Right Back?

Joshyboy

Everyone's been on a big hype about who we're going to have playing In the middle of park come the start of the season but we're still lacking In a key spot and attacking Right Back, I like Ivana as much as anyone else and he's filled the spot magnificently but lets be honest as a world class team we need a real Right Back and I can't see too many options out there except maybe Gregory Van Der Wiel who, although a good player Is fragile and didn't have the best of seasons with Ajax last term.

So has anyone got any alternatives? I'm a big fan of Darijo Srna personally although hes a little later through his career he's strong defensively can cross like a beast and hes absolutely deadly from Dead Ball situations.

On this note actually good to see Bosignwa score that 30 yard effort against the Thailand XI, even if it was more a case of a napping keeper.

So folks, lets have some thoughts halo.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite his goal, Bosingwa was useless on the pitch. constantly loosing the ball. its either we buy a RB or Ivan to take that place. I am afraid that we have sooo many CB. Terry, Ivan, Alex, Luiz, Rajkovic and young Nathaniel. It seems Rajkovic will be staying with us this season.

Guest justin_3d

Despite his goal, Bosingwa was useless on the pitch. constantly loosing the ball. its either we buy a RB or Ivan to take that place. I am afraid that we have sooo many CB. Terry, Ivan, Alex, Luiz, Rajkovic and young Nathaniel. It seems Rajkovic will be staying with us this season.

How do you know this?

Any news that AVB said he will keep him?

If so that is great for me. I love to see more younger player get chances.

Now as far as RB, i think if we actually get a RW then RB can be negated for now. RW will cover most of the position we need, while Ivan can do the RB good.

Even then I would still love a RB, but the priority is a RW.

Yeah Rajkovic finally got his debut four years after joining due to a work permit problem, but he scored a half volley on his debut, that behind closed doors pre season match, and he can play across the back four and AVB did say he was looking for talents within the squad I suppose hes got as much chance at playing at Right Back as anyone else as It stands but I'd still like to see a big money signing to plug that holesmiliecap1.gif

Rajkovic still doesn't have a work permit.

RB?

For me Mauricio Isla is the best RB available, but i prefer to see Billy Clifford given the chance.

Well would be pointless keeping rajkovic instead of sending him on loan as he has another year to gain a work permit.

Rajkovic still doesn't have a work permit.

For me Mauricio Isla is the best RB available, but i prefer to see Billy Clifford given the chance.

He can have one if Chelsea manage to convince the authorities that he would be useful. I dont know if you have read the article from TheChels:

http://thechels.net/2011/07/what-to-make-of-rajkovic/

I think Clifford can be regarded as a midfielder, he as much quality there as we saw at Porsmouth.

I'm not convinced by Van der Wiel, we would pay the same price as Bosingwa for a player without good tactical approach to the game so we would rather keep Bosingwa.

There are 2 solutions to Bosingwa's problems: carry in front of him a player who could give support, as Ramires by example ; and extend his contract in order to bring him confidence.

If he proves in spite of him that he hasn't the level anymore next season, we could envisage to let him go, and the advantage of having extended his contract is to get money next summer if we want to sell him.

Everyone has something to win in the process of extending his contract, Bosingwa would feel supported, his performance would be better on the pitch and in case he isn't good anymore we can sell him

I'm not convinced by Van der Wiel,

Forget about VdW. We're not chasing him, nor have we been linked at all. The only time we were is when Arnesen mentioned his name last season, under Carlo.

Forget about VdW. We're not chasing him, nor have we been linked at all. The only time we were is when Arnesen mentioned his name last season, under Carlo.

It was simply to say that the most credible possibility was nor inspiring nor really established, the market is not full of really interesting right backs anyway

sheamus coleman / micah richards / Kelly(fulham) / maicon / onouha / Bardsley / castro(leverkusen) / fucile / perreira (porto) or play luiz at rb and d problem is solved.............

I know we have to solve the RW problem before we can focus a RB because we need to know what we've got upfront to determine what we need at the back, but again, I don't see alot of movement on this either, everyone's focused on who's coming into midfield smiliecap1.gif

I don't think it's a priority for Villas-Boas and the Board right now because our problems don't lie in defence, they reside in attack - including the midfield.

Defensively, we're a very strong unit. In the past, our shape has required the fullbacks to be more active and more like wingers than in any other. With Villas-Boas there is a less pressing need for it. Which is why we can make do with Bosingwa there for now, and if he's not available, Ivanovic is reliable in defence.

I don't think it's a priority for Villas-Boas and the Board right now because our problems don't lie in defence, they reside in attack - including the midfield.

Defensively, we're a very strong unit. In the past, our shape has required the fullbacks to be more active and more like wingers than in any other. With Villas-Boas there is a less pressing need for it. Which is why we can make do with Bosingwa there for now, and if he's not available, Ivanovic is reliable in defence.

We do need a new midfielder I agree but I don't acquiring one of those is going to be the sum of our transfer window activity I'm pretty certain our lack of a reliable RB is pretty common knowledge, for two seasons running really, so Its a hole that need plugging we missed out last season and the kind of Right back AVB would have good defensive and attacking capabilities smiliecap1.gif

our defense is up there with the best in the world and ivanovic had been fantastic in this position . no need to bring anybody in , in my opinion and like others have said we've got rajkovic or clifford too .

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You