Thailand All Stars 0-4 Chelsea

Just finished watching the game. It was solid, main negative was poor defending at times, but it's something you get with players who aren't used to playing together. Attacking was good, a bit more direct than last games. Players I'd point out on positive would be Josh and Mikel, Lampard was solid too... Hilario, of course, was magnificent in this game.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a big game against a quality side the outcome would have been different. Torres was open ffs.

Ivanovic a defender did what Torres (a striker) couldn't do and that's to make a run into the box and convert his chances confidently. Besides Iva wouldn't have offensive freedom against a top team anyway and isn't likely to find himself in that position plus there's nothing to suggest Torres would have converted the chance. . . he's being that abysmal

even against poor/ 3rd tier oppositions. . .that's the bit that scares me the most

He tried to dribble with the ball about 4 times and he just looked so stiff, slow and had absolutely no control of the ball and was easily tackled each time. He looks slow and lacks any sort of confidence. I hate to say it but he's looking like the biggest waste of money ever.

He tried to dribble with the ball about 4 times and he just looked so stiff, slow and had absolutely no control of the ball and was easily tackled each time. He looks slow and lacks any sort of confidence. I hate to say it but he's looking like the biggest waste of money ever.

Seriously what happened to him. I have never seen a more outrageous decline of talent since Ronaldinho and kaka. . . Torres of 5 years ago made defenders shit their pants. . now he looks totally clueless, sluggish and a shadow of his old self. I'm trying really hard to have faith in him but he's making it very difficult indeed for me.

Seriously what happened to him. I have never seen a more outrageous decline since Ronaldinho and kaka. . . Torres of 5 years ago made defenders shit their pants. . now he looks totally clueless, sluggish and a shadow of his old self. I'm trying really hard to have faith in him but he's making it very difficult indeed for me.

He's had some serious knee and groin injuries in the last few years. It's exactly like the Shevchenko transfer, we've bought a player that is losing it physically. He was never a technical footballer and always had a pretty bad first touch. But he was quick, sharp and very mobile and he just doesn't have that anymore.

And I'm watching the Copa America final now and you should see how brilliantly Suarez is playing and he cost less than half of Torres! :(

He tries to prove himself too hard. Taking on 3 defenders at once pretty much shows his desire to prove himself, I remember 3 situations at least when he had 3-4 defenders on him like mosquitos and he didn't even think of passing. The problem seems to be psychological, because as it has been repeated, class just doesn't desert a player. Hopefully he will start firing soon, or the lack of confidence carries on into the beginning of season, which won't be good for him.

He's had some serious knee and groin injuries in the last few years. It's exactly like the Shevchenko transfer, we've bought a player that is losing it physically. He was never a technical footballer and always had a pretty bad first touch. But he was quick, sharp and very mobile and he just doesn't have that anymore.

And I'm watching the Copa America final now and you should see how brilliantly Suarez is playing and he cost less than half of Torres! :(

I look forward to the day Roman and Gourlay would leave all transfer matters and decisions to the manager. . . no forward thinking manager with an ounce of common sense would have even thought about purchasing an injury prone player that's showing signs of decline.

meanwhile where will the goals come from next season. . .we can't continue to rely on Lampard anymore as he's gradually fading

I look forward to the day where Roman and Gourlay would leave all transfer matters and decisions to the manager. . . no forward thinking manager with an ounce of common sense would have even thought about purchasing an injury prone player that's showing signs of decline.

meanwhile where will the goals come from next season. . .we can't continue to rely on Lampard anymore as he's gradually fading

I was thinking recently imagine if we didn't waste 50m on him how many options we would have this summer?

I was thinking recently imagine if we didn't waste 50m on him how many options we would have this summer?

We should create a policy that prohibits the purchase of players who are "too injury prone" "showing signs of decline" and "lack excellent/great technical ability"

Without Torres we couldn't have change the shape of the team from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 because Ancelotti didn't trust in Sturridge. With 2 strikers and a support striker converted in a winger for 3 years at least, a young striker with potential but no confidence from his manager we wouldn't went far during the second part of the season. Who knows if we would have clinch at least the 4th spot for the CL without him ?

It's a global problem with Torres, his lack of form, fitness and confidence amplified by the deleterious climate at Loserpool didn't help him ; that's what he was prevented from making the difference on 2 or 3 yards... His overall moving without the ball was good.

I can't think that the Torres vs ManU in February or at Copenhagen is over, give him time, it's illogical to judge on only 6 months for such a big signing...

Without Torres we couldn't have change the shape of the team from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 because Ancelotti didn't trust in Sturridge. With 2 strikers and a support striker converted in a winger for 3 years at least, a young striker with potential but no confidence from his manager we wouldn't went far during the second part of the season. Who knows if we would have clinch at least the 4th spot for the CL without him ?

It's a global problem with Torres, his lack of form, fitness and confidence amplified by the deleterious climate at Loserpool didn't help him ; that's what he was prevented from making the difference on 2 or 3 yards... His overall moving without the ball was good.

I can't think that the Torres vs ManU in February or at Copenhagen is over, give him time, it's illogical to judge on only 6 months for such a big signing...

The problem is since we signed him, he's never given us even a single game that is reminiscent of the "old Torres". when other world class player lose form temporarily, they still show glimpses of their true quality (Rooney, David Villa, Eto'o as references) which gives the fans a reason to believe and Torres has yet shown anything to suggest he might/could/will return to top form. 17 games of abysmal performances is simply unacceptable at any level