Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

eyebrows.gif

I just don't know if we need him.

If we do sign him, I really hope Drogba's content with a part-time role off the bench. While the rotation would be a good idea, i.e. playing Torres-Falcao, Drogba-Falcao or even Drogba-Torres.. Anelka & Kalou definitely have to leave. As we'd play 4-3-3 I'd imagine Sturridge will pretty much be in the starting line up on the wing/inside-forward role.

If we do sign him, I really hope Drogba's content with a part-time role off the bench. While the rotation would be a good idea, i.e. playing Torres-Falcao, Drogba-Falcao or even Drogba-Torres.. Anelka & Kalou definitely have to leave. As we'd play 4-3-3 I'd imagine Sturridge will pretty much be in the starting line up on the wing/inside-forward role.

Sturridge as wing/inside-forword is a good idea + Falcao & Torres.Drogba rotation With Falcao.

No, we don't really need him. But maybe, André Villas-Boas doesn't want to work with either Drogba, Torres or Sturridge... Or at least, he judges our strikers set isn't what he needs and wants some other profiles / kind of players..

If we continue to play 433 which is highly likely then ideally you want at least 2 players for each of the front three positions. As it stands:

Strikers: Drogba, Torres, Anelka, Sturridge, Kalou

Left-forward: Malouda

Right-forward: Nobody

Falcao makes no sense which is why it won't happen.

If we continue to play 433 which is highly likely then ideally you want at least 2 players for each of the front three positions. As it stands:

Left-forward: Malouda

Right-forward: Nobody

We are talking about Chelsea. Everything can happen.

Plus, only one striker that is untouchable right now: Torres.

The rest can be sold, like Didier and Anelka, or are squad players, like Sturridge.

If it was true We were trying Lukaku, it might be true We want Falcão.

We are talking about Chelsea. Everything can happen.

If Kalou and Anelka both leave and Sturridge is more of an option for the right-foward role then Falcao makes a tiny bit more sense but even then we would still have Drogba, Torres and Falcao for just one position because none of them will play anywhere else.

What needs to happen is both Kalou and Anelka leave and replace them with a left and right winger. The striker position is filled with Drogba and Torres for now.

It will make sense if you sell both Kalou and Anelka (and possibly Drogba), then if you bring in Falcao, he can be used in a rotation system with Torres and Sturridge, while Moutinho/Modric can be brought in as the playmaker, which, in my view would be a perfect balance.

Edited by CJ Revo

It will make sense if you sell both Kalou and Anelka (and possibly Drogba), then buying Falcao can be used in a rotation system with Torres and Sturridge, while Moutinho/Modric can be brought in as the playmaker, which, in my view would be a perfect balance.

But three players for one position when we still have no right winger and no competition for Malouda. So we would have one of £50m Torres or £30m Falcao on the bench while Kalou is still embarrassing us on the right-wing? Nobody wants that. That Falcao money needs to be spent on a right-winger.

But three players for one position when we still have no right winger and no competition for Malouda.

At the moment, we have Yuri Zhirkov competing for Malouda, which my view he should be winning because he is much younger of the two, and he packs so much speed into his runs down the left, we just haven't used at all because of how important Malouda seems to have been.

As for the right side, Juan Mata should be the player to go for, assuming that he plays on the right, I might be mistaken for knowing that he plays on the left, but I have seen him play on the right before, and he is just as effective!

Villas-Boas might prefer a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3, we don't know that yet until we play our first pre-season match! Then after that, we will have a rough idea what his plans are!

At the moment, we have Yuri Zhirkov competing for Malouda, which my view he should be winning because he is much younger of the two, and he packs so much speed into his runs down the left, we just haven't used at all because of how important Malouda seems to have been.

As for the right side, Juan Mata should be the player to go for, assuming that he plays on the right, I might be mistaken for knowing that he plays on the left, but I have seen him play on the right before, and he is just as effective!

Villas-Boas might prefer a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3, we don't know that yet until we play our first pre-season match! Then after that, we will have a rough idea what his plans are!

Zhirkov is no competition for anybody. He is exactly what is wrong with our squad. He is taking a space and contributing nothing in the grand scheme of things. I would LOVE to see him sold this summer. If Kalou and Zhirkov went I'll throw a party and everybody on the forum is invited.

The point is that ABV said there wont be radical changes, so that scares me a little bit. We must get a winger at the worst case, and sell Kalou, imo he had his changes at chelsea..

Eidt : now ontopic about Falcao, 25m is not that much for a striker he is.

CF: Torres, Falcao, Drogba

RW: Sturridge

LW: Kalou

We defo need a winger and if Lukaku is bought one of the strikers have to leave.

Kalou, Anelka and possibly Drogba look set to leave, don't they?