Everyone going English\British

Name me one English NT player (bar Rooney) who possesses the pedigree and temperament that is required in a team that plays 60+ competitive matches every season while being expected to feature in the race of every competition they enter into.

If you're talking about squad players though, I see your point.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name me one English NT player (bar Rooney) who possesses the pedigree and temperament that is required in a team that plays 60+ competitive matches every season while being expected to feature in the race of every competition they enter into.

Lampard, Terry, Ashley Cole. :whistling:

Guest Homer2Chelsea

Joe Hart.

Just no. Cech was the outstanding GK in the league last year, followed by VdS. And both teams had worse defences than City.

Yeah, by no means Hart was better than Cech or Van der Saar. I don't know which one from the two of them was the better, because they was both outstanding and really important for their team. But what is 100% sure, is that they were a class ahead of Hart.

For all your homegrown guys here i understand your interest in players from uk. personally i dont give a damn were they

come from, could be Greenland or whatever, as long as they can play ball.

Clubs are preparing themselves for the 6+5 rule.

This is probably why the price of a standard English player is 5X that you would play for a similar player from the continent.

Yes, I didnt thought Blatter could get anymore unpopular in uk, well he could. With all due respect its the foreigners that

make premier League that great.

Clubs are preparing themselves for the 6+5 rule.

This is probably why the price of a standard English player is 5X that you would play for a similar player from the continent.

That still being implemented? :lol:

That still being implemented? :lol:

No. Its not. FIFA gave up this stupid idea.

The price of the youth players has nothing to do with that. And besides Liverpool, the english clubs arent going "british".

The guy that created the topic said about Young and Parker to prove "everyone" is going english.

MU main target in the summer is Sneijder, We are trying Modric, Arsanal is with Gervinho, MU wanted Nasri...

No. Its not. FIFA gave up this stupid idea.

The price of the youth players has nothing to do with that. And besides Liverpool, the english clubs arent going "british".

The guy that created the topic said about Young and Parker to prove "everyone" is going english.

MU main target in the summer is Sneijder, We are trying Modric, Arsanal is with Gervinho, MU wanted Nasri...

No Henrique, I wasnt prooving anything. I was jus referring to the summer purchases made by clubs... phil Jones, Henderson, Caroll, Downing, Charlie Adam, Young, Parker. Unlike previous years where no top club was looking at them. they were left for clubs fighting relegation.

All I was saying is that they are trying to increase their squad members with English/British players.

No Henrique, I wasnt prooving anything. I was jus referring to the summer purchases made by clubs... phil Jones, Henderson, Caroll, Downing, Charlie Adam, Young, Parker. Unlike previous years where no top club was looking at them. they were left for clubs fighting relegation.

All I was saying is that they are trying to increase their squad members with English/British players.

Liverpool and Manchester always had more british players than Arsenal and Chelsea.

In past years Msnchester bought Rooney, Owen, Carrick. We bought Sturridge 2 years ago. This kind of move is normal. Besides Liverpool, I dont see a change in the flux of english players in top clubs.

Liverpool and Manchester always had more british players than Arsenal and Chelsea.

In past years Msnchester bought Rooney, Owen, Carrick. We bought Sturridge 2 years ago. This kind of move is normal. Besides Liverpool, I dont see a change in the flux of english players in top clubs.

To add,

Homegrown doesn't necessarily have to be British, according to the UEFA and FA guidelines, and we and Arsenal seem to have set ourselves to exploit this rule by buying players from abroad around the 18 year mark, like Lukaku.

Liverpool are making a huge mistake. A crap British team loses to a crap continental team. A good british team loses to a good continental team and so on. If you're gonna fill the team with British based players, you're going to get dominated in possession in nearly every match you play with a team filled with a mix of good players. It hurts me to say being English but technically we aint the best and we're not gonna dominate matches against good technical sides so you have to mix things up.

Liverpool are spending a hell of a lot of money on shit and they will not win anything with this squad. Suarez is quality but who else really? They may win the odd domestic cup but if they qualify for the UCL, they are in for a hell of a shock with this squad. They might even get humiliated next season by a decent portuguese/dutch side.

You have to mix it up to challenge to be the best. Carrol, Henderson, Downing, Adam.... They've spend about £80m on that team and it's mid table at best. Adam being the best and by far the cheapest.

At least if we get Scotty he's a really good squad player that would suit us in many ways. Liverpool are just losing the plot. I fear for them but in a good way. Dalglish thinks he's still managing a team in the 80's. Times have changed you stupid (Bleep).