, Kaka/Di Maria/Higuain/Pepe top the list of players they want to sell.

Exactly. Its about the best combo for the team... And the way our front 3 work i don't think it would be a problem.

No, you simply dont move your best players from position with the excuse it is the best for the team. You do the other way around, you build the team according to them!

This is one of the first rules of football tactics, the super stars have the priority to dictate how you will build the squad...Schurrle must adpat to RW and not Hazard!

No, you simply dont move your best players from position with the excuse it is the best for the team. You do the other way around, you build the team according to them!

This is one of the first rules of football tactics, the super stars have the priority to dictate how you will build the squad...Schurrle must adpat to RW and not Hazard!

We don't even have a high quality Right winger, and Hazard gets switched to the right hand side several times a game. They all move over the palce and never stay constant. We are not moving him from Left wing to the left back. Just doing the same thing we are doing with Hazard and Moses right now.

We don't even have a high quality Right winger, and Hazard gets switched to the right hand side several times a game. They all move over the palce and never stay constant. We are not moving him from Left wing to the left back. Just doing the same thing we are doing with Hazard and Moses right now.

One thing is to sometimes move around the pitch (Ribbery does it, Ronaldo does it, Neymar does it, etc), but is one completely different to have a new main position. Search Hazard's best plays or goals in Youtube and see how many come from the right...

If Schurrle comes, it needs to be for the RW, not to mess with Hazard.

Di Maria and Sanchez are very realistic options...

Barcelona clearly wants Neymar by the summer and this leaves no space for Villa and Sanchez. While Real will have a major revamp and, according to Marca, Kaka/Di Maria/Higuain/Pepe top the list of players they want to sell.

Di Maria is a good player, if we can get him, then i'd obviously prefer him to Schurrle. But i've already expressed my concerns about Sanchez on his thread, in short, he doesn't exactly add a new dimension to our game: He dribbles a lot and is not a good finsiher, that's about it. Di Maria on the other hand has amazing assist numbers and Schurrle has one of the best long range shots you can find anywhere.

One thing is to sometimes move around the pitch (Ribbery does it, Ronaldo does it, Neymar does it, etc), but is one completely different to have a new main position. Search Hazard's best plays or goals in Youtube and see how many come from the right...

If Schurrle comes, it needs to be for the RW, not to mess with Hazard.

He seemed to come off that right pretty well, do 2 players then put it in the bottom corner pretty well. And he scored that long ranger coming off the righ on his left foot.

The same applies to Schurrle. Just because he hasn't had to play right wing a lot at Bayer it doesn't mean he can't. He too would have to adjust to playing on the right hand side as they would mix and match. We wouldn't do anything to the detrement to Hazard. And i don't see how him playing half the game on the right would make any problems for us. If he isn't being effective they would switch round.

On the Di Maria / Sanchez thing...

If we could get Di Maria, then by all means, i would rather have him. But not too sure on Sanchez...

But its definitely not as easy that, and besides them two, who else is there.

Di Maria is a good player, if we can get him, then i'd obviously prefer him to Schurrle. But i've already expressed my concerns about Sanchez on his thread, in short, he doesn't exactly add a new dimension to our game: He dribbles a lot and is not a good finsiher, that's about it. Di Maria on the other hand has amazing assist numbers and Schurrle has one of the best long range shots you can find anywhere.

My problem is not exactly Schurrle, it is all that surrounds his transfer. It is way overpriced, it involves KDB, not a move by the new manager (whoever he will be), is not a RW, etc...

Di Maria is by far the best option and by far the most difficult to get. In respect to Sanchez, I think Peace. made two amazing posts on why he would be great here.

Di Maria > Sanchez > Schurrle!

Time will tell. Just as long as it doesn't involve losing KDB.

My problem is not exactly Schurrle, it is all that surrounds his transfer. It is way overpriced, it involves KDB, not a move by the new manager (whoever he will be), is not a RW, etc...

Di Maria is by far the best option and by far the most difficult to get. In respect to Sanchez, I think Peace. made two amazing posts on why he would be great here.

Di Maria > Sanchez > Schurrle!

Peace is a good poster, but he's no god that can tell how a flop will suddenly become a star in an even tougher league lol. It just isn't smart business and all about ifs, it will make sense for a lesser club to take him and if he does well then probably. Don't forget not only has he not been performing for Barcelona, but same applies on the International level too.

Also remember the last 2 gambles we made with players not doing well at their clubs - Marin and Torres - didn't exactly turn out well to say the least lol.

Sooo, Di Maria > Schurrle >>> Sanchez :)

Peace is a good poster, but he's no god that can tell how a flop will suddenly become a star in an even tougher league lol. It just isn't smart business and all about ifs, it will make sense for a lesser club to take him and if he does well then probably. Don't forget not only has he not been performing for Barcelona, but same applies on the International level too.

Also remember the last 2 gambles we made with players not doing well at their clubs - Marin and Torres - didn't exactly turn out well to say the least lol.

Sooo, Di Maria > Schurrle >>> Sanchez :)

LOL, he is not God, but he gave enough facts and arguments to sustain his thesis more than the members who were against it. Every transfer is a doubt, but there are ways to choose smart guesses...

Schurrle is more of a gamble than Shancez, so I dont see your point!

It's like playing Robben at LW, you take away his best trick which is cutting in and having a shot at goal.

Hazard playing on the RW doesn't change a thing? Have you actually seen how ineffective he is on the right? When Hazard has played there, he has never really posed any threat to the opposition and it's a different thing altogether playing there temporarily in games and playing as his main position. The best position for him is the LW because that is where he's most comfortable at and strongest in causing damage to the opponent. With the talent and ability he's got, we should be playing him in his best position where we can get the best out of him, not play square pegs in round hole and only get half of the player he is.

What makes you think he's going to be a starter?

Did you notice the 'if' in the sentence there??