The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

Im excited about the Lakers pick, Julius Randle.....He has the skillset to produce on day 1 and will replace Pau.

Exum is a man of mystery. It's kind of funny he didn't go to college in the states, because he probably would of dropped quite a bit in the draft...

My busts are Parker, nick staukas and aaron gordon.

That's a bit of a stretch.

Strengths:

-Terrific size for a point guard at 6-4

-Nice wingspan. Good frame

-Extremely smooth, fluid athlete with unbelievable body control

-Great first step

-Tremendous creativity with the ball in his hands

-Gets extremely low to ground on drives. Terrific ball-handler. Changes speeds. Super long strides make him tough to stay in front of. Rangy drives. Gets to basket off one dribble

-Puts huge pressure on the defense. Draws tons of fouls

-Superb in transition

-Finishes elegantly around the basket, sometimes from far outside the paint. Uses reverse moves effectively

-Can finish above the rim

-Creates effectively for others. Unselfish player

-Excellent feel for the game. Everything comes incredibly easy

-Solid rebounder for position

Weaknesses:

-Struggles to make shots from outside

-Shooting mechanics are poor

-Needs to improve his ability to drive and finish with his left hand

-Must get stronger. Gets pushed around on defense at times

-Still working on decision making skills in the half-court- when to score and when to distribute. Not quite a pure point guard yet

Outlook:Big, smooth guard with tremendous ball-handling skills and creativity. Outstanding talent and clear-cut NBA prospect. If he can improve his jump-shot, the sky is the limit. Currently at the Australian Institute of Sport. Reportedly leaning towards college (2014 recruit), like his father, Cecil Exum, who won a national championship at North Carolina, and moved to Australia to play professionally. Good enough to play virtually anywhere, but likely best suited going somewhere where he'll be counted on as a primary ball-handler, despite his size.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz35qORiE2M

http://www.draftexpress.com

Strengths: The 18-year-old Aussie is a fluid and versatile athlete, who shows a great deal of potential … Good size for a guard, and should fill out nicely over time … Excels at getting to the basket and drawing fouls … Finishes through contact and can score with either hand … Excellent body control allows him to make very acrobatic shots at the rim … Opposing defenders are constantly off-balance due to his effective hesitation moves and explosive first step … Moves well without the ball – makes good use of screens and does it at a relatively high rate of speed … Can create scoring opportunities for both himself and his teammates … Just scratching the surface in certain areas of his game – effective at making floaters, shooting off the step-back and posting up, but does not use these skills very often … Improving as an outside shooter – smooth and elevates well off the dribble … Very versatile – used at the 1, 2, and 3 spots … An active and alert team defender – his length and speed allows him to cover a lot of ground … Comes up with a lot of steals and loose balls … Does a little bit of everything, and is willing to do whatever is needed to win, including setting screens and mixing it up in the paint … A good kid – is coachable, affable, grounded, humble, and intelligent ...

Weaknesses: Level of competition is the biggest knock against Exum. He has not proven himself against a high enough level of competition to make anyone feel completely comfortable drafting him in the top 5 ... Some of his best performances have come in games (Under 19 World Championships) where he appeared to be one of the most physically advanced players ... Playing for the Australian National Team, he was given free reign to create offense for himself. Can he be as succesful without being given the same level of freedom? ... Exum has played off the ball a lot, and he doesn’t appear ready to be a true point guard … His handle is loose at times – has the ball poked away too often and occasionally fumbles when changing hands or directions … Not an exceptional facilitator – makes too many ill-advised passes … Inconsistent outside shot – does not always get enough elevation and has a low release point, especially when his feet are set (catch-and-shoot) … Trajectory on his shot appears flat at times ... Settles for long-distance threes too often … Not vertically explosive and struggles to finish with authority. For a player who thrives off of beating defenders off the dribble, his lack of ability to explode and finish with the best of them is concerning … Tends to drive to the left and shoot with his right … Struggles at the free-throw line, shooting around 65% in International competitions ... Can he develop his body and become a tough player capable of finishing with contact?

I've watch Burke quite a bit at Michighan and he was a 2 guard with a pg body.

Burke is a streaky shooter, that's undersized with average nba athleticism.

I watched him a lot too. He's aggressive and a great athlete. He'll be good, he's small, but so are plenty of other PG's.

Exum can get to the basket well and can improve his shot. They'll compliment each other well.

I think Embiid will only miss a few months?

Saric is just being acquired as a trading tool IMO...

4-6 months. Possibly more.

Trade to who? For what?

4-6 months. Possibly more. Trade to who? For what?

So he *might* catch some of the second half of the season. 76ers building a nice, young team there. About Saric, I don't know, if he signs for that Turkish team he won't be able to play in the NBA for like 2 years, so it's either he'll come in then or they might use him as a trade chip some time in the future.

Ricky Rubio has been in the league for 3 years and his shot is still terrible. Granted, his vision, passing ability, man to man defense, help defense is incredible, but the fact he cannot shoot or finish really hindered him.

Exum is nowhere near Rubio in terms of the other stuff and he cannot shoot, which will be a huge problem, especially when you play for a shit team like Utah Jazz.

Trey burke shot 38% last season... At Umich, Trey burke was a streaky shooter at the college ranks as well. However, in the college ranks, people aren't as athletic as they are in the NBA.

The difference is he's not like the other combo guards... Westbrook is 6'3 and an athletic freak. Rose is 6'3 and an athletic freak. Dragic is 6'3 and has a nasty shot. Burke rise in the draft had all to do with Kansas incompetence. Damien is 6'3 and has a fantastic shot.

I watched him a lot too. He's aggressive and a great athlete. He'll be good, he's small, but so are plenty of other PG's.

Exum can get to the basket well and can improve his shot. They'll compliment each other well.

4-6 months. Possibly more.

Trade to who? For what?

HOW the F did you watch exum play?

Im excited about the Lakers pick, Julius Randle.....He has the skillset to produce on day 1 and will replace Pau.

Exum is a man of mystery. It's kind of funny he didn't go to college in the states, because he probably would of dropped quite a bit in the draft...

My busts are Parker, nick staukas and aaron gordon.

I personally does not like randle. I watched him in ncaa tourney.

He has really good motor but in college he plays bully ball because nobody can match his size but

he is kinda a tweener, it is hard to be a great tweener big if you are not skillfull enough

I personally does not like randle. I watched him in ncaa tourney.

He has really good motor but in college he plays bully ball because nobody can match his size but

he is kinda a tweener, it is hard to be a great tweener big if you are not skillfull enough

Thats true.

However, he's 6'8 and plays physical. Not like those 6'9 pfs that all wanna be wing players now a days.

Reminds me of Zbo.