The Betting Thread

Ollie

Couldn't of been any further away from a win on the coupons last night.

FML :rant:

Atletico and Benfica done me over

Every season I wonder how I've done betting wise if I'm up or down, so I've created a spreadsheet this year to track my bets.

So far:

Total Bet £274.84 Total Won £496.84 Total Profit £222.00

Not bad...

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atletico and Benfica done me over

Every season I wonder how I've done betting wise if I'm up or down, so I've created a spreadsheet this year to track my bets.

So far:

Total Bet £274.84 Total Won £496.84 Total Profit £222.00

Not bad...

That's good, I dare not do mine. Atletico and Cardiff fucked me over.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few £2 accys on tonight's football.....and also a winning ways coupon with both teams to score and one team to win returning over £1200. Mixed other bets up with some of the Championship games on too......

Here is hoping, but my luck has been poor lately.

• 3 weeks later...

I write previews for myself to focus my thought process so will share this here:

Liverpool host league undefeated league leaders Chelsea at a bad time when they have won just 2 from their last 6 league games and have only managed 2 clean sheets in their opening 10 league games however they have not conceded more than 1 goal in their home games. First choice striker Daniel Sturridge remains out through injury and Liverpool are struggling to create clear cut chances against mid table teams now that Raheem Sterling is being isolated by the opposing teams defences.
Chelsea are scoring an average of 2.6 goals per match and look unstoppable but while they have not kept a clean sheet away from home they have managed to keep things tight against the likes of both Manchester teams who both only scored once.
As Chelsea won both meetings last season in the league it was no surprise to see Liverpool field a weakened team midweek against Real Madrid with this game in mind. Ballotelli is starting to improve but he is nowhere near the standard of player that Liverpool hoped they had bought and unlike last season Liverpool are making very slow starts in their matches with almost no positive activity in the first half while Chelsea have been winning 60% of the time at the interval.
Chelsea dominated possession last weekend against QPR however they struggled to break down QPR's 5 man midfield who were set up extremely defensively but Liverpool will allow Hazard and Fabregas much more freedom where they can do damage against a weak defense who are prone to mistakes. I expect Chelsea to resort to their usual tactic of a defensive display with lightening fast counter attacks away from home and this Liverpool team have been exposed by this strategy this season against Swansea, West Brom and West Ham.
Recommended Bet: Chelsea to win the first half 'draw no bet' - 1.65 Ladbrokes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Had an epic 16 match accumulator yesterday. £40 to win £8000.

Only one tennis match ruined it. Bacsinszky vs Makarova at Indian Wells. I took Makarova to win. She was 3-0 up in the decider with two breaks of service, but somehow managed to bottle it and ended up losing 4-6.

Thank God I don't have any anger-related issues, otherwise my room would be a mess now.