test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

Last Film You Watched

Started by Fulham Broadway,

1,774 posts in this topic

A New Hope - 10/10

The Empire Strikes Back - 10/10

The Force Awakens - 9/10

Return of the Jedi - 8/10

Revenge of the Sith - 8/10

The Phantom Menace - 7/10

Attack of the Clones - 6/10

The new film is fucking outstanding.

Why would it be feminist? So Die Hard is a male chauvinistic movie? If a movie has a female protagonist it instantly becomes feminist? Male hero, female hero, whatever. A good film is a good film, a bad one is a bad one.

die hard always had a male protagonist

Alien always had a female protagonist => not feminist

mad max had a male protagonist, they remade it with a female one => forced feminism

star wars had a male protagonist, they remade it with a female one => forced feminism

Just got from cinema. Watched Star Wars, forgot that we are playing today! That black guy from movie looks like Zouma :D

lol

I thought I was the only one.

Star Wars 6/10

a female Luke Skywalker

after we had a female Mad Max

next up: the female Ghostbusters

hold on to your butts folks

Can't wait for a female Ghostbusters. Female characters are usually more interesting than males,

Ray >>>>>>>>>>>>Luke

Furiosa>>>>>>>Mad Max

The world need more forced feminism!!

die hard always had a male protagonist

Alien always had a female protagonist => not feminist

mad max had a male protagonist, they remade it with a female one => forced feminism

star wars had a male protagonist, they remade it with a female one => forced feminism

I don't see why introducing a female protagonist in the star wars series would be a case of forced feminism. Contrary to Mad Max, Star Wars is not named after it's male protagonist so a female protagonist can easily be introduced without feeling forced.Nevertheless I understand your opinion cause I think some of the scenes in the Force Awakens where a bit too obvious in their agenda: "Hey I am a woman and I can look out for myself, I don't need your help Zouma". But here the director is to blame not the introduction of female protaginist by itself. Imo it was done a lot better in the Mad Max movie actually.

Thought the Force Awakens was quite good though a bit overrated. It's far better than the horrible prequels and it does pay a good homage to the first films. But it was quite unoriginal in it's storyline and the bad guys where a bit meh. Typical JJ Abrahams, skilled director of the Spielberg-school, very polished but never too adventurous, always misssing that something more. Nevertheless a good start to the new series, 7/10.

I don't see why introducing a female protagonist in the star wars series would be a case of forced feminism. Contrary to Mad Max, Star Wars is not named after it's male protagonist so a female protagonist can easily be introduced without feeling forced.Nevertheless I understand your opinion cause I think some of the scenes in the Force Awakens where a bit too obvious in their agenda: "Hey I am a woman and I can look out for myself, I don't need your help Zouma". But here the director is to blame not the introduction of female protaginist by itself. Imo it was done a lot better in the Mad Max movie actually.

Thought the Force Awakens was quite good though a bit overrated. It's far better than the horrible prequels and it does pay a good homage to the first films. But it was quite unoriginal in it's storyline and the bad guys where a bit meh. Typical JJ Abrahams, skilled director of the Spielberg-school, very polished but never too adventurous, always misssing that something more. Nevertheless a good start to the new series, 7/10.

they could have had a Star Wars movie with a female lead at any time, but they never did it until now, a time in which it's very hip to do so, a time in which suddenly making politically correct movies seems to be the new thing

you think that's just a coincidence?

they could have had a Star Wars movie with a female lead at any time, but they never did it until now, a time in which it's very hip to do so, a time in which suddenly making politically correct movies seems to be the new thing

you think that's just a coincidence?

Sorry but your logic is incredibly stupid. Seriously, its flat out dumb!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens. 8.5/10

Pretty amazing and impressive, especially the visuals and the battle scenes and I love BB-8! :wub: Thought Kylo Ren and General Hux were a tad generic as villains though.

On a slightly different note, is it wrong that I find Jabba The Hutt to be an adorable creature? :lol:

A New Hope - 10/10

The Empire Strikes Back - 10/10

The Force Awakens - 9/10

Return of the Jedi - 8/10

Revenge of the Sith - 8/10

The Phantom Menace - 7/10

Attack of the Clones - 6/10

The new film is fucking outstanding.

the bad guy in the new one was a let down he looked like a nerd that got bullied in school apart that it was a good show

the bad guy in the new one was a let down he looked like a nerd that got bullied in school apart that it was a good show

I loved the new bad guy. Conflicted and crazed. It's how Anakin should have been portrayed.

the wes likes this

On 01/01/2016 at 0:45 PM, BlueLion said:

I loved the new bad guy. Conflicted and crazed. It's how Anakin should have been portrayed. 

Having a decent actor helped!!

Cool Runnings 8/10.Love this film..good hangover cure and just happy