David Luiz

the wes

3 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

keep telling yourself that then, to each his own

It's a notion to excuse the poor jobs they both did those years, furthermore wouldn't having a bunch of players who submit to managers no matter what be the total opposite of the type we want/need? As Roy Keane said you don't win titles with choirboys, yes even United under Fergie had players that would speak up.

Im usually one of the more negative posters when it comes to some of our players however I think we are going over the top with Luiz. Yes he did cost us a goal yesterday but his overall game was good and he took good care of Rondon who always gives us problems. When was the last time Luiz really had a howler? People always like to find a scape goat and Luiz has always been an easy target. 

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

Jose and Conte's downfall had nothing to do with player power, the only one that did was AVB and i can't speak for you but im glad the "cunts" won that particular battle.

Fully agree. Both architects of their own demise. Mourinho just turns toxic in his third year at a club. Happened at Madrid, with us the second time. Same thing happening now at United. 

Conte clearly fell out with the board and it effected his attitude. Last 6 months he was phoning it in and just going through the motions. 

Just now, Belgiannutt said:

Conte clearly fell out with the board and it effected his attitude. Last 6 months he was phoning it in and just going through the motions. 

He certainly also burned his bridges with the players. Had he stayed, half of the squad would have left!

12 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

Im usually one of the more negative posters when it comes to some of our players however I think we are going over the top with Luiz. Yes he did cost us a goal yesterday but his overall game was good and he took good care of Rondon who always gives us problems. When was the last time Luiz really had a howler? People always like to find a scape goat and Luiz has always been an easy target. 

But for a defender to lose his basic requirements of where he is and his mark isn't really a good thing. That 1 goal can lose a game.

I love 90% of him but that 10% is a big problem.

20 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

Well when hes caught out ball watching for a goal its no surprise he gets blamed. It was his fault, he was stationary. It was perhaps a near impossible header to score true but any defender worth their money there isn't caught out ball watching. I wouldn't say his performance was a howler, the Arsenal game he was poorer but again, it just shows that teams could need one chance to score the one goal against us. Luiz's concentration is a massive issue and it has been for years, at Benfica, here, PSG and here again as well as with Brazil. Hardly making him a scapegoat, we conceded a goal because he was ball watching and didn't get close to Joselu.... its fair to make the assumption that if another CB had been playing perhaps they don't score there because Luiz is notorious for lapses in concentration. 

8 hours ago, the wes said:

Graeme Souness believes David Luiz can’t be trusted at the heart of the Chelsea FC defence.

https://www.thesportreview.com/2018/08/chelsea-fc-latest-news-david-luiz-admission/

“Yeah I would (be nervous), in a nutshell. I think he’s got that in his locker, he wants to show how clever he is at times.

“I think if you get it wrong as a centre-half, it generally leads to shots at your goal.

19 hours ago, blues.bridge said:

what do you think about put David Luiz as a Right-back?

If our board had an ounce of sense, they would have quickly realised that that they were once again getting the old Italian assfuck from Juve on Rugani and Caldara, and sold Luiz to PSG (they made multiple enquiries) and bought BOTH Thilo Kehrer, who only turns 22 on September 21, 2018 (and who PSG fucking then snapped up, after being rebuffed by us on shit Luiz) for only £33m and also Benjamin Pavard from Stuttgart, who can obviously play RB as well (see WC glory for France) and is also only 22 and great on the ball and distribution (plus shooting, as he had goal of WC).

We would have had 2 wonderful, young (but experienced at the highest levels) ball-playing 22 CB's to pair with OUR 22yo ball playing CB, AC, and Rudiger and then Ampadu.

Luiz and Cahill should have been binned. They have large, large salaries are are huge defensive liabilities.

OUR BOARD IS SHIT and Luiz is going to cost us big time, mark my words, plus he will soon have shit for resale value as he turns 32 this spring. I would rather have Willian for 2 more years than Luiz for 2 more months.

My summer dream gone bust:

9278aad4dd6e062af69c78a973081c8d.png

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

OUR BOARD IS SHIT and Luiz is going to cost us big time, mark my words, plus he will soon have shit for resale value as he turns 32 this spring. I would rather have Willian for 2 more years than Luiz for 2 more months.

My summer dream gone bust:

And I'm sorry to say it mate but I see us giving them both new contracts!

You will just have to make a Winters dream

Just now, Unionjack said:

Lost mine years ago. Its quite good fun!

But I do think we will cause its clear that Sarri likes him

He is 33 next season, that's not the stuff of champions, he isn't bloody Ronaldo, ffs, and his passing is vastly overrated. Even in 2016-17, we won despite him, certainly not because of him.I have never rated him, no clue why Sarri does. He all have players we cant stand, well Luiz is mine. My issue wilt Willian was simply the extraordinary price barca and Manure were willing to pay for a 30 year old RW. If he was 25ish, I would have far less issues with him having a go here, BUT we all know how it goes now here, they wont spend unless they sell, and in Willian's case, thinking we will get anywhere near £65m again is a crack pipe dream.

Not selling Luiz and NOT buying Thilo Kehrer and Benjamin Pavard (whilst dicking around with the impossible to deal with italian cunts) was even worse. PSG is now set for years at CB, and I lay wager Pavard will get snapped up by Bayern in January or Summer 2019.

We will not spend the £70m or so that Ajax will demand for Matthijs de Ligt, 

Kalidou Koulibaly will, next summer, only have 2 more years until he turns 30, and zero chance we dump £90m on him.

José Giménez will not be sold by AM, even if they did, he is £80m plus or so

Marquinhos will cost £80m plus, so I doubt we drop that sort of quid, 

Alessio Romagnoli will not be sold by AC Milan, now that they have billions backing them via that ruthless right wing USA hedge fund,

Stefan Savic and Kostas Manolas are not really Sarriball CB's i do not think (Manure sure could use them though, lolol LOLOLOLOL)

Dayot Upamecano is having a 100m euro release clause slapped on him by RB Leipzig

Milan Skriniar will not be sold by Inter, I just cant see it happening, they have huge ambitions

Manuel Akanji from Dortmund looks to be not progressing so much as he should, and even if he turns it around, his price was being quoted by Bild as around 60m euros

That leaves only speculative options

the two giants, Jonathan Tah (22) and Nikola Milenkovic (20), both 1.95m, but not sure if they are up to EPL and Sarriball pace, they do intrigue me

Rúben Dias, 21yo from Benfica

Malang Sarr, 19yo from Nice

Panagiotis Retsos 20yo from Bayer Leverkusen

It's basically Pavard and maybe one of those last 5, or dump out £80m plus, which we all know isn't going to happen, and THAT even assumes that AM, PSG, Napolii!! (LOLOL) would even sell to us, which they wont, not those 3 players (De laurentiis will wait 3 more years, when Koulibaly is 30, then offer him to us at a £20m discount of £70m!, book it)

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

t's basically Pavard and maybe one of those last 5, or dump out £80m plus, which we all know isn't going to happen, and THAT even assumes that AM, PSG, Napolii!! (LOLOL) would even sell to us, which they wont, not those 3 players (De laurentiis will wait 3 more years, when Koulibaly is 30, then offer him to us at a £20m discount of £70m!, book it)

Or we start giving AC and Ampadu a bit of trust ready to take Luiz's spot

I am all in on them, I just think we need 3 or 4 rock solid CB's plus Amapadu.

AC

Rudiger

Is 2

So 1 or 2 left to buy

Pavard can play RB too, so even more reason to grab him, as Zappacosta is not a happy camper and will demand a transfer of be doesnt get significant playing time this year.