Righting The Wrongs

EskWeston

So you think a new manager with the same team could do a lot better than where we are now?

I agree we need a new manager, i just think there are other issues too...

Lol apologies, you said you didnt want this to turn into a Grant thread.

But for me the priority is leadership. Any one could have got the current crop of results. A Wenger, Ferguson, Lippi, Capello, etc could get wonders and even the elusive 'quad' out of our current squad.

As it stands , it's a crying waste of talent.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol apologies, you said you didnt want this to turn into a Grant thread.

But for me the priority is leadership. Any one could have got the current crop of results. A Wenger, Ferguson, Lippi, Capello, etc could get wonders and even the elusive 'quad' out of our current squad.

As it stands , it's a crying waste of talent.

Lol, EVERY thread is a Grant thread these days :D - par for the course....

Up until now the results have been good. We have got ourselves in a strong position, we have all our players back and we have no idea how to use them. We should have won the game yesterday, we have the players to win the game yesterday and be very successful.

I still feel long term there are changes needed to make us better on the attack in the way that Man you do or Arsenal do - with pace and inventiveness..

Lol, EVERY thread is a Grant thread these days :D - par for the course....

Up until now the results have been good. We have got ourselves in a strong position, we have all our players back and we have no idea how to use them. We should have won the game yesterday, we have the players to win the game yesterday and be very successful.

I still feel long term there are changes needed to make us better on the attack in the way that Man you do or Arsenal do - with pace and inventiveness..

The problem I see is with motivation, compared to Man Utd, for example. Can't stand Purplenose, but he knows as did Jose how to motivate players, and get the best out of them.

The last few games have looked very disjointed. If Kenyons smiling mug shows itself anytime soon, guaranteed he'll be spouting ''We're still in with a shout of 3 trophies..." then it'll be " 2 trophies "... "1 trophy" etc.

Then Grant will be given more money to "strengthen for next term". Whereas in reality the rotten core needs replacing.

The problem I see is with motivation, compared to Man Utd, for example. Can't stand Purplenose, but he knows as did Jose how to motivate players, and get the best out of them.

The last few games have looked very disjointed. If Kenyons smiling mug shows itself anytime soon, guaranteed he'll be spouting ''We're still in with a shout of 3 trophies..." then it'll be " 2 trophies "... "1 trophy" etc.

Then Grant will be given more money to "strengthen for next term". Whereas in reality the rotten core needs replacing.

I don't think there is a manager in the world that could turn SWP into a top class winger who keeps control of the ball or makes Malouda stronger and give him a bit of pace!! But what they would do is play Kalou and Cole for pretty much every game and give the livewire Sinclair more games!!

If we can't pull out of the lull we are in and get this team playing, then i would think he will go in the summer. Although i believe it will take a lot, or some Major protests from fans to actually get him to go!

I don't think there is a manager in the world that could turn SWP into a top class winger who keeps control of the ball or makes Malouda stronger and give him a bit of pace!! But what they would do is play Kalou and Cole for pretty much every game and give the livewire Sinclair more games!!

If we can't pull out of the lull we are in and get this team playing, then i would think he will go in the summer. Although i believe it will take a lot, or some Major protests from fans to actually get him to go!

SWP should be played in the centre as Mourinho did before his departure. Sinclair and maybe Stoch :)

Whilst we're on 'righting wrongs' it wouldn't do any harm to improve the atmosphere.

Get rid of all the tourists, admission to be a fiver, two massive standing terraces, and reasonable alcohol prices sold from countless bars in every stand. Fortress Bridge, carefree!!

SWP should be played in the centre as Mourinho did before his departure. Sinclair and maybe Stoch :)

Whilst we're on 'righting wrongs' it wouldn't do any harm to improve the atmosphere.

Get rid of all the tourists, admission to be a fiver, two massive standing terraces, and reasonable alcohol prices sold from countless bars in every stand. Fortress Bridge, carefree!!

Lol, OK don't push it :)

Well either SWP or Joe Cole are an absolute MUST if we are to continue with 3 in midfield thats for sure. Sinclair definately should get more games. And on the basis of the wing performances so far this season i would be very tempted to try Stoch......

Atmosphere has been better in general for a lot of this season. Think now though people are starting to get very frustrated. Our complete lack of goalscoring chances is becomming a bad joke....

How do you see this?

From mid December to February First week. We have been playing with more or less the same starting 11 with Ballack in midfield playing so well, Makalele the Holding Midfielder, Joe Cole and Malouda on wings And the best part of it all was SWP in the Central Midfield. With this combination, we won 9 matches in a row.

Then comes the arrival of our injured players, African players...and what do we do? Introduce these players in the 11. Thus breaking the team dynamics of the one tht went on a winning streak for 9 matches.

Our performances have hit ROCK BOTTAM since the arrival of these players. Grant is Rotating the players, and it definately affects the Team Dynamics. A Squad of 11 fit players in every match is the best way to go by, but Grant is trying to introduce all of his players in different matches.

People like Blue Lion and others wanted Lampard and Terry in the TEAM for Finals. Why? Cus they have been Chelsea servants for years. But When you Break a Team Combination, a Team that is set and used to playing togther, IT DEFINATELY AFFFECTS THE PERFORMANCES. BALLACK WAS Benched inorder to accomodate LAMPARD, ALEX who had had such a wonderful defensive partnership with Carvalho, was benched to accomodate TERRY. And all this done in the FINAL of a cup Game. Anelka made to play on the wings (OUT OF POSITION)...why? cus he is Nicolas Anelka and he has to be in the team, dont care which position.

My Biggest Fear is that Grant seems to be introducing the Rotation system. Jose was never a fan of it. I cant imagine he Benched Ballack and Joe Cole the two most inform players over the last 2 months for us to accomodate Lampard and Nicolas Anelka. Again, this Rotation policy has never won trophies for any teams. A team needs to have a core that plays in every important matches.

Blue Lion, I told you Team comes first, and not your favourite beloved players. You change the team to accomodate Chelsea favourites, You are always at risk to losing out.

warnie666, it is not bluelion who made the called on team selection.

the problem is not the rotation policy, it is Grunt, who tried very hard to look good instead of winning games. Jose had deploy these formation (3 centre midfielder,one winger, two centre forward with one as a winger) and it didn't work. why oh why did grunt try these similar formation. everything he does always try to make a statement that he is better than jose. throw a cup of tea or break a table to fired up players? i think the players will ignore or laugh at those tea cups and table that he broke!!

Edited by joe_kura

warnie666, it is not bluelion who made the called on team selection.

the problem is not the rotation policy, it is Grunt, who tried very hard to look good instead of winning games. Jose had deploy these formation (3 centre midfielder,one winger, two centre forward with one as a winger) and it didn't work. why oh why did grunt try these similar formation. everything he does always try to make a statement that he is better than jose. throw a cup of tea or break a table to fired up players? i think the players will ignore or laugh at those tea cups and table that he broke!!

I know its not the Blue Lion who made the selection, but we had a small argument over introducing Lamps and Terry the other day.

Now, The Formation is fine. But rotating the players is not fine. You play with 4-3-3 for the most of the season, with same set of players as we have had pver last several years. The players get acustomed to playing with each other. But when you start rotating the players, you find your self playing along side new set of players in new positions. Hence as we saw...the Passing was FucKALL......We CANNOT SEEM TO PRODUCE A GOAL FROM AN OPEN PLAY!!!.....

Also, Joe, If you see the threads in previous weeks, you'll find most fans wanting Grant to play Anelka on left of 4-3-3 with Drogs in centre. Some Fans even went to the extent of Changing to 4-2-2 formation ALL OF A SUDDEN IN A CUP FINAL to accomodate players. IM GLAD GRANT DINT CHANGE THE FORMATION. But he did play Anelka out of position, as Fans wanted. And when he failed...The same fans go for his head....

As far as I am concerned, HE SHOULD NOT HAVE CHANGED THE TEAM THAT WON 9 matches in a row to accomodate favourite Chelsea players.

BALLACK AND JOE COLE BEHCNED....HOLY SHIT!!!!....I COULDNT BELEIVE HE ACTUALLY BENCHED THE TWO MOST INFORM PLAYERS FOR THE FINALS

And yes...BALLACK IS ANYTIME A BETTER FREE KICK TAKER THAN LAMPS AND DROGBA!!!!

Edited by warnie_666

You have made a good point warnie there about the returning players unsettling the team. I do feel Terry had to come in though because he is club captain and should always be playing in a cup final if he can. Lampard though? Would have been understandable if Ballack played.

The main problem for me was a) long balls against Woodgate and King B) Playing Anelka on the left wing instead of Joe Cole or even Kalou and c) complete ineptitude with regard to motivation

warnie666, from what i'd read here and also my own opinion, punters bla bla bla, most of us want anelka to be a striking partner to drogba in 4-4-2 formation with either one as a supporting striker, not as a wide player in 4-3-3 formation as you mention. it is a big difference between partnering the striker and playing out wide.

ballack have an off day at greece while lamps on sunday, in my opinion is the best of the midfield three, essien is worst, i hardly know that he is playing. but the tactic is all wrong. two centre forward with a wide players in 4-3-3 formation just didnt work. jose have tried it before (sheva, drogba, robben).

Edited by joe_kura

You have made a good point warnie there about the returning players unsettling the team. I do feel Terry had to come in though because he is club captain and should always be playing in a cup final if he can. Lampard though? Would have been understandable if Ballack played.

The main problem for me was a) long balls against Woodgate and King B) Playing Anelka on the left wing instead of Joe Cole or even Kalou and c) complete ineptitude with regard to motivation

and another point, did you notice how many times mikel got in the way of lamps, he kept going for the same balls, and then there was the farce in the spuds penalty area 3 Chelsea players went up for the same ball kalou ballack and drogba and no one from spuds, who'd the ball drop to yep! a spuds defender.

which i think just epitomises what you are all saying there's no cohesion no understanding, and again proving grunt's a bottle job, i might have thought a bit better of him if he'd played the players that got us there like i said from the off.

regards:JBD

if we play wingers, they need to be confident to run at players and be more direct. SWP just runs over the ball, he has a quite shocking first touch and he beats himself more than opposing players. He seems to always leave the fucking ball behind! I actually think Kalou looks really good as a winger, he is direct, he has great feet and he does beat players. Consistancy is the problem for him tho and finishing. Malouda has nothing, no strength, no pace, nothing. Joe Cole and Kalou are the best we have imo.

I agree on 4-4-2. We dont score enough as 4-3-3 as the 2 wingers hardly ever score. it was and still probably would be drogs and lamps who are the only 2 i can bank on getting more than 10 goals in a season.

4-4-2

...........................Cech...........................

.......................Whatever.........................

...Joe Cole Lampard Essien/Ballack Kalou...

.....................Whatever two.......................

The defence and strikers can be anyone, they kind of pick themselves. in midfield ballack or essien would be my main question. Dont forget how good ballack was in the world cup playing as a defensive midfielder. MICHAEL BALLACK IS A DEFENSIVE MID-FUCKING-FIELDER! Then 2 wingers/wide men who are direct and do cause problems to defences. they are capable of getting goals too.

warnie666, from what i'd read here and also my own opinion, punters bla bla bla, most of us want anelka to be a striking partner to drogba in 4-4-2 formation with either one as a supporting striker, not as a wide player in 4-3-3 formation as you mention. it is a big difference between partnering the striker and playing out wide.

http://www.talkchelsea.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1201

Go through the posts and then tell me how many were fine with 4-3-3 with Anelka playing on left.

Again, ANELKA IS A TARGET MAN. HE NEVER PLAYED AS A SUPPORTING STRIKER. For God's sake, you again want him to play out of position.

And how could you expect the manager to change the formation from 4-3-3 which we played with since September to 4-4-2 all of a sudden for a final just to accomodate our Stars. It seems like their arrival has jinxed our performances.

and another point, did you notice how many times mikel got in the way of lamps, he kept going for the same balls, and then there was the farce in the spuds penalty area 3 Chelsea players went up for the same ball kalou ballack and drogba and no one from spuds, who'd the ball drop to yep! a spuds defender.

which i think just epitomises what you are all saying there's no cohesion no understanding, and again proving grunt's a bottle job, i might have thought a bit better of him if he'd played the players that got us there like i said from the off.

regards:JBD

There you go buddy....AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT HAPPENS WHEN you KEEP CHOPPING AND CHANGING to Accomodate your Stars.

The defence and strikers can be anyone, they kind of pick themselves. in midfield ballack or essien would be my main question. Dont forget how good ballack was in the world cup playing as a defensive midfielder. MICHAEL BALLACK IS A DEFENSIVE MID-FUCKING-FIELDER! Then 2 wingers/wide men who are direct and do cause problems to defences. they are capable of getting goals too.

Ballack played behind the 2 strikers in the World Cup and NOT as a defensive Midfielder. He is a Box to Box midfielder just like Lamps. But yeah, he did play as defensive midfielder for Bayern Munchen

Edited by warnie_666

Wasnt it embarrassing watching Grant stumble around the team talk after the 90mins?, As a Chelsea fan I fucking cringed. He is a complete and utter wanker of the highest order and I would rather have the cunt shot than spend another week at our club. Everything he does is a joke, he acts like a cunt, he looks like a cunt, he talk's like a cunt.