Spike

34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

What is interesting about that article is that Biden kept trump tariff. If that one was so bad why didn't Biden took it down? 

But other than that I get the point the article is bringing. Just found that little part interesting. 

Biden kept some narrow, very specific, targeted tarrifs that were left over from Trump. I have no issue with certian targeted, reasonable tariffs.

Trump wants to implement across the board wide-ranging (and very high) ones. That would have a disastrous effect on prices and the economy there (plus impact other friendly nations who import to the US), and likely kick off serious trade wars.

The odds are now Trump = 1.53, Harris = 2.50.
It's hard lines for Harris.
The consensus of opinion is whoever wins Pennsylvania wins, but in Pennsylvania Trump is marginally ahead.
I don't know what she might have done better.
For me taxes. The dems ought to be lowering taxes by as much as they can not putting them up.
Because even the taxes on the rich are eventually hurting the poor people.
The money of the rich do not trickle down by as much as the Reaganomics theory suggests but taxes do trickle down:
Tax goes up by 3% - prices go up by 3% the next day.
It depends of course on what it is they sell and how essential it is but overall it is automatic - the extra cost goes to the consumer, it's a law of commerce.
Even nationalized companies do the same. The government finds it necessary to milk them some more, they raise their prices.
To have the pie and the dog one must fix prices as well - but this is more difficult, maybe unconstitutional as well.