Summer 2012

Looking down the list of names in the transfer forum -it reads like a whos' who in fantasy football, FM 2011, or those cards schoolboys swapped in the playground.

To put a bit of clarity behind the lack of activity we need to realise there are seven players in the last year of their contracts. Anelka, Kalou, Boswinga, Hilario, Zhirkov, Rajkovic(if no work permit is forthcoming) and the Drogbazooka. If these contracts arent renewed next Summer will be the season of activity. This season could be a girding of the loins and swansong for the stalwarts, and a grounding and settling in for Mr Boas. So the Guardian maybe even optimistic with their 3rd place prediction. That said this squad started on fire last term, and it was only the length of the long ''blip'' followed by a late resurgence that allowed the Salford franchise their umpteenth title.

So dont expect a late surge of Gourlay chequebook inspired activity -( though i'm not sure the Modric saga is yet dead in the water) , but the Summer of 2012 looks more likely, corellating with expiring stalwarts wage slips.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Villas-Boas has been true to his word about taking the time to look and asses the squad. The window is still open for a long time and i think given the various things said over the tour we will see some players come in. Time will tell but now is the time when things will start to happen, AVB has had his time and will know full well where he needs to improve his squad and will have ideas on who he wants to bring in. There is no need for panic, Villas-Boas has got this squad playing very well and the signs are good for the coming season.

We already have new players anyway. Torres, Luiz, Ramires, Benayoun, Sturridge, McEachran and Romeu. Ok the first 6 aren't new as in bought this summer but they are effectively going into this season as new players. This is their first main season.

Looking down the list of names in the transfer forum -it reads like a whos' who in fantasy football, FM 2011, or those cards schoolboys swapped in the playground.

To put a bit of clarity behind the lack of activity we need to realise there are seven players in the last year of their contracts. Anelka, Kalou, Boswinga, Hilario, Zhirkov, Rajkovic(if no work permit is forthcoming) and the Drogbazooka. If these contracts arent renewed next Summer will be the season of activity. This season could be a girding of the loins and swansong for the stalwarts, and a grounding and settling in for Mr Boas. So the Guardian maybe even optimistic with their 3rd place prediction. That said this squad started on fire last term, and it was only the length of the long ''blip'' followed by a late resurgence that allowed the Salford franchise their umpteenth title.

So dont expect a late surge of Gourlay chequebook inspired activity -( though i'm not sure the Modric saga is yet dead in the water) , but the Summer of 2012 looks more likely, corellating with expiring stalwarts wage slips.

and isnt 2012 when the financial fair play rules kick in and thereby hindering our spending

and isnt 2012 when the financial fair play rules kick in and thereby hindering our spending

I think thats when Gourlay and Co earn there millions with creative accounting and offsetting the spending against ''other'' costs. So that would potentially create 6 lucrative vacancies at the club -of which probably 4 or 5 would be hassle free in terms of red tape. Drogba will probably get an extension, Zhirkov will go, and a new midfielder could still arrive (if we can prise Levys manicured fingers away from Modric with a big enough wad of filthy lucre)

Lucre for Luka :smiliecap1:

I'll get me coat

I think thats when Gourlay and Co earn there millions with creative accounting and offsetting the spending against ''other'' costs. So that would potentially create 6 lucrative vacancies at the club -of which probably 4 or 5 would be hassle free in terms of red tape. Drogba will probably get an extension, Zhirkov will go, and a new midfielder could still arrive (if we can prise Levys manicured fingers away from Modric with a big enough wad of filthy lucre)

Lucre for Luka :smiliecap1:

I'll get me coat

yeah but fifa have already said they will be looking into anyone trying to fiddle the books and will be stringent with it too. Plus i dont know how much faith i have in big ron

yeah but fifa have already said they will be looking into anyone trying to fiddle the books and will be stringent with it too. Plus i dont know how much faith i have in big ron

Yeah because FIFA will be squeaky clean by then, not open to any offers of brown envelopes to ''develop grass roots'', and Sepp Blatter will be long gone. Oh hang on. Fly on the Wall documentary featuring Ron Gourlay meeting FIFA would be great fun

Homegrown rules will be bent to suit wallet sizes methinks.

I'm sure we'll have bigger problems to worry about than Football in 2012.

I sure as hell won't, I'm taking a gap year before University.

Priority 1. Football

Priority 2. Get Paid

Priority 3. Get Laid

Priority 4. Get Pissed with the lads

Yeah because FIFA will be squeaky clean by then, not open to any offers of brown envelopes to ''develop grass roots'', and Sepp Blatter will be long gone. Oh hang on. Fly on the Wall documentary featuring Ron Gourlay meeting FIFA would be great fun

Homegrown rules will be bent to suit wallet sizes methinks.

what? Fifa dont need to be squeaky clean, they can be as corrupt as they want because they govern football not the other way round. Ever hear do as i say not do as i do? Thats how fifa operate

what? Fifa dont need to be squeaky clean, they can be as corrupt as they want because they govern football not the other way round. Ever hear do as i say not do as i do? Thats how fifa operate

Sorry, thats what I mean. They also operate to the size of the wad that is mooted as being credited to their individual Swiss bank accounts apparently.

Even if they were working to how they're supposed to, it could still potentailly open six job vacancies on the playing staff payroll that wouldnt have to be grow your own candidates. A year would give Boas plenty of opportunity to liaise with the army of scouts and draw up a shopping list for 2012, -when we might need a bigger server to cope with the transfer threads

I assume, we won't renew Malouda contract if he does not agree to renew for just one year...and anelka is leaving next season for sure...Drogba may stay but we'll see...zirkov leaving now, hope so..and I can expect that AVB will introduce some young players, like sturidge, kakuta, josh, romeu to be our leaders...time of lampard, drogba, terry is about to over...it's time for the fresh blood :)

2011-2012 season is a swansong for 6,7, maybe 8 of Mourinhos Waitrose eggs. Fresh blood, as you put it, will be the return of the loanees -or whovever Boas (if hes still here :whistling: ) rates next Summer. Cant see any coming in this window..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You