Super Salomon scores as Blues beat Benfica

BlueLion.

Excellent as always. I see you went back to writing full match reports, either way, always great to read your reports.

I was going to do a 'view from the stands' one as well, but I think it would be best if I alternate, that way its more varied and exciting for me to make.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall I be a sad bastard and tell you all the games he's scored in and we've lost?

3-3 vs Blackburn (lost on pens), December 2009

1-2 vs Internazionale, Feb 2010

1-3 vs Manchester United (Com Shield), August 2010

Only 1 big game where we failed to win, then. That is really astonishing, I knew his goals were important but not like this!

Yet no one gives the spot light to Ferreria was has been an ever loyal servant to Chelsea who still pulled off a better performance than Bosingwa has in 2 years

The spot light always goes on goalscorers and not defenders. He was good tonight, but our entire back 4 was excellent as well. As a team, other than Mata, everyone played well, that's got to be one of our best all-round performances this season.

The spot light always goes on goalscorers and not defenders. He was good tonight, but our entire back 4 was excellent as well. As a team, other than Mata, everyone played well, that's got to be one of our best all-round performances this season.

No it hasn't, it really hasn't.

SMILES and chants " YOU ONLY WRITE WHEN YOU'RE WINNING"

Haha, you're actually right these days Ron! Time is very limited to me so I only tend to write when there is the will to do so.

Name me more than 3 other occasions this season where there was nothing to criticise 10 of the 11 starters.

Very difficult to do that for this season... although if you look at the other two famous UCL matches against Valencia and Napoli then you have two.

There was nothing to critisize in terms of our defensive performance and goal keeper, but everyone in midfield and attack had a pretty poor game. Benfica had clear chances against us - and dominated most statististics(we had more fouls than them and possession was equal); had Benfica taken their chances this would have been a completly different blog. Ramires was largely ineffective in his crossing - as most players that play on our right wing. Raul Meireles didn't make any insicive passes; Kalou was completly invisible apart from his goal; Mata had one of his worse games in a blue shirt; Torres had a better game than most of our forward players but it the performance wasn't anything special.

I'm extremly happy with the result myself but it's troubling that no matter how we line up the only performances this season that have had the needed intensity up top were our matches against MU at home(where we lost focus after the penalty); Valencia; Napoli. Mata is tailing off an no one is able to replace his contribution although it's obvious he needs at least 1 full week of rest.

Unfortunetly every game right now is like a Cup Final for us and we have send creative players like Kakuta; Joshua on loan and are incapable of motivating players because they know there is no young guy trying to get into their spot. Lukaku has barelly played despite what utter sh*t we have been served by Torres and Drogba for over 12 months, it's a complete missmanagement - how we are wasting players that should have at least 15 full games this year. Joshua won't learn defensive responsibilites by not playing; Kakuta will not learn how to track back without playing; Lukaku will not get into goal scoring without playing; Bruma for me would have been better than signing Cahill and was ready to start this year; in a few years we would have a Borini situation for at least a few of these lads. The amount of waste we have accumlated with our youth squad in the last few years is staggering. The only reason Sturridge is playing is because he was send out on loan and Bolton had a terrible bunch of striking options thus had pretty much only him as a CF option. Most loans don't work like that these young players are send to an EPL team which only uses them as squad members - because of the high stakes of the EPL most teams don't invest time into a player that they won't get a benifit in the long term. I think Loan Contracts need to modified in some way ensuring that a club getting a loned player that accumliates a certain amount of time playing first team football would actually get a financial benifit from that - that would ensure that clubs like Wigan/Blackburn etc who are financialy not extremly stable would have some sort of insentive to play the players we send out on loan. This would also show the player that CFC is serious about their future. I don't belive in loaning out players outside of England(either EPL or Championship) once they sign with us.