Barcelona - Opposition Views 1

Steve

Deco 20 from BarcaForum.com has answered some questions on tonight's Champions League Semi Final first leg with Barcelona.

-Firstly we will start off with an easy question, How long have you supported Barcelona for and for what reason? Visited Barcelona about 10 years ago (not sure on the year), but didn't really know much about the team by then. Started watching some games in 2004 I think it was. Loved the shirts and players such as Deco (see username...) and Ronaldinho. + I had played some Fifa 2003 before... But not sure if that made any difference, might have but I was just a kid.

-What was your reaction to your quarter-final and semi-final draw? Didn't like either, but happy not to face Madrid. A possible clásico final would be hellish, however.

-Barcelona are currently sitting 4 points off the pace of Real Madrid, with the remaining fixtures do you thing you can sneak the title out of Madrid’s grasp and continue your domination of the La Liga? It's possible, but I don't think it's going to happen. The clásico will be crucial, but we've got as difficult a schedule as them and it'd only be 4 games left.

-In the last round you knocked out AC Milan, tell us about the game? Milan defended really well and had some dangerous counters. We were too reliant on Messi, as usual. As usual, we found it difficult against well organized, physical teams who focus on their defending. Expecting Chelsea game to be similar. (We had 2 stone wall penalties turned down 1st leg, got one cheaply in the second).

-Chelsea v Barcelona has become quite a rivalry in the Champions League, are Chelsea considered one of your biggest rivals now days? Not really. It's all about RM. Then there's Espanyol, and in Europe it doesn't really matter. There's some dislike towards Chelsea, however. With all the complaining and all. Still, one of the most memorable goals Ronaldinho scored, he scored at Stamford Bridge.

-There was a lot of controversy surrounding our previous encounter at Stamford Bridge, do you agree that it was harsh on Chelsea to be eliminated or do you think the result was well deserved? I think the refs gave you somewhat of an advantage tbf.

-Looking at your current squad, which player has been a stand out this season? If you had to choose one player that you think would make an impact at Chelsea who would it be and why? Lionel Messi. Comment not really necessary. But he's our only real danger man. Except for him? Probably Busquets, Xavi or Iniesta. And Dani Alves, because the midfield trio would force you to change the way you play.

-If you could pick one Chelsea player to join Barcelona who would it be and why? Oriol Romeu, as he has Barca DNA (on a more serious note: probably Luiz because we're short of options in defense or Mata because he's a quality player who'd fit the way we play. We're, however, stocked in that position, and that's why I'd prefer Luiz)

-And finally, what is your prediction for the first leg of our Champions League Semi Final at Stamford Bridge? I'm hoping for a 2-1 victory for us, but my guess is on a low-scoring draw. 1-1?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"-There was a lot of controversy surrounding our previous encounter at Stamford Bridge, do you agree that it was harsh on Chelsea to be eliminated or do you think the result was well deserved? I think the refs gave you somewhat of an advantage tbf."

What an arsehole. Cannot stand Barcelona and their plastic fans, hope we get the most ridiculous decision our way tonight to beat them.