2010 Squad announced

Aria

In accordance with new Premier League rules for this season, a squad list has today been submitted. The squad can be up to 25 players and if the full 25 are named, eight must be classed as 'home-grown'. A reduced squad can be submitted if a club does not have eight falling into that category.

A home-grown player is one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

In addition to the 25-man named squad, clubs can use an unlimited number of players aged 21 or under. An Under 21 player is defined as one who has been born on or after 1 January 1989.

These rules cover league games only.

Chelsea's submitted squad is (19 players)

1. CECH, Petr

2. IVANOVIC, Branislav

3. COLE, Ashley

5. ESSIEN, Michael

7. RAMIRES

8. LAMPARD, Frank

10. BENAYOUN, Yossi

11. Drogba, Didier

12. MIKEL, John Obi

15. MALOUDA, Florent

17. BOSINGWA, Jose

18. ZHIRKOV, Yury

19. FERREIRA, Paulo

21. KALOU, Salomon

22. TURNBULL, Ross

26. TERRY, John

33. ALEX

39. ANELKA, Nicolas

40. HILARIO, Henrique

Our Under 21 players who currently have a squad number are (6 players):

23. STURRIDGE, Daniel

38. VAN AANHOLT, Patrick

43. BRUMA, Jeffrey

44. KAKUTA, Gael

45. BORINI, Fabio

46. McEACHRAN, Josh

Only in exceptional circumstances can the squad be changed before the January transfer window, apart from the addition of players not under contract to another club.

http://www.chelseafc...2142168,00.html

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In accordance with new Premier League rules for this season, a squad list has today been submitted. The squad can be up to 25 players and if the full 25 are named, eight must be classed as 'home-grown'. A reduced squad can be submitted if a club does not have eight falling into that category.

A home-grown player is one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

In addition to the 25-man named squad, clubs can use an unlimited number of players aged 21 or under. An Under 21 player is defined as one who has been born on or after 1 January 1989.

These rules cover league games only.

Chelsea's submitted squad is (19 players)

1. CECH, Petr

2. IVANOVIC, Branislav

3. COLE, Ashley

5. ESSIEN, Michael

7. RAMIRES

8. LAMPARD, Frank

10. BENAYOUN, Yossi

11. Drogba, Didier

12. MIKEL, John Obi

15. MALOUDA, Florent

17. BOSINGWA, Jose

18. ZHIRKOV, Yury

19. FERREIRA, Paulo

21. KALOU, Salomon

22. TURNBULL, Ross

26. TERRY, John

33. ALEX

39. ANELKA, Nicolas

40. HILARIO, Henrique

Our Under 21 players who currently have a squad number are (6 players):

23. STURRIDGE, Daniel

38. VAN AANHOLT, Patrick

43. BRUMA, Jeffrey

44. KAKUTA, Gael

45. BORINI, Fabio

46. McEACHRAN, Josh

Only in exceptional circumstances can the squad be changed before the January transfer window, apart from the addition of players not under contract to another club.

http://www.chelseafc...2142168,00.html

small in numbers ,,big in physique ..massive in talent ..

a lean mean scoring machine

dont be enigmatic say what you think ..

I think our squad is too small to challenge on all 4(!) fronts,in my opinion we'll ultimately regret it.

And Barcelona has won the Champions' League, La Liga with pratically 15 players (or less)....

I maybe hugely biased against the La Liga but the EPL is much harder and requires a better squad than the Spanish league which is basically a two horse race.

I doubt that if this squad is too small for us ... since , we have not enough professional CB right now.. ??carloeyebrow.jpegcarloeyebrow.jpeg

Anyway, look at the bright side. I am glad to see Kakuta and McEachran play in first team... that will be awesomeemo4.gifemo4.gifemo4.gif

PS,, It just keeps bugging me why they keep Bruma in this squad, but not an experienced one like Mancieneexcl.gif

I see what you're saying mate, we were ravaged by injury in 2006/07 and that was with a similar-sized squad. However, I don't think we can be so unlucky again with injuries!

And finished with the double :D

Chances of loosing both goalies in the same game in similar ways...gotta be slim..we hope!

I maybe hugely biased against the La Liga but the EPL is much harder and requires a better squad than the Spanish league which is basically a two horse race.

Of course, it was just an exemple.

I want mean, if they can do it with 15 players, we can do it with 20 players ! See what i mean ?

We shouldn't blame luck if something similar happens this season,we're not gooners and this is a calculated risk that we're taking.

people have been complaining for years we werent giving young players a chance ,,,now carlo intends to ,,,,and of course its wrong ...

seems some people are never pleased

Of course, it was just an exemple.

I want mean, if they can do it with 15 players, we can do it with 20 players ! See what i mean ?

I do but I think you can't compare the two situations due to the difference of the leagues and the squads.

people have been complaining for years we werent giving young players a chance ,,,now carlo intends to ,,,,and of course its wrong ...

Don't see how having a tiny squad is going to help Kakuta's chances in the team.We're not the first team trying to bring through young players and it's certainly possible without handicapping your squad depth.

seems some people are never pleased
That is my friend the nature of man ;)

I do but I think you can't compare the two situations due to the difference of the leagues and the squads.

Don't see how having a tiny squad is going to help Kakuta's chances in the team.We're not the first team trying to bring through young players and it's certainly possible without handicapping your squad depth.That is my friend the nature of man ;)

that might be your nature now ,,,but when you mature you may find life more satisfying ,,,one would hope so