Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

12 hours ago, DYC. said:

Yo, respek Adebayor. He was a very talented striker and still had a nice career despite his stank attitude. Not the greatest goal-scorer but he was a target man, offered great physical presence with his speed, strength, mobility, duel strength (both over the ground and in the air) and also created chances for his team mates. He was like Drogba without the big game record.

He definitely had talent, for sure. You don't score close to 30 in a season in the PL if you don't. If he had Drogba's mentality he could've gone down as a great striker for sure. He had the perfect athleticism for a number 9. 

17 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

You realy cant point out that he scores against easy teams lol. He performed brilliantly in almost every juve game in CL, scoring against Real, Barca, Bayern, City,...

Drogba wasnt 30 goals a season striker either. Hardly was he even a clinical finisher in true meaning. But he had physical and technical skill. And he was intelligent. Always performed against top teams. 

His finish was never as good lets say Lewandowski or Suarez, but his allround skill still got him to high amount of goals almost every season. Which is same for Morata. 

He is hard worker, quick, skilled with great attitude. 

If we compare between Morata and Lewandowski, obviously everyone picks Lewa. But when we compare with Lukaku, Morata is better choice. 

If Lukaku guaranteed goals against any opponent ok, but he doesnt. He is poor against better opponents. And what else he offers beside goals? If Costa was better on ball, our attack would be twice as deadly. Lukaku is same like Costa with less anger issues but poor mentality against top teams.

Morata at least offers great linkup which would be very useful for Eden and Pedro/Sanchez. If he adds even more goals, he will be perfect for our system.

Im sure Conte prefers Morata. I have no doubt. But the board might go for Lukaku.

I will always rate players based on their attitude before talent. And Morata is miles ahead of Lukaku there.

I didn't say he scores only against easy teams. I'm talking about his record this season in particularly.  

I don't think Morata is miles ahead of Lukaku either. Most people on the forum just seem to still over-dislike Romelu. Technical ability isn't the only measure of talent. I think Lukaku's overall talent is better than Morata's, but each to their own. 

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I didn't say he scores only against easy teams. I'm talking about his record this season in particularly.  

I don't think Morata is miles ahead of Lukaku either. Most people on the forum just seem to still over-dislike Romelu. Technical ability isn't the only measure of talent. I think Lukaku's overall talent is better than Morata's, but each to their own. 

I prefer Morata as you know, but your point about technical ability not being the only measure of talent is spot on. I do think however that technique is the most reliable quality, and that it renders players who are blessed with it less erratic in their performances.

All players have good days, ordinary days and bad days. Players performing at the top table will always look great when they are on their game but those whose main strengths lay in areas other than technique, can produce truly horrible performances on their bad days. I cite Diego and Rom as examples of this. When those two are off their game, it can feel like they've swapped sides and their team is playing 10 against 12. On the other hand, a lad like Eden has many off days but on those days he just looks ordinary; he never gives the feeling that we'd be better off if he wasn't playing. Speaking personally, there are many days when I feel we'd be better off without Diego on the pitch and I know from social media that Everton fans sometimes feel the same way about Rom.

I've long held the view that our squad does not contain enough technical excellence. I really look forward to a day when that is no longer true. I think we all do.

20 goals this season having barely been given a start or a fighting chance. Costa-level figures, in a year where Costa starts every single game. & it's not like Villarreal, Seville, Sociedad, Celta Vigo etc. are easier to score against than Everton, Southampton, etc.

This wouldn't be an upgrade nor a downgrade but a sidestep IMO. A sidestep into getting similar results to this season, but with half the frustration.

What is certain is that we could bring in Messi for all we care, but we won't suddenly compete for both the league and the CL. We need more DEPTH and we need more quality ELSEwhere. Costa is half the problem that our other, weaker players are. At least he can go on a run of 5-10 games just bullying opponents. But usual suspects in our team can't string together 3 games. Our striker is an issue, but not the issue. We could still win everything there is to win with Costa.

I'm thinking that there has already been some sort of agreement between us and him. Everything is pointing towards it.

And with Cescy saying hes tried to talk Diego out of leaving that also seems a foregone conclusion.

So now do we use him as main striker or as Pedro upgrade and also bring in Lukaku?

That would be something I would give my left dangkey to see. Specially if Edens staying on. Stick Kyle Walker behind Morata with Dave behind and that side would be like lightning. Add a string technical CB on the left with a Alonso upgrade (not saying to lose the lad cause he needs to stay if we can keep him) with a Matic upgrade and we would be a big threat in Europe.Stripper_zps8sglb37j.gif

Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata has agreed terms with AC Milan ahead of a massive £52m deal, according to reports in Italy.

Morata has long been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu, after failing to pin down a place in Zinedine Zidane's starting XI.

And now it seems that Milan have managed to secure his signature, pending agreement from the Spanish club

If true, such a waste for any top player to go to either Milan club these days. Basically midtable mediocrity and almost no chance of pipping Juve, Roma, or even Napoli these days.

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata has agreed terms with AC Milan ahead of a massive £52m deal, according to reports in Italy.

Morata has long been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu, after failing to pin down a place in Zinedine Zidane's starting XI.

And now it seems that Milan have managed to secure his signature, pending agreement from the Spanish club

I don't believe it. 

Italian media has been very bad lately. 

Look at how much crap they was saying that Conte to Inter was done. 

To me if Morata leaves he will come to the PL. 

15 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

The heavens have heard my prayers. 

Literally no Real fan is gutted that Morata is going. 

Morata to Milan is just rumors. He is being currently being linked with United again.

If 100% tax on transfers is true in China as part of new regulation, then Costa is not going anywhere.

On 5/26/2017 at 1:55 PM, The Skipper said:

The heavens have heard my prayers. 

Literally no Real fan is gutted that Morata is going. 

Uhm...they were mad at Zidane for constantly starting Benzema who has been poor for some time now. They wanted Morata to start.

Him and Isco starting is what the fans wanted to see.