• Meireles
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • SUB - McEachran

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe a lot of those votes are out of a misguided belief we will see the old Torres again, though.

I don't want to turn this into another Torres discussion thread, but I too lost faith of him returning to his form at Liverpool. For me, the Swansea redcard was the last straw.

Well this thread is about Torres because it is about the players, so it isn't digressing from the original topic as far as I'm concerned! I don't think Villas-Boas helped Torres, he was playing well and scoring a few goals (four goals in six games if I remember correctly), but he then dumped him on the bench. I think if he is given a similar run he could go and score another ten goals for us this season but we're no longer looking at someone who can regularly breach the 25-per-year mark in my view - unless he gets some service.

Ramires. He continues to show not only his creativity on and off the ball but also a keen eye for goal. You can hope for the return of "old Torres" all you want, but I'm putting my money on the man who has been giving consistent, excellent performances for the blues. All props to Torres for a good game, but Ramires wins out because of an exceptional game in a GOOD season.

Well this thread is about Torres because it is about the players, so it isn't digressing from the original topic as far as I'm concerned! I don't think Villas-Boas helped Torres, he was playing well and scoring a few goals (four goals in six games if I remember correctly), but he then dumped him on the bench. I think if he is given a similar run he could go and score another ten goals for us this season but we're no longer looking at someone who can regularly breach the 25-per-year mark in my view - unless he gets some service.

I kind of understood why André dropped him though. Remember it's after he got suspended that it started. Drogba then had a good run of form, and that was a month we needed results meaning not changing a winning formula. Okay not necessarily 'winning' formula, but you know what I mean.

I also agree that if the same trust is shown in him, that there was in the beginning of the season, with a quality set of midfield players he will flourish. This month we'll only have Lukaku & Torres upfront as Drogba & Kalou leave for ACoN tomorrow. He won't use Sturridge in the middle, we know this now, so the odds would favour Torres over Lukaku. Though if the latter shines, I'd have no problem in that.