test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

9. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

980 posts in this topic

Since day we sign Morata I knew Morata and hazard link up play would be better than Costa and hazard I like Costa but his link up play is crap with hazard I been saying from day one 

BluesMadLad likes this

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

I just can't imagine we'd look nearly as good had we bought Lukaku instead. Big Rom will score a bunch of goals this season but Morata is absolutely miles ahead of him as a footballer. He offers so much more. Morata doesn't completely rely on service. We saw up close a couple of weeks back how Rom looks when we staved him of service.

One man's backheel is the other man's first touch :D

(I still can't forgive myself for preferring Rom over Morata during the transfer window)

Imagine if we also had another player in our attack that's at Hazard & Morata's level instead of Willian and Pedro. Like say, Alexis Sanchez.

King11Didier likes this

Imagine if we also had another player in our attack that's at Hazard & Morata's level instead of Willian and Pedro. Like say, Alexis Sanchez.
We've been crying out for someone like that for years. Got Willian, Cuadrado & Pedro to an extent instead.

Mertens, Bale, Sanchez & Draxler could all be obtainable

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We've been crying out for someone like that for years. Got Willian, Cuadrado & Pedro to an extent instead.

Mertens, Bale, Sanchez & Draxler could all be obtainable

Mertens too old IMO, we need somone in the age around Eden and Morata to play together for couple years (hopefuly Eden stays). Bale is injured too much and too big risk considering his wages and fee Real would demand. I cant say about Draxler, he is sometimes good sometimes poor, but I dont watch him every week to judge. Sanchez IMO should be another pass. Frustrating player quite often and his tantrums at Arsenal, despite the team playing like shit, he is a professional and acts like a little girl everytime they are losingy a personality I wouldnt have here. 

We should go all in for either Dybala or Fekir, or maybe Lemar IMO. 

Mertens too old IMO, we need somone in the age around Eden and Morata to play together for couple years (hopefuly Eden stays). Bale is injured too much and too big risk considering his wages and fee Real would demand. I cant say about Draxler, he is sometimes good sometimes poor, but I dont watch him every week to judge. Sanchez IMO should be another pass. Frustrating player quite often and his tantrums at Arsenal, despite the team playing like shit, he is a professional and acts like a little girl everytime they are losingy a personality I wouldnt have here. 
We should go all in for either Dybala or Fekir, or maybe Lemar IMO. 
I would pass on Lemar but the other two are good options (Dybala would cost Pogba type of money, though). The problem would be accommodating either of them with our current set up, as neither would be content being second choice.

if only we still have KDB instead of will i am,,i'm fully happy...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

There is no better heading player in the world than Morata. I think he is even better than Ronaldo in this aspect. His goal against United was easily one of the best header goals I've ever seen.

the wes, Stats and The Skipper like this

I can't remember which header of his it was this season, but (apparently) 1 of them has been rated as the highest leap for a scored header in Premier League history. He is indeed special.

Could be #fakenews consider Ronaldo/Giroud have had some damn high jumps, and i'm struggling to find the source. We can believe, though.

Henrique and Stats like this

19 minutes ago, Leif said:

I can't remember which header of his it was this season, but 1 of them has been rated as the highest leap for a scored header in Premier League history. He is indeed special.

Most probably was Leicester. Was amazing they way he leaped over a tank of a defender like Morgan to score that.

Needless of Conte to bring Morata on against Qarabag. But since he did, that was a strange performance from Morata. Would think he would have played with big confidence given his recent form but ended up playing like Torres. Could and should have scored a few goals tonight. Hope he brings his A-game on Saturday!

If he was able to finish off those chances in front of goal with feet, he would be at around 15-20 goals in all comps by now.

He is quite shocking in 1v1 with feet, the fact he still scored so many goals hides that, but has to improve massively.

Games for now have been quite simple, since there was always next time to improve, but knockout stages will have two games and Morata will simply get that one chance and he needs to score or we will be in trouble. Though that can be solved eventualy if we bring another poacher and play 2 upfront in future seasons if it doesnt work out with Morata as lone striker.

Linkup and headers are amazing though, fantastic when it comes to that.