Don't Ruin The National Game

Fulham Broadway

From Vital Chelsea

Ok, we all know by now the proposals for making the Premier League a franchise and selling the game down the river in the pursuit of a few more pennies for the money greedy men who ruin, sorry that was meant to be run, the game.

The news for many came as no real shock, we as fans have been moved from pillar to post for years with ridiculous kick off times, late changes to fixtures to suit TV, new replica kits being introduced every other day (!) and a constant lack of respect to fans, we all have to sit down and woe betide any fan making any noise above a polite handclap, not to mention the very important health and safety rule that fans can't be trusted with the very dangerous bottle tops to their drinks.

However surely the fact that all 20 of the Premier League Chairman voted in favour of looking at the proposal to further erode the great tradition of the game proves that for once, fans have GOT to unite to put an end to it? If they can't see that they will be destroying football for the want of a few more pounds in their already swelling banks, then the fans will have to show it.

For me, if we franchise the game and start this world wide circus, I think I'll break my own heart and leave the Premier League and the club I love, it will be the straw that breaks the camels back as I don't think I'd want anything to do with it.

A few examples of the feelings of editors across the Vital Premier League sites are here and then below is a link to a petition set up by our Vital Arsenal editor. Yes, it is 'just' a petition, but we surely have to start somewhere? Sign it, send it to your mates to sign it, even the teams in the Championship, Cola 1 and 2 etc should put their names against such a move because what the Premier League starts, other leagues are bound to try to replicate in some way, shape or form. This goes beyond team loyalty and hits at the very root of OUR game.

Arsenal: PL Threatens The Essence Of Our Game

Villa Stick Your Global Brand Up Your ****

Chelsea: First overseas Premiership Fixtures

Manchester City: Selling Its Soul To The Devil

Manchester United: Overseas Prem Games? Please No!

Sign the petition here: Don't Ruin Our National Game

Other network and independent sites, PLEASE replicate this, publish the petition and spread the word. All individuals against the PL proposal, please forward to all your friends to sign.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree think they've already decided -or Rupert Murdich and Sky decided. It's not due till Jan 2011, so lots can change between now and then.

Anyway be quite nice having a boozy tour with Chelsea in Los Angeles or South Africa etc.

game39-banner-485x170.gif

Please sign the following petition to try and stop the FA's proposal to send the Premier League clubs abroad for an extra game.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/no-to-game-39/index.php

The Premier League have gone too far with their proposals to invent an extra fixture to be played abroad – and the time for football fans to stand up and be counted has arrived.

If you oppose this outrageous desecration of the national game, we strongly urge you to read the text in the window on the right hand side of this page, fill in the form beneath it, read the instructions underneath and click the "Add my name button". Please pay particular attention to the e-mail verification process – it is important that the people responsible for making this decision know the real level of anger and opposition it has caused.

We want as many people as possible to sign up and add their name. Everyone who does will receive an email confirming that they're part of the campaign and an email on your behalf will be fired off to the FA Premier League as well as all 20 FAPL clubs, leaving them in no doubt about the strength of feeling on this issue. A full list of the e-mail addresses we are sending to can be found further down this page, we encourage as many fellow fans as possible to personally contact your club too.

In addition to this petition the Football Supporters' Federation are planning ways we can help fans to organise protests at each of the 20 Premier League grounds. If you would like to be involved in the NO TO GAM£ 39 supporters' action, please e-mail [email protected] stating the club you support and any ideas you have or suggestions you can make.

And don't just leave it there – you must know dozens of people who feel the same way about this. So spread the word, email them and tell them about the campaign, and make sure they get signed up too. Fans are the most important people in football. We have to make sure our voice is heard.

Well an unlikely ally in the shape of Sepp 'altzeimers' Blatter has stepped in.

"This does not take into consideration the fans of the clubs and it gives the impression that they just want to go on tour to make some money," Blatter said.

"This will never happen, at least as long as I am the president of Fifa."

from BBC.

He also said, Don Corleone like, that ''it may harm Englands World Cup bid''. ie if the FA go for it, forget the World Cup, you mugs.