Sandro Tonali

the wes

Best under 21yo Italian MF, looks to be a regista type. Great  buy if we can pull it off.

Only under 25yo Italian MF's I rate above him atm are (and Tonali has potential to be better than all of them, and any of these  below are already Chelsea level players, or close in Pellegrini and Mondragora's cases)

Bryan Cristante of Atalanta (on loan at Roma, for a fee of €5 million with a compulsory purchase option for an additional €15 million and a further €10 million in performance-related bonuses, an absolute STEAL) (love him, perfect Kovacic replacement, if we lose him back to Real, although I would prefer a move for Frenkie de Jong)

Roberto Gagliardini of Inter

Nicolò Barella of Cagliari

Lorenzo Pellegrini of Roma

and another one I really wish we would take a look at...... Rolando Mandragora (yet another Genoa find), a 21yo whom Juve just sold for €20 million to Udinese, PLUS he is already a favorite of mine AFTER THIS LOLOLOL >>>

Italy midfielder Ronaldo Mandragora banned for insulting Virgin Mary

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/football/article/italy-midfielder-ronaldo-mandragora-banned-for-insulting-virgin-mary/276937

Rome: Italian international Rolando Mandragora has been banned for one Serie A game after making "blasphemous remarks" during his team Udinese's 1-0 win over Sampdoria at the weekend. The 21-year-old midfielder was caught on television shouting an insult to the Virgin Mary, while also referring to God as a dog.

The 21-year-old's "blasphemous expressions" went unnoticed by officials during the match, leading to a review by the Lega Serie A. The Italian FA said Mandragora was "clearly seen ... to make blasphemous remarks, visibly identifiable from reading his lips without any margin for reasonable doubt."

They acknowledged the Italian international was "cursing without addressing any of those present". In Italy, blasphemy is considered among the worst forms of swearing and the former Juventus midfielder will miss next Sunday's Serie A game against Fiorentina, the Lega Serie A confirmed.

:)

Image result for god is a dog:D

Chelsea are battling with Internazionale, Roma and Sampdoria for Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali, who has been dubbed "the new Pirlo" due to his playmaking skills and shabby haircut, according to Calciomercato.

Brescia rejected two bids from Roma and Sampdoria worth around €12m (£10.5m) in the summer with Chelsea prepared to go as high as €20m (£17.5m) for the 18-year-old. But Inter plan to make an approach in January and then loan the midfielder back to Brescia for 18 months.

• 4 weeks later...

Kid gets his first call up. Looks and plays so much like Pirlo its freaky. He would be a wonderful purchase, expensive but fits with our philosophy of buy them young. If we manage to continue with Sarri for a few years this kid could develop beautifully next to Ampadu/CHO/RLC/Mount. Especially since we seem to be lacking this style of player in the academy and in our older ranks. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Huge miss if we do not get him. Instead Sarri is chasing RB Hysaj (when LB is a massive weakness) and right-footed (when we need a left-footed RW) Pulisic who will cost well over £100m together.

Meanwhile nothing on the CF front that I can see either, other than gel hair offering himself pathetically to La Liga and Serie A.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Huge miss if we do not get him. Instead Sarri is chasing RB Hysaj (when LB is a massive weakness) and right-footed (when we need a left-footed RW) Pulisic who will cost well over £100m together.

Meanwhile nothing on the CF front that I can see either, other than gel hair offering himself pathetically to La Liga and Serie A.

Me iz the eternal optimist Mrs!

I think I'm in the minority with not minding if we sign Hysaj. Sarri knows him inside out and he must want him for a reason IF we do sign him. In Sarri I still trust.

I'll start moaning when the windows closed and IF we add more deadwood to our growing dead forest full.

33 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Me iz the eternal optimist Mrs!

I'll start moaning when the windows closed and IF we add more deadwood to our growing dead forest full.

I have literally no idea who we are really going after, if anyone. I do not see much happening, so will be pleasantly surprised if we make 2 or 3 bold moves.

I am already resigned to Eden leaving, I just hope we get something of value for him. As I predicted Barca has decided to not sell Demebele (well they will if you give them his 400m euro release clause! lolol).

The only true left wingers (so this rules out Messi, Salah)  near Eden (so replacement level) are

Kylian Mbappé (he only plays on the RW due to Neymar

Neymar

Ousmane Dembélé (eventually)

Leroy Sané (eventally)

CR7 (but only for a year or 2 max, and is already a bit diminished)

thats it and the last 3 are arguable atm (soon Ronaldo goes off list)

NONE of those 5 (and obviously not RW-ers Messi or Salah) are ever going to play for us, or at least not for YEARS and years.

Every other option at LW is massive drop-off, Asensio included.

We need to just cut our losses and accept we no longer will have a top 1, 2, or 3, or 4 player in world (other than Kante at DMF, but he will never play their under Sarri) for a good long time (barring a miracle Icardi buy) at any position. What we CAN have is a smartly put together young, athletic with a shit tonne of top 10 or 15 players with depth. We are nowhere near that and need to start pruning the old and the deadwood away damn quick, before these possible bans and bad losses (Eden and CHO, who I also think maybe or even probably leaves) truly sink us for years.

I do not see any moves in this direction. I have been in a funk every since we told Barca to take their £65m for Willian and piss off (and thus missed out on a 33m Malcom), plus didnt sell Morata for £60m and tried to extort £75m (which is MADNESS) from AC Milan (and thus didnt grab Icardi for only £98m in July), AND finally, when we didnt sell Luiz for £30m to PSG and immediately buy Thilo Kehrer (which PSG then did).

We shall see what happens. I will keep posting who I truly think are great targets, I just do not expect any to come here, at this point. Nicolas Pepe will end up my latest heartbreak, lol (and he even just said he DREAMS of playing for Chels on French national telly! FFS!)

PS

We so so dodged a bullet over SMS (not that we would have paid the 135m quid Lazio was demanding to one and all). He has looked like shit this year (1 goal, 1 assist in 19 games). I just watched him labour through a mid table loss to Atalanta. He was really poor.

Also, (and I own my mistakes) atm, Leon Bailey is also a disaster. His dodgy W.I. fam and biz managers have fucked up his head so bad. He looks a shadow atm. Maybe we could get him on the cheap and rehab his play (I really have faith in Sarri in terms of improving players). He is still really young and that whole Bayer Leverkusen team (other than Havertz and probably Tah and Wendell) is in a bad place atm, I think their manager, Heiko Herrlich, is doing a poor, poor job, given the crazy talent they have.

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

@Vesper if Eden leaves i would say it's almost certain we will break our transfer record replacing him, whether or not we get the replacement right however is another question.

With who? I just ran through the list of all wingers remotely in his class, and unless we drop £250m plus for Mbappe or £200m plus for Neymar (please NO), neither of which will happen, there isnt any out there. We will be damn lucky to get £100 to 125m for a 17 months and out of contract (10 months once we are in mid window in the summer) Eden.

Asensio is the only other one who is above the pack and below my elite true replacement level. Real MAY offer a straight swap. Zero chance they offer Asensio and another player (Kovacic). They will just wait and take him on a free or rape us 12 months from now and offer us some crazy low 60m or so offer when they really have our jacobs in the old holiday nutcracker.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Asensio is the only other one who is above the pack

I wanted Asensio last year as well as this but I would take Isco over him right now Mrs.

His goals/asists are higher than his with a lot less minutes.

All he needs is the right envirement and FEEL love,importance,be wanted! He would work out well here IMHO of course.

17 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I wanted Asensio last year as well as this but I would take Isco over him right now Mrs.

His goals/asists are higher than his with a lot less minutes.

All he needs is the right envirement and FEEL love,importance,be wanted! He would work out well here IMHO of course.

Isco for me would be a great signing but I have a feeling he is sort of a luxury player. Sometimes he looks amazing, under Zizou at the tip of a diamond particularly but hes been playing very very mixed since the summer. He has everything in his make up to be a truly world class 10 but I am not entirely sure in a team less gifted thans Reals he could be as decisive, in that MF diamond he had complete freedom.

• 3 weeks later...

JUVENTUS COOL THEIR INTEREST IN CHELSEA TARGET TONALI

https://readchelsea.com/2019/01/04/juventus-cool-their-interest-in-chelsea-target-tonali/

Chelsea’s hopes of landing Italian youngster Sandro Tonali have been boosted with the news that Juventus are set to cool their interest.

According to reports in Italy, Juventus have deemed Brescia’s asking price too high, despite the player’s obvious qualities and potential.

Tonali is being heavily linked with big-money moves away from the Serie B side after establishing himself as one of Italy’s most promising talents.

snip

Inter want him AND Nicolò Barella :(

Inter Legend Beccalossi: “I Would Sign Both Tonali & Barella”

https://sempreinter.com/2019/01/04/inter-legend-beccalossi-i-would-sign-both-tonali-barella/

Inter Keen On Tonali, Barella and Pellegrini

https://sempreinter.com/2018/11/22/inter-tonali-barella-and-pellegrini/

Inter and Juventus going after Italian talents such as Tonali, Chiesa and Barella

https://www.fedenerazzurra.net/news/2018/12/1/inter-and-juventus-going-after-italian-talents-such-as-tonali-chiesa-and-barella

Maurizio Sarri orders Chelsea scouts to watch Italy starlet Sandro Tonali

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/13/maurizio-sarri-orders-chelsea-scouts-to-watch-italy-starlet-sandro-tonali-8035433/

Maurizio Sarri urges Chelsea to sign Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/12/maurizio-sarri-urges-chelsea-sign-cagliari-midfielder-nicolo-barella-8236696/

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You