Righting The Wrongs

EskWeston

But not as big as us ... :)

Well creatives apart from Kalou and J Cole should be SWP , Pizarro, Malouda, Ballack etc but it comes down to training as well -trying different things, set pieces -woeful against the yids btw etc. Theres a general malaise, and its not helped by Average Grunts lack of dynamism and total inexperience.

No not as big as us. But it is the principal of the 4-3-3 formation only working with certain "types" of players, and for me one of the most important is the creative attacking midfielder, which in the youth team example was Kakuta....

SWP, Pizarro, Malouda and Ballack are not creative players really........

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all have been and have the potential to be more so.

Maybe Kakuta will be introduced, but I wouldn't hold yer breath what with Stoch and Sinclair. Its just anally retentive tactics and lack of spark that needs to be reignited in training routines.

They all have been and have the potential to be more so.

Maybe Kakuta will be introduced, but I wouldn't hold yer breath what with Stoch and Sinclair. Its just anally retentive tactics and lack of spark that needs to be reignited in training routines.

Playing a more attack minded player like SWP in the attacking central position does work better and he performs better there than he does on the wing, but there is scope there for improvement, only Joe Cole is the other player who i think can operate there but he is never given the chance....

Well i am not expecting Kakuta to make any first team appearances for a long while, he is still only 16!! Stoch though i would play him.....

Grant aside, we are missing a lot of the elements that made the first season under Jose so entertaining and why we won so much. We are missing any speed on the wings when we used to be able to call on from Cole, Duff and Robben. And I know some will consider this hearsay, but Lampard and Terry have not been playing well at all, when healthy, which for Terry has not been all that often the last two seasons. Right now we have no one, other than JC who can create any kind of danger on the wing. We are slow and predictable, plodding through the middle or playing long balls. We have made some terrible buys in the last couple of years, and let some strong players go and it is finally catching up to us. I agree with what many have said, we need to make a lot of personnel changes i the summer. Bring some speed to the team again.

Hate to keep harping back to the manager. But ....what has been mentioned in the recent reports was Grants choice of playing eleven, announced to the squad just a few hours before the kick off.

With Mourinho, he meticulously studied the opposition, and who would be appropriate to be their opposite number. Maybe 4-5 days prior to the match. Tactics, and contingency plans could be worked, and how openings prised, along with weaknesses breached.

I agree we need creative wingers who can be conversley switched from right to left ala Ronaldo/Giggs, but primarily a good footballing brain at the helm. Without that it's pointless.

Hate to keep harping back to the manager. But ....what has been mentioned in the recent reports was Grants choice of playing eleven, announced to the squad just a few hours before the kick off.

With Mourinho, he meticulously studied the opposition, and who would be appropriate to be their opposite number. Maybe 4-5 days prior to the match. Tactics, and contingency plans could be worked, and how openings prised, along with weaknesses breached.

I agree we need creative wingers who can be conversley switched from right to left ala Ronaldo/Giggs, but primarily a good footballing brain at the helm. Without that it's pointless.

There is certainly some negative creeping football comming in and it is certainly down to more than the wrong players out there, even though i think it is a huge part of it. Tactically we are not at the races, we are not up for games and closing teams down and getting at them fast.................