test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OhForAGreavsie

Chelsea Women Discussion Thread

Started by OhForAGreavsie,

A thread in which to discuss news and opinions regarding Chelsea Football Club Women's Team.

There is a Women's section in the Players' Lounge which is provided for comment about individual members of the CFCW squad, but this topic can be used for more general content.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is everyone aware that Chelsea Women are playing Tottenham Hotspur Women in the opening fixture of the new WSL season? The game takes place at Stamford Bridge on Sunday 8th September. The club has said that they are expecting an attendance of 41,000 and all tickets were allocated some weeks ago. Yesterday however it was announced that there had been some returns so more tickets are on offer.

This seems a perfect opportunity for anyone who has never seen Chelsea Women play, to take in a game.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/08/27/tickets-available-for-chelsea-women-vs-tottenham-at-stamford-bri

Vesper and Fulham Broadway like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Stunning strike !

I LOVE our womens team!!!  :wub:

One of my biggest regrets in life was my massive growth spurt at 13, 14 years old (went from 1.70m or so to 1.83m in a little over a year and a half)  that fucked up my knees and forced me out of footie (not that my scrawny arse could have coped with higher level balling)

 

Fulham Broadway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Vesper said:

I LOVE our womens team!!!  :wub:

One of my biggest regrets in life was my massive growth spurt at 13, 14 years old (went from 1.70m or so to 1.83m in a little over a year and a half)  that fucked up my knees and forced me out of footie (not that my scrawny arse could have coped with higher level balling)

 

That's tall for a fourteen year old girl ! 6ft in old money. I was the same height, attaining 187cm, hence played in defence mostly -but always saw myself a s midfield general :P

Vesper and Iggy Doonican like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That's tall for a fourteen year old girl ! 6ft in old money. I was the same height, attaining 187cm, hence played in defence mostly -but always saw myself a s midfield general :P

I am the shortie of my family, my father and brothers are all near or just over 2 metres and my mum is 1.90m or so. I looked like a baby giraffe after my spurt, roflmaooo. Still am all legs.

Fulham Broadway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That's tall for a fourteen year old girl ! 6ft in old money. I was the same height, attaining 187cm, hence played in defence mostly -but always saw myself a s midfield general :P

6ft 1 me I played for a couple of teams at CF a five a side team at centre back and when I got to old and wheezy went in goal for my pub team.

Vesper and Fulham Broadway like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

6ft 1 me I played for a couple of teams at CF a five a side team at centre back and when I got to old and wheezy went in goal for my pub team.

Had a game couple of years ago, we played all afternoon for about two and a half hours. I couldn't get out of the car when got home -seriously seized up, and couldn't walk the next day :D

Iggy Doonican and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Had a game couple of years ago, we played all afternoon for about two and a half hours. I couldn't get out of the car when got home -seriously seized up, and couldn't walk the next day :D

One thing I have noticed recently or maybe it's been going on for years, the very first competitive game for my school team in the mid 70's from the kick off you were told you always had to pass the ball forward and from a goal kick you couldn't pass to someone in the 18 yard box. When did the rules change?. I bet there's a lot of fans on here who are to young to remember that the keeper could pick the ball up from a backpass.:)

Fulham Broadway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

One thing I have noticed recently or maybe it's been going on for years, the very first competitive game for my school team in the mid 70's from the kick off you were told you always had to pass the ball forward and from a goal kick you couldn't pass to someone in the 18 yard box. When did the rules change?. I bet there's a lot of fans on here who are to young to remember that the keeper could pick the ball up from a backpass.:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

There were some earnest geeky looking guys going into SB for a womens game - and a bunch of guys coming out the pub started singing it at them. Totally un PC I know but so funny :D

Best chant I've heard of recently was believe it or not from those blockheads West Ham, Fulham who's fans have to be the poshest in London West Ham started singing '' Does your butler know your here ?'' :)

Fulham Broadway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.