Di Santo Loving Life At Chelsea

Alee.

di-santo_hug.jpg

Despite joining Chelsea at the age of just 18, January signing Franco Di Santo is already eyeing up a place in The Blues’ first-team.

The Argentinian striker was thought to be interesting a number of Europe’s most prestigious clubs last month, but opted to swap his Chilean club Audax Italiano for Stamford Bridge.

He is now looking to force his way into Avram Grant’s plans but is keen to keep his feet on the ground in the presence of his more experienced team-mates.

"I think you always have to be positive. I have confidence. After some time, two months or a year, I will fight for the position with anybody,” he told Chilean newspaper El Mercurio:

"If I compare myself to them, the difference is huge, but it is because they have been playing for ten years. I know I cannot do the same as they do now, but I have some things they don't have - I am young!"

The Argentina Under-20 starlet was also quick to sing the praises of his new club, claiming his previous perceptions of some players were quickly dispelled.

"People here are so kind," said Di Franco. "I used to watch them on TV and told myself they would be arrogant but it is totally different when you are inside.

"Despite all they have won, they treat you like one of them and you have to treat them the same. If not, they get angry.

"I never imagined I would be here watching Michael Ballack, [Claudio] Pizarro or Frank Lampard playing pool in front of me. Being with them and spending time with them is unbelievable.

"They help you in whatever you need. Whatever they can give to you, they do. I really don't want to wake up from this dream."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a canny resemblance to Ronaldinho :o

Gotta do something about those teeth :P

He's gonna be learning his stuff from probably 3 world class strikers and Pizarro.

So he's bound to pick up a lot of useful things along the way during his development. Cant wait to see him get a run out.

You're right. Training with the likes of Anelka, Shevchenko, Ballack, Drogba, Lampard and Pizarro is going to do nothing but inspire him. I hope the kid does well and I'd love to see him get a run out against Huddersfield, I honestly would.

Good luck to the kid in all honesty, i don't expect him to play at all this season if i'm honest but if he gets a game it most likely will be against Huddersfield in the FA Cup, from what i've read and heard about this kid though he's probably more similar to Pizarro than he is any of our other strikers

can Franco Di Santo beat Bobby Tambling club record of goals it would be nice to see somebody do it

You sound about 8. You either post posts from other forums and claim them as your own or post complete bollocks that I struggle to read let alone comprehend.

Weirdo.

You sound about 8. You either post posts from other forums and claim them as your own or post complete bollocks that I struggle to read let alone comprehend.

Weirdo.

listen to rent boy who got fucked by a priest ballbag :rant:

Listen ass wipe FUCK OFF !

Or you'll swear in capital letters again? :rolleyes:

I dont want you supporting my club, and it's arse not ass.

i come from the shankill road the hardest place in the UK i will travel over to south london to bitch slap you ballbag

i come from the shankill road the hardest place in the UK i will travel over to south london to bitch slap you ballbag

The hardest place in the UK. :lol::lol::lol:

Go to Brixton and ask for T.

Shankill Road means something different round these parts son.