Spike

Hmm, you can argue that politics have indeed been separated from the premiere league for example.

Sure just as its hard to see much politics in the PGA Masters or Roland Garros, but Sport as an entity is inextricably linked to politics be it to advertise your ideology (1917-1989), your national identity, ethnicity or regional rivalry. The intrinsic competitive component will always be used for political purpose.

Sure just as its hard to see much politics in the PGA Masters or Roland Garros, but Sport as an entity is inextricably linked to politics be it to advertise your ideology (1917-1989), your national identity, ethnicity or regional rivalry. The intrinsic competitive component will always be used for political purpose.

That's very true and I know that all too well from here in Lebanon (I was once paid to attend a basketball match and cheer for a team because the opponent was backed a political rival of theirs!) but I just think that in the cases of the more popular leagues, especially in modern football, once all the money and capitals come into teams they are bound to get globalized because it makes no business sense to limit the product to single demographic group when you can target and sell to all. It's basic capitalism.

There's a Lebanese song by a popular communist artist that translates to: "You should learn secularism from merchant/capitalist. He'll rip you off regardless of your religion!"

That's very true and I know that all too well from here in Lebanon (I was once paid to attend a basketball match and cheer for a team because the opponent was backed a political rival of theirs!) but I just think that in the cases of the more popular leagues, especially in modern football, once all the money and capitals come into teams they are bound to get globalized because it makes no business sense to limit the product to single demographic group when you can target and sell to all. It's basic capitalism.

There's a Lebanese song by a popular communist artist that translates to: "You should learn secularism from merchant/capitalist. He'll rip you off regardless of your religion!"

How true. Hinduism, Chelsea. Judaism, Man Utd, Sikhism, Barcelona -all under the umbrella of the almighty God -Profit.. At least Islam purports to, and gives lip service to shunnnig 'interest' on capital payments, but we know the reality is something different

So the every fact you were paid is political. I wont ask you whether you actually agreed with the political rival :D

BTW Whats happened to Seif ?? Another top poster gone AWOL

How true. Hinduism, Chelsea. Judaism, Man Utd, Sikhism, Barcelona -all under the umbrella of the almighty God -Profit.. At least Islam purports to, and gives lip service to shunnnig 'interest' on capital payments, but we know the reality is something different

So the every fact you were paid is political. I wont ask you whether you actually agreed with the political rival :D

BTW Whats happened to Seif ?? Another top poster gone AWOL

Hey, I don't agree with any political party in Lebanon! I'm a political hipster, I oppose them all :P

Nah, it was assumed that I am in political agreement with the club that was paying the fans because my family name implies that I belong to a certain religious sect. It's more fucked up than you can imagine, but I got to watch a good game of basketball and got a free drink on top of it :D

Dunno about Seif, I think he still lurks around but probably busy or something.

Flag of Greater Albania is like the flag of Nazi Germany. Imagine one over Wembley or Stade de France!

http://www.telegraf.rs/sport/1266506-flag-of-greater-albania-is-like-the-flag-of-nazi-germany-imagine-one-over-wembley-or-stade-de-france

Ubij, Ubij, Ubij Shiptare. This is what you guys were chanting for 40 minutes. Kill , kill, kill the Albanians. If you compare that flag to something like Nazi Germany then i compare your chants to a crowd chanting 'NI****S , NI****S' in a NBA game.

That's bollocks mate. It's nothing to do with power. Azerbaijan and Armenia don't have any power either but they couldn't be drawn together. UEFA (rightly or wrongly) obviously just didn't expect such a stunt to be pulled. Hopefully the prevention of these teams playing each other will be implemented in future to stop this ridiculous spreading of politics into football.

How can they not expect this? 1+1=2 , That was so obvious.

How can they not expect this? 1+1=2 , That was so obvious.

I said rightly or wrongly. No idea if it was to be expected as I must admit I wasn't informed enough about the subject. I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA had fucked up again, they're hardly the most competent organisation in the world. But hopefully the 2 teams deliberately won't be drawn together in future so this won't happen again.

I said rightly or wrongly. No idea if it was to be expected as I must admit I wasn't informed enough about the subject. I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA had fucked up again, they're hardly the most competent organisation in the world. But hopefully the 2 teams deliberately won't be drawn together in future so this won't happen again.

You're right here, UEFA is not the most competent organisation. The only circumstance these two teams can ever play is if they play without any audience in a neutral ground(something like Sweden or in Asia).

After a few lagers, decided all religions are basically death cults, killing logic and reason and elevating superstition and wilful ignorance. Its fashionable for Western liberals to accept mainstream Islam, whatever that is. ISIS crucifies christians and slaughters shias, but theres no bleating about Christianphobia or Shiaphobia in the Middle East. A pox on all religion, its purveyors and defenders. of all stripes

Still, handy for the US to divide and conquer, depose Assad and push that pipeline through from Qatar to deny the Russians a fat chunk of the European energy market

If you think politics is about democracy, or freedom or beliefs ( :lol: ) you need to read this:

Google has ramped up its political contributions and spent more money on political campaigns this year than global investment bank, Goldman Sachs. The tech giant is looking to gain more political clout in Washington,it was revealed.
Google's political action committee, NetPAC, forked out $1.43 million this year, surpassing Goldman Sachs’ PAC expenditure of $1.39 million, the Financial Times reported.
Political involvement has skyrocketed in the last few years. In 2006, Google’s PAC spent just $37,000. During the last midterm election in 2010 Google invested only a third as much as Goldman Sachs.
According to Google, its NetPAC donations are decided by a bipartisan group of senior executives, the newspaper reports.
Some of the reasons behind Google’s involvement include privacy concerns and internet search monopoly issues.
Google is not the only Silicon Valley company investing heavily. Other companies like Microsoft, Facebook, Intel, Amazon have also stepped up their financial support of policymakers.
According to Financial Times figures, Microsoft is leading with a total spending of $1.78 million. Facebook and Amazon are in third and fourth place with $375,000 and $177,000, respectively.
Twitter and Yelp have both launched PACs in recent years. Apple and Uber do not have PACs, but they have increased spending on political lobbyists.
Reuters / Brendan McDermidReuters / Brendan McDermid
Tech and internet companies have so far donated almost $22.5 million in the 2014 election campaign, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. This is $121 million less than PAC contributions from the securities and investment industry.
Silicon Valley tech companies are donating generously in political lobbying in the hope of increasing their influence over debates in Washington on issues such as tax, more visas for skilled migrants and bigger oversight of US intelligence agencies.
When it comes to candidates and parties, the Center for Responsive Politics found the balance has also shifted. In 2010, Democratic federal candidates received 55 percent of PAC contributions from tech firms, while Republicans received 45 percent. Over 2014, things have changed and Democrats have received 48 percent of Silicon Valley donations versus the Republicans with 52 percent.
The Financial Times points out that people working in the technology sector typically lean left, while tech companies are massively donating more to Republicans, or share their money equally between the two parties.
“The executives of those companies may not always agree with Republicans on social issues, but for a lot of them, at the end of the day, business is business,” Reed Galen, a Republican consultant based in California, told the newspaper.
According to the Sunlight Foundation, a non-partisan non-profit group, tech company employees tend to donate to Democrats.
Slated for November 4, this year’s midterm elections are less than three weeks away. According to AP, more than 904,000 Americans have already cast their ballots, with almost 60 percent of those early votes in Florida.
Midterm congressional elections will show which party is to head the Senate for the final two years of President Barack Obama’s administration. Experts say Republicans have strong chances to either hold or expand their majority in the House of Representatives.

http://rt.com/usa/197104-google-usa-political-campaign/

If you think politics is about democracy, or freedom or beliefs ( :lol: ) you need to read this:

http://rt.com/usa/197104-google-usa-political-campaign/

Interesting stuff. So the tech companies are placing their bets on the Republican horse as the next incumbent of the White House. Similarly Murdochs empire is supporting and having more 'meetings' with Republicans and UKIP in the UK.

Interesting stuff. So the tech companies are placing their bets on the Republican horse as the next incumbent of the White House. Similarly Murdochs empire is supporting and having more 'meetings' with Republicans and UKIP in the UK.

Isn't it the senate that passes laws, though?

I think that's what would interest them most. Particularly laws about internet information security as the article alluded to.

And if they're backing the republicans then they're probably lobbying for not passing new laws or not changing the current ones. The republicans have been literally trying to block everything for a few years now.

Isn't it the senate that passes laws, though?

I think that's what would interest them most. Particularly laws about internet information security as the article alluded to.

And if they're backing the republicans then they're probably lobbying for not passing new laws or not changing the current ones. The republicans have been literally trying to block everything for a few years now.

True, but I think theyre also thinking as billion dollar turnover entities that the republicans will give them nice fat juicy tax breaks.

The British Parliament has now voted 274 to 12 to recognise and establish the State of Palestine.

Several tory MPs said that a year ago they would have voted No, but the recent slaughter by Israel and annexing of another illegal 950 acres of the West Bank made them realise Israel is a pariah state.

The British Parliament has now voted 274 to 12 to recognise and establish the State of Palestine.

Several tory MPs said that a year ago they would have voted No, but the recent slaughter by Israel and annexing of another illegal 950 acres of the West Bank made them realise Israel is a pariah state.

But the Israeli government and media say they 'won' that war...

But the Israeli government and media say they 'won' that war...

The Israeli lobby, 'Friends of Israel' is extremely influential in as much as Cameron is yet to recognise the vote. Haha thats democracy for you.

The real obscenity is also calling it a war. That normally takes two armies.

The Israeli lobby, 'Friends of Israel' is extremely influential in as much as Cameron is yet to recognise the vote. Haha thats democracy for you.

The real obscenity is also calling it a war. That normally takes two armies.

You're so old fashioned!

Countries with armies don't fight anymore. Instead they secretly arm and fund extremists groups to attack allies or interest of the other country and pretend to be civil and diplomatic in public!

You're so old fashioned!

Countries with armies don't fight anymore. Instead they secretly arm and fund extremists groups to attack allies or interest of the other country and pretend to be civil and diplomatic in public!

True ! and funny if it wasnt so tragic. What is it with cunts in power ? No gods no masters please.