Kenneth Omeruo

Zola kinda blue

Weird to me its taken all this time to get him sold. These youngish guys can still do a lot in their careers so being part of the loan army here for the likes of him, Piazon and Palasic etc is pointless. 5m for him is hardly a fee would of been haggling over either. Good luck to the guy, maybe not a CL level player but hes been a regular for Nigeria since he was 18 so he needs to keep playing, playing in La Liga isnt  bad move either. 

Chelsea Defender Completes Permanent Move

http://chelseafconline.com/2019/08/chelsea-defender-completes-permanent-move/

Chelsea and Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo had completed his move to the La Liga side, Leganes on a full-time basis.

The 25-year-old Nigerian international has played with the Spanish outfit on loan last season. He was featured 31 times and started in 30 games. Now, he will be returning to the La Liga club permanently with a deal worth £4.6 million.

According to the club’s official website, Omeruo moved to Stamford Bridge in 2012 after playing for Standard Liege. Omeru, however, struggled to make it to the first team. He was shipped to other teams outside the Premier League on loan. Aside from Leganes Omeruo also played for ADO Den Haag in the Netherlands, Kasimpasa and Alanyasor in Turkey, and Middlesbrough in the Championship.

Omeruo played for Nigeria 50 times including the 2014 and 2018 World Cup tournaments. He also helped his country reach the semi-final round of the Africa Cup of nations in 2013. He played with the Super Eagles alongside John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses.

Earlier, the former Blues defender said that he wants to leave Stamford Bridge in order to further his career. He said that he wants to be in a team where his potential can be achieved.

He is however thankful for all the opportunities and help that Chelsea has given to him and to his family.

“I think now’s the time for me to leave, to find a place, to be my own man,” Omeruo said. “I am married with a baby now, so I need stability.

He further added, “Chelsea have done amazingly for me, and for my family as well, but it is time for me to reach my potential and get where I think I deserve to be.”

Despite the ban being handed down to Chelsea for two transfer windows, the Premier League club can still release and sell players.

snip