Injury Latest - Terry, Sturridge & Romeu out injured.

BlueLion.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cechs out for tommrow

Luiz Felipe Scolari has ruled goalkeeper Petr Cech out of the Hull City game on Saturday due to a back injury.

'In the game against Liverpool some player kicked him in the back, he completed the game, but after this he feels a lot of pain and it is impossible to play tomorrow, and I think with the national team on Wednesday,' said the manager, who confirmed Hilario will deputise.

'I believe in Hilario because he is a very good goalkeeper, it is not a problem for us. I have a good squad and I believe in all the players, it is not a problem.'

Edited by Laylabelle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Salomon Kalou is likely to be ruled out after the Ivorian forward hurt his ankle in a friendly with Manchester City in midweek. Michael Ballack and Juliano Belletti are also doubtful as they are suffering from flu.

• 3 months later...
Injured Chelsea winger Yuri Zhirkov has dismissed speculation that he needs surgery on his right knee.

The Russian has missed the start of the Blues' Premier League campaign because of a knee injury aggravated on the club's pre-season tour of America.

Reports in his home country have suggested Zhirkov, who switched to the Blues in an £18million transfer from CSKA Moscow in the summer, needs surgery to cure the problem.

But the winger, who turned 26 on Thursday, hopes to resume training in the next few days, although he is unlikely to be in contention for a return to competitive action until Chelsea's clash with Burnley on 29th August.

Not reality

He said: "I don't know who spread these rumours, but they don't correspond to reality.

"My condition has improved and the doctors say that in two or three days I will be able to return to training, although not fully. I'll work on an individual programme.

"I was feeling pain and noticeably limping when running, but now that's behind me. I just need to tone up the leg."

Sky Sports

Joe Cole will return to full-scale training at Chelsea next week.

Cole, 27, has not played since rupturing cruciate ligaments in an FA Cup tie at Southend in January. He suffered a setback in pre-season and needed another small operation but is now ready to fight for a place in Carlo Ancelotti's team.

Cole's team-mate Paulo Ferreira, who injured cruciate ligaments in training in February, also expects to return to training next week.

tribalfootball.com