Unpopular Football Opinions

Shane

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch it, no way was that flick intended for Drogba.

Possibly, but that's just your opinion. I watched the Bergkamp goal and I didn't see any signs of it being accidental, neither did Bergkamp himself say it wasn't intentional, in fact he said he thought it was the best option to get through on goal the quickest. If you look at that goal, he starts turning the moment he touches the ball and looks at the goal, so in my eyes it was as intended as such a move can be.

Neymar is a tad overrated, not on par with the like of Hazard or Götze.

IMO Maradona > Pele.

Gotze is the one who is completely overrated, he is the one not on par with Hazard and Neymar. To me, in a 5 year time, Hazard and Neymar will be two of the best in the world and Mario Gotze will be a little bit behind in the discussion.

If you compare a 10min youtube video of the very best of Maradona and Pelé, the Argentine will win hands down (even Garrincha would). However, career wise, it is not even a debate. Pelé had the greatest career both on a personal level and as far as titles go.

Gotze is the one who is completely overrated, he is the one not on par with Hazard and Neymar. To me, in a 5 year time, Hazard and Neymar will be two of the best in the world and Mario Gotze will be a little bit behind in the discussion.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :clown:

If you compare a 10min youtube video of the very best of Maradona and Pelé, the Argentine will win hands down (even Garrincha would). However, career wise, it is not even a debate. Pelé had the greatest career both on a personal level and as far as titles go.

As a footballer it's not even debatable, Maradona set a standard rarely reached.

Ronaldo and Messi need to star in a World Cup to truly cement themselves as one of the best of all time.

I disagree. The argentinian and the portuguese national teams are simply not good enough. One player could not win a world cup.

And what about Ibra? He has never got a chance(and never will) to play in a WC final..

Argentina's team could win the World Cup? Their defense is a bit iffy, but their offense...oh man. They're the Man City of international soccer.

Neuer, Bale, Xavi, Neymar, Hummels amd Negredo are very overrated players

Whaaaaat!?! No way. Neur maybe. Neymar maybe. Bale isnt, if he was with Chelsea you wouldn't be saying that. Xavi never makes a bad pass or loses posession. Hummels is a top 5 CB in the world. Negredo isn't that highly rated?

Neymar is a tad overrated, not on par with the like of Hazard or Götze.

IMO Maradona > Pele.

Maradona>>>>>>>>>Pele

Gotze>Hazard>>>>>>>>Neymar. Gotze is 20!

Gotze is 20!

Gotze will be 22 this year........

Hes 21, my bad. To say he's overrated is insane. Neymar is overrated, he went from Brazil to the weakest of the 5 major leagues in the world. Gotze is playing in the BUNDESLIGA and has way more world class experience. He's the future of Bayern.

Hes 21, my bad. To say he's overrated is insane. Neymar is overrated, he went from Brazil to the weakest of the 5 major leagues in the world. Gotze is playing in the BUNDESLIGA and has way more world class experience. He's the future of Bayern.

He is just a couple of months older than Neymar and he has done nothing major yet. He has never been the focal point of any team (despite playing for BVB and Bayern). Gotze isnt even a regular starter for Bayern and Neymar only needed 2 weeks to beat Pedro, Sanchez and Fabregas for the starting position!

Also, La Liga is the weakest of the 5 major leagues? ROFL! Spain is a tougher place than playing for Bayern in the Bundesliga. The fact Barcelona has to face Atletico and Real twice a year is already harder than to beat 5-0 every other opponent in Germany.

But I dont need to be having this discussion now. Return 5 years from now and see how foolish you will have look (just like in the Confederations Cup)...