Rosenborg 0-4 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosenborg were suprisingly awful in the end from start to finish we had acres of space and time and totally dominated them from start to finish it was men against boys stuff out there tonight.The whole team performed well not that the defence or goal keeper had much to do.Drogba was fantastic as always as was Joe.Rosenborg could and should have shipped more, I'm not sure where their midfield was but it wasn't on the pitch and their defence was ripped apart with every play we did.Derby offered tought resistence at times at the weekend. Quite how they beat Valencia home and away just defies belief when you watched them tonight absolutely woeful.Easy win for Grant very comfortable and we are top of the group so job well done for everybody - players, manager and all the other coaching staff.

Edited by pluto

atmosphere was class.. good performance from us.. our attacking play and counter attacking was great with excellent pace..both Joe and SWP were good and DD as usual classMaka doing his solid job.. Ess deserved a goal.. so many shots.. keeper saved a lot of them wellthought Kalou was kinda poor when he came on.. his shooting is still not as good as what it can be.. he needs to improve on thatoverall a good performance and good result

Edited by captainmarvel

Now that was a quality performance, good to see us again taking it to a team. Pisses me off though the way that everyone says that Rosenborg were poor, yes they were but by the very definition of a 4 - 0 loss they were bound to be poor, when Arsenal, Man you or Liverpoo thump teams there is no talk about the opposition being poor. We played excellant.Lamps, Drogba and Joe Cole ran the show last night, all 3 of them were right on top of their game and it's a shame Frank didn't get a goal he deserved. It was great to see us keeping the pressure on from minute 1 to minute 90 and it could have EASILY been a hell of a lot more, and should have been with the chances we created.Now we have qualification secured and we can breathe a bit easier.

It was a dynamic performance, slick passing etc. Maybe we play better when it's cold :D Rosenborg gave up in midfield but our defence still looked shaky when they broke. Grant will be tested against sterner opposition -talking of which made me laugh to see him dressed ala Mourinho and apeing the same goal celebration. Difference being Mourinho was Aquascutum, Grant -Matalan.

It was a dynamic performance, slick passing etc. Maybe we play better when it's cold :D Rosenborg gave up in midfield but our defence still looked shaky when they broke. Grant will be tested against sterner opposition -talking of which made me laugh to see him dressed ala Mourinho and apeing the same goal celebration. Difference being Mourinho was Aquascutum, Grant -Matalan.
There has been a lot of talk about our defense being shakey all season, i agree it doesn't exactly look rock solid but the clean sheets speak for themselves and we wasn't REALLY troubled that much......It is going to take time to get the football more slick, but we have had some cracking games now and it can only get better.

There has been a lot of talk about our defense being shakey all season, i agree it doesn't exactly look rock solid but the clean sheets speak for themselves and we wasn't REALLY troubled that much......It is going to take time to get the football more slick, but we have had some cracking games now and it can only get better.
Definitely a better performance than Derby -there are some cracking games coming up as well Liverpool, Arse, Valencia and starting with West Ham. These could be tests of a different calibre.

Definitely a better performance than Derby -there are some cracking games coming up as well Liverpool, Arse, Valencia and starting with West Ham. These could be tests of a different calibre.
Valencia won't count, means nothing now.... but the other games should be crackers.

Well would still want to beat Valencia. Carlton Cole to score saturday ?? :lol: On last night I thought SWP had a sterling performance.
He did OK, wasn't invloved as much though, most of the play went down the Left with Cole..Would be typical for Carlton Cole to score past us. :)