Our next generation?

Tomo

Had this conversation on twitter with a user that goes by the name shedbar about our 15 year old's in our youth academy, ive RT all to me aswel so you can see it properly, read it from the bottom up (ignoring a couple of my random tweets in there lol) about that age group at our club.

I wont get too overexcited as it is "only twitter" but if whats being said is true we sure have a bright future indeed and true or no i thought id share it with the fellow blues off the forum

Links wont work but here is my twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Warren__9 read the conversation bet-ween me and shedbar, its easy too because ive RT'd all their comments to me :)

KTBFFHblue%20scalf.gif

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our young age groups have been very dominant in the tournaments that they have entered recently. We have made massive strides as an academy and that will just continue, expect some very very good young players to be showing up in the youths soon including this year (although most have already played last year). The only thing we need to do is bridge the gap between youth and first team and we are sorted...

Our young age groups have been very dominant in the tournaments that they have entered recently. We have made massive strides as an academy and that will just continue, expect some very very good young players to be showing up in the youths soon including this year (although most have already played last year). The only thing we need to do is bridge the gap between youth and first team and we are sorted...

I hope you're right EW, having played to a level myself & have played with some ex pro's (one for 5 seasons) I played with & against some very promising young players who didn't go onto make it & the main reason for that is some coach's don't know talent when it stares them in the face! I'm currently spending time with a young relative of mine who is at a Championship Club & it drives me nuts when they are concentrating on strength & physique instead of nurturing smaller lads with technique. Barca have shown the way, I hope our coach's are on the same wavelength? If they are then we won't need to spend large sums on transfers every season, that's taking it for granted we have the talent in out youth teams?

I hope you're right EW, having played to a level myself & have played with some ex pro's (one for 5 seasons) I played with & against some very promising young players who didn't go onto make it & the main reason for that is some coach's don't know talent when it stares them in the face! I'm currently spending time with a young relative of mine who is at a Championship Club & it drives me nuts when they are concentrating on strength & physique instead of nurturing smaller lads with technique. Barca have shown the way, I hope our coach's are on the same wavelength? If they are then we won't need to spend large sums on transfers every season, that's taking it for granted we have the talent in out youth teams?

Look at our FA Youth cup squad last season and you will see the way the club are going, we focus on the technical aspect of the player first for sure. And all down the levels of the club we are trying to produce the technically gifted players. PHysicality counts for nothing once they reach 19/20 and things even out and then the more technical players overtake the ones who have dominated physically. If you are only interested in results you will play a physically stronger team at youth level like a lot of clubs do (even Arsenal at the moment) but if you look at our results last season in the Youth league and the number of schoolboys we fielded it is clear we are more focused on the development of our players.

From having kept a close eye on the younger age groups below the u18s. i can say that it looks like we have and are making giant strides development wise. 1 thing i know for definete is that we seem to be pushing the players through quicker. For example Loftus Cheek who was still u15 last season got his debut in the u18s.

Another good indication is the fact that the academy trophy cabinet is now filled to the brim with international youth trophies.

Look at our FA Youth cup squad last season and you will see the way the club are going, we focus on the technical aspect of the player first for sure. And all down the levels of the club we are trying to produce the technically gifted players. PHysicality counts for nothing once they reach 19/20 and things even out and then the more technical players overtake the ones who have dominated physically. If you are only interested in results you will play a physically stronger team at youth level like a lot of clubs do (even Arsenal at the moment) but if you look at our results last season in the Youth league and the number of schoolboys we fielded it is clear we are more focused on the development of our players.

My apologies EW but I don't get the time to watch our youth teams or am I up to speed with their development. It's interesting that you have noted Arsenal though, as I thought they got it spot on with Wilshere he was given the time to flourish technically despite being small & frail as a teenager but the last 18 months or so he has filled out - this for me is exactly what I would be encouraging & most definitely the way forward imho. I hope the coaching staff at Chelsea use this for MacEachran as I see huge talent in this lad but needs time to fill out, the fact he is still at Chelsea proves they are getting something right but what worries me is we havn't produced enough young talent already despite a huge investment (albeit there are some legitimate reasons) I hope the next 3 to 5 years are far more productive than the previous ones under Arneson.

I mentioned Barca because they lead the way, somebody & not just our club but England would also benefit, we really need to take the time to study their methods, ask the questions on how we can improve our coaching to young players & also the coach's themselves would learn something.

I use the under 21's as an example, the Spanish lads seem to have time on the ball, always looking for that pass, never afraid to make a mistake & seem so comfortable in possession, were as our lot were devoid of ideas lost without a Wilshere or a MacEachran. These are the sort of players I would like us as club to start producing with the focus on coaching being similar to Barca's for our future young players.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Conor Clifford no training with the first team? I've seen a few videos of them training since they came back but no sign of him? He was training with the first team last year...hes hardly back with the reserves?