Kenneth Omeruo

Zola kinda blue

he could have been given a chance here instead of buying Happy

Could've been given a chance this season as well instead of going for Stones and the Djibolodji. Same could be said about Kalas.

One can only hope that this is rectified with Christensen next season who is having a great season with 'Gladbach, but at this stage it's almost delusional to hope...

Could've been given a chance this season as well instead of going for Stones and the Djibolodji. Same could be said about Kalas.

One can only hope that this is rectified with Christensen next season who is having a great season with 'Gladbach, but at this stage it's almost delusional to hope...

never seen anything remarkable about his game - even considering he's young, but some folks here do. I will trust that he is better than what I've seen of him.

However, Stones is already in a different category - he'd be our best defender - yes better than Zouma immediately if signed. Regardless of age.

never seen anything remarkable about his game - even considering he's young, but some folks here do. I will trust that he is better than what I've seen of him.

However, Stones is already in a different category - he'd be our best defender - yes better than Zouma immediately if signed. Regardless of age.

Even agreeing with all of this, surely he is better than Djibolodji!

For me, having watched Kenneth A LOT with both Nigeria and Boro, he's at worst slightly behind Cahill.

• 7 months later...
7 minutes ago, mccg said:

Ffs another loan looks like , cash in, start again looking for a CB that might actually play for CFC!

Snap mate I'm fed up with are club loan out players that will never grace a Chelsea shirt it's time for Chelsea to cash in on players are not good enough 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Snap mate I'm fed up with are club loan out players that will never grace a Chelsea shirt it's time for Chelsea to cash in on players are not good enough 

And frankly I'm fed up with people who are more or less the same as me, that is to say enthusiastic and serious football fans but no more than that, who, despite knowing none of the pertinent facts, manage to believe they know more about running a football club than people who actually do it. The people who run the club are numerous and bring varied skill sets to the table. They are experienced in many areas, both business and footballing plus they have the same basic grounding that we here have because almost all of them are football fans too. On top of all that they do know all the facts.

If Kenneth is going on loan again there must be a reason for it, many reasons probably. We can all come up thoughts about what those reasons may be, but all we really need is the sense to understand that there is some reason. Those involved; Kenneth, his people, club officers both administrative and footballing, etc, have looked at this from their varying angles and all have signed off on this solution. It is possible that you and others are right, while those actually involved are wrong but I know where my money is.

Edit: I should mention that the people in charge of CFC, who have been characterised by members of this forum as stupid, ignorant, unfit to hold their jobs, and even as deliberately setting out to ruin the club, have nevertheless made Chelsea the second most successful team in England over the past 13 seasons.

48 minutes ago, the wes said:

Yeah time to cut the loanee army down and start using the 1's that shown last season there ready for a Cfc chance imho ie Ake,Baker,Christensein,Musonda

5 minutes ago, mccg said:

Yeah time to cut the loanee army down and start using the 1's that shown last season there ready for a Cfc chance imho ie Ake,Baker,Christensein,Musonda

I agree mate

All four are going out on loan for another season, so you'll have to hold onto that dream till next summer.

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

All four are going out on loan for another season, so you'll have to hold onto that dream till next summer.

Yeah cheers matey i knew that, The point being that out of mass loan army imho those 4 showed enough to be given a look at,at least pre-season ffs,and the other point was to get rid of alot of the loanees that look  like they aint going to play for Cfc!

15 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

. It is possible that you and others are right, while those actually involved are wrong but I know where my money is.

Edit: I should mention that the people in charge of CFC, who have been characterised by members of this forum as stupid, ignorant, unfit to hold their jobs, and even as deliberately setting out to ruin the club, have nevertheless made Chelsea the second most successful team in England over the past 13 seasons.

Lets see how your money does...Yeah agree with your edit,time to kick on ,evolve become no1

52 minutes ago, mccg said:

Lets see how your money does...Yeah agree with your edit,time to kick on ,evolve become no1

But what will you see? If you think the validity of my comment might be judged by the outcome of Kenneth future with Chelsea, then you have misunderstood my point. Kenneth clearly has very little chance of a future with the club but that does not rule out the likelihood that the loan is the correct decision for next season. The factors determining whether that is, or is not, so will never be 'seen' by you and me. A situation which further underlines my point that it is rash to issue judgement when you don't know many of the facts.

I would have said that we don't know any of the facts but we do know one, namely that Ken is going on loan. The reasons for it, the factors which justify this as the best option available, are not matters which are ever likely to be made public. So, to condemn the people making these decisions, you would have to assume that they look at all factors and then make a stupid or illogical choice. As I didn't quite say, but I hope I implied, it would be deeply arrogant of you and me to imagine that people, including those representing Kenneth, are going to look at all the options, then pick the stupid one. It's possible they might, but it's not likely.

My money remains on the probability that if you and I knew all of the considerations in hand, we would make the same choice, i.e. we'd send Kenneth on loan too. Much as it sometimes satisfies us all to imagine that they don't know what they're doing, and that we are much cleverer than everybody else, reality just isn't like that.

Yeah cheers matey i knew that, The point being that out of mass loan army imho those 4 showed enough to be given a look at,at least pre-season ffs,and the other point was to get rid of alot of the loanees that look  like they aint going to play for Cfc!

I agree. I've said before, either use them or get rid. This constant loan setup with little progression isn't really helpful for either party.

Besiktas are after him. Any deal has to have a buy back clause, as I think he's someone that will develop steadily and become a solid CB.

Should have been given a chance after his AFCON heroics a few years back, but we all know this club and youngsters.

Besiktas have completed the transfer of Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo on a season long loan.

Chelsea were in advanced talks with the Black Eagles over the transfer of the Nigerian international according to BBC journalist Oluwashina Okeleji.