Gourlay Leaves Chelsea!

CHOULO19

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It kind of reminds me of Ray Wilkins and his departure in 2010. It also came out of nowhere.

Not at all the same, imo. Ray was assistant manger at the time and the main link between Carlo and the team. On the other hand, most player would have only met Gourlay when they sign contracts. He has no direct effect on the team's performances.

Talk of 'new business opportunities' is a strange one considering how settled and comfortable he seemed in that wide ranging interview a few weeks back.

Nah, that's most likely bullshit. This is almost certainly just to make way for Marina Granovskaia.

Not at all the same, imo. Ray was assistant manger at the time and the main link between Carlo and the team. On the other hand, most player would have only met Gourlay when they sign contracts. He has no direct effect on the team's performances.

So you fully expected this to happen? It coming out of nowhere was the main point of comparison so I don't understand why you had to explain the obvious. I was not talking about it at all...

So you fully expected this to happen? It coming out of nowhere was the main point of comparison so I don't understand why you had to explain the obvious. I was not talking about it at all...

Well because your post, and the posts following it, had the worried "we're gonna lose the title because of this" vibe to them. Just saying there's nothing to worry about.

I reckon it makes more sense that Chelsea is replacing Gourlay than him actually wanting to leave for 'new opportunities'.

Does this mean we're gonna get a better deal from Turkish Airlines? I hear Granovskaia is a pretty good business-woman.

Well because your post, and the posts following it, had the worried "we're gonna lose the title because of this" vibe to them. Just saying there's nothing to worry about.

Where exactly in my post is a worry, let alone the silly one you wrote? I just mentioned the weird timing. You try way too hard.

Where exactly in my post is a worry, let alone the silly one you wrote? I just mentioned the weird timing. You try way too hard.

Really? Those were the 3 consecutive posts (both second and third post quoting yours):

It kind of reminds me of Ray Wilkins and his departure in 2010. It also came out of nowhere.

We turned to shite the moment he left as well...

Me too! We were again first in the league (I think we were 7 points ahead of the second team) and after that there was a really bad streak of results. Hopefully that won't be the case now!

As I said, worried "we're gonna lose the title because of this" vibe, especially when you read them one after the other. Wasn't even aimed at you in particular. Glad you're not actually worried, but got absolutely no idea why (or how) you are taking this personally :lol:

Really? Those were the 3 consecutive posts (both second and third post quoting yours):

As I said, worried "we're gonna lose the title because of this" vibe, especially when you read them one after the other. Wasn't even aimed at you in particular. Glad you're not actually worried, but got absolutely no idea why (or how) you are taking this personally :lol:

I can't do really anything with people quoting me and giving it such a tone.

Yeah, Gourlay didn't do well when it comes to sponsoring deals. Though, Gourlay did manage to get a couple of new sponsors on board the last couple of years none of them was a big one, and ultimately if the reported Turkish Airlines deal is true then that might have been the last straw. Rationally thinking, it would be pretty embarrassing if Gourlay was the lone man negotiating with Turkish Airlines without anyone else supporting him and having a veto.