Alex

Milan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love Alex, I think Ancelotti prefers Ivanovic to both he and Carvalho, afterall he did try to sign him at Milan. If they offered in the region of £15 million I think we should accept it. He's a brilliant player but I think we have enough cover at CB - Terry, Ivanovic, Carvalho and Mancienne is adequate to say the least!

As much as I love Alex, I think Ancelotti prefers Ivanovic to both he and Carvalho, afterall he did try to sign him at Milan. If they offered in the region of £15 million I think we should accept it. He's a brilliant player but I think we have enough cover at CB - Terry, Ivanovic, Carvalho and Mancienne is adequate to say the least!

Yeah i agree if they get the right price for him they should take it

15 million? for a 26 yr old cracking defender? in this inflated market? for a club who we can milk for as much cash as we want?

Man City tried to pay 18-29 million for Lescott.

21million. Take it or leave.

15 million? for a 26 yr old cracking defender? in this inflated market? for a club who we can milk for as much cash as we want?

Man City tried to pay 18-29 million for Lescott.

21million. Take it or leave.

Yeah agree. Alex should be around Lescott's price.

Chelsea have turned down an £18 million bid from Real Madrid for Alex, the Brazil defender. José Mourinho, the West London club’s former manager, also vented his frustration at Chelsea yesterday over their stance in transfer negotiations with Inter Milan, his present club.

Manuel Pellegrini, the Real coach, had identified Alex as the defensive linchpin of a new-look team, but Chelsea dismissed the offer out of hand, mindful that Guus Hiddink, last season’s interim coach who has worked with Alex at Stamford Bridge and PSV Eindhoven, described the 27-year-old as one of the best defenders in Europe.

It means that, while Chelsea may have experienced difficulties in strengthening their squad this summer, with Andrea Pirlo indicating that he will see out his career with AC Milan, they have at least managed to resist offers for all three of their central defenders. In addition to Real’s interest in Alex, Manchester City — Europe’s other big spenders this summer — briefly believed that they would succeed with an audacious bid to sign John Terry, while Inter were unable to meet Chelsea’s valuation for Ricardo Carvalho.

It was the unsuccessful bid to lure Carvalho and Deco, the Portugal players, from Chelsea that led Mourinho to accuse his former employers yesterday of inflating their asking prices when it came to negotiating with his new club. Despite attempts to sign Carvalho, Deco, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba since being appointed Inter coach last summer, Mourinho has yet to succeed in bringing any of his former charges to Italy, although it is worth wondering whether his goodwill towards Chelsea may have been tempered by the arrival at Stamford Bridge of Carlo Ancelotti, the former AC Milan coach, with whom he had a hostile relationship last season.

“To be fair about Deco, I feel it’s very difficult for a Chelsea player to come to me,” Mourinho said in a press conference in Beijing, where Inter will play Lazio in the Italian Super Cup tomorrow. “Every time I’m interested in one of their players, it looks quite different. In the summer we were told he was almost free to come. Two weeks later, when they know Inter are interested, it goes [from] zero to €5 million and for Carvalho from five [million] to 15 [million].”

Mourinho’s version of events corresponds with Galatasaray’s belief that Chelsea were desperate to offload Deco when the Turkish club inquired about him two weeks ago, but, with Inter having since signed Thiago Motta from Genoa, the Portugal midfield player expects to stay at Chelsea. Carvalho is also preparing for another season in London, with Mourinho having signed Lucio, the Brazil defender, from Bayern Munich. Inter have also brought in Samuel Eto’o from Barcelona with Zlatan Ibrahimovic moving in the opposite direction.

As for Chelsea, Ancelotti’s plans suffered a setback when Pirlo announced this week that he plans to stay in Milan for the remainder of his career. With Xabi Alonso, the former Liverpool midfield player, now with Real Madrid and with Bayern still refusing to sell the unsettled Franck Ribéry, it means that Chelsea’s top targets are eluding them, although a glimmer of hope remains over Sergio Agüero, the Atlético Madrid prodigy.

Chelsea indicated in June that they were prepared to break the British transfer record by paying up to £45 million for Agüero, the 21-year-old Argentina forward, but their interest cooled after they learnt from his agent, José Seguí, that he was demanding a weekly salary of £100,000 net.

Intermediaries have since given encouragement that a deal may be possible, but Chelsea remain cautious about their prospects of pulling off a deal that would increase their firepower while also bringing down the average age of the team.

Thats how the market works. When there is a demand, defintely there is a incrase in price.  :rolleyes:

I am suprised that RM tabled a bid of 18m for Alex....this would be interesting.

Alex had a fantastic season last season. And right now i would be more comfortable with him partnering JT than Carvalho. We shouldn't be even considering letting our better players go and Alex is one of our better players.

• 1 month later...
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is ready make a shock move for Chelsea defender Alex as he bids to boost his defensive options at Anfield.

TheBrazil international is out of contract at Stamford Bridge next summerand, as a free agent, is attracting a number of high-profile clubs.

Sportsmail understands that the 27-year-old wants a longer deal than the two-year extention offered by Chelsea.

Leaving on a free could be lucrative, with suitors ready to increase his £30,000-a-week deal.

Hisplace in the Chelsea team is also by no means assured, with CarloAncelotti getting success with a partnership of John Terry and RicardoCarvalho at the heart of his defence, while Branislav Ivanovic has alsobeen given opportunites.

Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Juventus,Lyon and Real Madrid are among other clubs linked with the former PSVEindhoven player, who is currently out with a groin injury.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1212694/Liverpool-boss-Rafa-Benitez-set-swoop-Chelsea-defender-Alex-free.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0QnrZuYPp

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You