The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

Devastating. The guy may have thrown his while carreer down the drain over a fucking scrimmage. Unbelievable... Hopefully he'll recover, Kevin Ware took like 7 or so months to heal, but PG is probably out for the season. Damn it...

Tough break for George, for the Pacers, and for basketball fans everywhere. The East is now down to the Cavs and Bulls I think. If Rose is healthy, Bulls will be tough to beat. Their frontcourt is insane. Of course if the Cavs get love...In the West, I can only see San Antonio, Oklahoma City, or the Clippers winning.(Maybe a team like Portland or Houston if things break right but I doubt it).

Tough break for George, for the Pacers, and for basketball fans everywhere. The East is now down to the Cavs and Bulls I think. If Rose is healthy, Bulls will be tough to beat. Their frontcourt is insane. Of course if the Cavs get love...In the West, I can only see San Antonio, Oklahoma City, or the Clippers winning.(Maybe a team like Portland or Houston if things break right but I doubt it).

The Bulls need another scorer. I like the fact they signed Pau Gasol and Mirotic(Spanish league) but someone like a K.Love or Anthony would have been an interesting pick

The Bulls need another scorer. I like the fact they signed Pau Gasol and Mirotic(Spanish league) but someone like a K.Love or Anthony would have been an interesting pick

Anthony would have been great. No need for Love, 3 PF's for 1 position? I do think Rose needs someone to take some of the weight offensively from him.

I don't think they do need another scorer. They play a defensive game and have enough offensive weapons to score. San Antonio won last year with no one player getting more than 16.7 PPG and only 2 averaging over 12.8. Rose, is healthy is an over 20 PPG guy and Butler, Gibson, Noah, and Gasol can all score so it is definitely enough offense to win. This was a team that (tied) for the third best record in the East and is adding Rose and Gasol. If Rose isn't healthy, which is a decent possibility, they will still make the playoffs, but won't be a contender. Anthony would have destroyed the team. They are a cohesive defensive unit, one of the top few units in the NBA and adding someone who can't play defense and doesn't care destroys that. It's best for Anthony and all other teams that he went back to the Knicks where he can launch his 22 shots per game, miss the playoffs, and still pretend he's an elite player.

I don't think they do need another scorer. They play a defensive game and have enough offensive weapons to score. San Antonio won last year with no one player getting more than 16.7 PPG and only 2 averaging over 12.8. Rose, is healthy is an over 20 PPG guy and Butler, Gibson, Noah, and Gasol can all score so it is definitely enough offense to win. This was a team that (tied) for the third best record in the East and is adding Rose and Gasol. If Rose isn't healthy, which is a decent possibility, they will still make the playoffs, but won't be a contender. Anthony would have destroyed the team. They are a cohesive defensive unit, one of the top few units in the NBA and adding someone who can't play defense and doesn't care destroys that. It's best for Anthony and all other teams that he went back to the Knicks where he can launch his 22 shots per game, miss the playoffs, and still pretend he's an elite player.

If Anthony would have destroyed the team...then how come the Bulls coach was so desperate to add him?

Apparently the Bulls even signed bench players to trade-able contracts (last season) just in case they could make extra room for a player like Anthony

I know Anthony doesn't play defense but Thibodeau clearly felt like he could make it work...

Love to Cavs it seems, but only when Wiggins is eligible for trade.

Love, Lebron, Kyrie - new big three?

They will win the east with eyes close.

Indiana - no george duh

Washington - nah

New york -

Miami - good enough but I don't trus D wade knees

Chicago - this can be very interesting (chicago vs cavs in ECF)

They will win the east with eyes close.

Indiana - no george duh

Washington - nah

New york -

Miami - good enough but I don't trus D wade knees

Chicago - this can be very interesting (chicago vs cavs in ECF)

Bulls will win it. D Rose is back BACK

I think Rose/Noah/Gasol is on par, if not better, than LeBron/Irving/Love. But I may be biased.

Haha I know you're a Bulls fan but no chance they're better. Tbh, maybe chemistry wise the Chicago three might fit better, but still Cavs got the bigger three. We don't know if Rose is truly back either (even though they're saying he's looking like a beast at the US camp) but even then, Lebron is Lebron, and K Love was easily one of the best players in the league last year (top 5). Kyrie is almost a true elite PG too.