Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Well boys. More & more I read about Andre coming to Chelsea for 20m.

The way I see it. Go for it. The kid is young & for 20m he can operate as a wide player or striker. Just what is needed to compliment the 3 amigos, I feel.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sturridge wanted to play as a striker. That's the difference.

He mentioned that a couple times but what he really want is to play, he was a regular in the beginning last season but after RDM took over he was demoted to play behind kalou and ramires

If this guy is similar to Sturridge like people are saying, then this makes no sense to me.

This guy has one of the sickest long shots in football.

Have you just seen the ones that have gone in or...??

Sorry if I'm so damn skeptical, but the last german we bought didn't exactly work out. And I don't know who he'll displace out of the 3 amigos. Are we seriously playing 22m for a squad player? When we could have easily kept Danny or just recall de Bruyne? We don't even have a fucking manager for next season!

The more I think about it, the less sense it makes...

Anyway, here's a story from ESPN and it mentions de Bruyne and his agent:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/202840.html

Bayer Leverkusen's Andre Schurrle has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, with the Blues ready to spend €22 million to bring the attacking midfielder to Stamford Bridge, Die Welt has reported.

The paper said Schurrle, 22, could sign a contract until 2018. Leverkusen officials will travel to London on Friday to negotiate the details of a deal which, with the player's wages included, could be worth around €50 million.

Chelsea had made an offer for Schurrle before the start of the season - something the Germany international described as "an honour" - but it was rejected by Leverkusen.

Now, however, they could be ready to sell. General manager Rudi Voller, speaking earlier this month, said: "That we should consider the offer is all part of business. It is all in our hands."

Leverkusen are likely to attempt to replace Schurrle with 21-year-old Chelsea midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, who has impressed several Bundesliga clubs while on loan at Werder Bremen this season.

"Bayer Leverkusen is a very good option," De Bruyne's agent, Patrick de Koster, told Die Welt. "They will play in the Champions League next season, and Kevin could take Andre Schurrle's role.

"Kevin wants to further his career, and Leverkusen could be the right destination."

But Leverkusen face a difficult task to persuade Chelsea to sell the Belgium international, with the Londoners reportedly only interested in sending him out on loan again.

"They are eying another loan," De Koster said. "Beside Leverkusen, Dortmund and Schalke are among the clubs interested."

Earlier this week, Rheinische Post reported that Dortmund were ready to offer €17 million for De Bruyne.

If this guy is similar to Sturridge like people are saying, then this makes no sense to me.

Have you just seen the ones that have gone in or...??

Sorry if I'm so damn skeptical, but the last german we bought didn't exactly work out. And I don't know who he'll displace out of the 3 amigos. Are we seriously playing 22m for a squad player? When we could have easily kept Danny or just recall de Bruyne? We don't even have a fucking manager for next season!

The more I think about it, the less sense it makes...

That's the same thing i'm trying to figure out....why pay 22 million for a squad player...when you have a CAPABLE & VERSATILE young midfielder ready to play for Chelsea?

The whole Schurrle deal makes no sense....I thought a certain Dortmund striker was available for a similar price...why don't we just sign him instead?

That's the same thing i'm trying to figure out....why pay 22 million for a squad player...when you have a CAPABLE & VERSATILE young midfielder ready to play for Chelsea?

The whole Schurrle deal makes no sense....I thought a certain Dortmund striker was available for a similar price...why don't we just sign him instead?

Exactly.

People are getting all gooey eyed over Schurrle, but all I see is ANOTHER attacking-midfielder. What are we doing? Stockpiling them?

If de Bruyne is only going on loan, what the fuck happens to him when he gets back? Nobody say he's going as a DM, yes, he has a wicked long pass, but his defensive abilities are no better than Lampard's. You also won't see any of those brilliant crosses of his if he's a DM. All I see in Schurrle is a threat to KDB's career here, if he's going on loan or not.

It also worries me that we're continually being linked with attacking players only. I know most clubs are, but not even a whiff of being linked with a DM in a while. Whoever is in charge of our signings seems to think they're playing fucking football manager: sign all the attacking players for more goals!

And who is in charge of signings? Because we don't even have a manager yet...we have all these AMs and CMs, while we're playing a formation where DMs are vital; CMs we're trying to shoe-horn into DM positions. I know, how about we just actually buy a DM/DLP instead?!?!

He's another thought, if we want a squad player who can play both on the wings and as a striker, why not Piazon? He's showed he can play at a high level.

He didn't show anything special and in PL he will be eaten by monster Yaya.

He's another thought, if we want a squad player who can play both on the wings and as a striker, why not Piazon? He's showed he can play at a high level.

I really want piazon to succeed along with all our young talent, but i am not convinced he can yet play at a high level. I wouldn't really call signing schurrle a "squad player".

He didn't show anything special and in PL he will be eaten by monster Yaya.

He's done the basics right, which is all you want from your youngsters. His defensive work is top-notch and his work-rate is admirable. Let's not forget he's 18! I would have more doubts about a young player who shows skills and flair like Kakuta than a young player who just does the basics right and keeps it simple like Bertrand.

Anyway, I don't think Shurrle will do much better in the PL, tbh.

I really want piazon to succeed along with all our young talent, but i am not convinced he can yet play at a high level. I wouldn't really call signing schurrle a "squad player".

What would you call him then? He's no where near Mata and Hazard, atm. Like I've said in this thread, he's really just a German Sturridge.

What would you call him then? He's no where near Mata and Hazard, atm. Like I've said in this thread, he's really just a German Sturridge.

He is very different to Sturridge. The only thing they have in common is they take a lot of pot shots by cutting inside. Other than that they are completely different players.

I think Schurrle is a great player. We lack depth and i don't think he will be a squad player.

Hazard Mata Schurrle

Would be some Lineup.

Schurrle is not very useful on the right and it would be downright stupid to move hazard from his best position(left wing) to accomodate schurrle.

A player... He's no where near mata and hazard atm... But who is? You will not buy anyone at 22 who is at mata or hazards level for 20 mil. He would be a useful addition. And all this talk about Hazard being much worse on the right... I am not seeing that. He has proven countless times his proficiency with his left foot, and done just as well on the right as the left. Also our wide men switch round all the time, and are very freeflowing. Its not like we are having to move Hazard to cm to accomadate him. And i'm not really getting the sturridge link. Maybe in shooting terms, but other than that, i think he would add a bit more height and strength to a front 3 and can play an inside forward type role if needed.

From what i have seen off him i have been fairly impressed, and at 22 he still has improving to do.