Favourite strike partnership

With all the talk of torres and drogba playing together or not being able to play together got me thinking of the strike partnership of the past and which one was my favourite. I decided that the 1997/98 season of zola/hughes was probably mine. Both examples of complete unselfishness. Think they might of only scored 24 between them in all comps but loved the fact that even if they'd have a 95 percent chance of scoring if someone next to them had a 96 percent chance they'd always square. One had all the invention and the other had the strength. Both accomplished in all technical sides aswel. Think at the time and the wat chels were progressing hughes was a very shrewd signing. Whats yours?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vialli ,,Zola and Hughes were all slightly past their prime when they came to us . I didn't support Chelsea when Osgood played but

the best partnership Chelsea had were two schoolboys Bridges and Greaves ...their international U16 was phenomenal and most

games were shown live on tv,

liked Eidur ,,,but that miss against Scumpool ,,,grrrrrrrrrr ....Jimmy was a class finisher but never thought he was a team player in the

way Vialli and Zola were. He did score some great individual goals ,,, perfect hat trick .. left ,, right and a header

this is mark hughes best game for cfc. i was 14 and nearly in tears after the first half. Hughes dragged us back into it and vialli won it. 2nd goal prime example of hughes tenacity

liked Eidur ,,,but that miss against Scumpool ,,,grrrrrrrrrr ....Jimmy was a class finisher but never thought he was a team player in the

way Vialli and Zola were. He did score some great individual goals ,,, perfect hat trick .. left ,, right and a header

gotta agree with hasselbaink. As good as he was i used think he was so lazy at times and it used to wind me up a treat. Hopefully his biggest contribution is to come as weve all read hes the reason Lukaku supports us.

this is mark hughes best game for cfc. i was 14 and nearly in tears after the first half. Hughes dragged us back into it and vialli won it. 2nd goal prime example of hughes tenacity

gotta agree with hasselbaink. As good as he was i used think he was so lazy at times and it used to wind me up a treat. Hopefully his biggest contribution is to come as weve all read hes the reason Lukaku supports us.

this was a good topic ,,, welcome to the forum