test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ack17

Wishlist Olivier Giroud

Started by ack17,

84 posts in this topic

You can admire Wenger's transfers, he buys good players yes, but most of them are just about good, not world class. The only player in the Arsenal team that would get into our team is RVP. At the end of the day, money talks, and tbh, we're quite well run as a club, getting closer and closer to breaking even every season.

Also, it's not having a long term manager that will make the club be run more effectively. It helps yes, but majority of it is down to the board. Gourlay et al seem to be doing a decent job ATM, I'm personally eager to see the latest financial figures.

Giroud and Podolski are both decent players but tell me, would you really have that pair over Hazard and potentially Hulk? The difference in quality is there for everyone to see.

You're not listening to anything I'm saying. Of course, I'd rather have Hazard and Hulk over Podolski and Giroud. but it's about value. I'd rather have Torres than Chamakh, but Torres was 50M and Chamak was free. Hulk and Hazard would be about 70M and Podolski and Giroud would be about 23M.You can't just discard the transfer fee. And Chelsea are not being run well. We had the second highest debt in the Premier League last season. Chelsea's in the transfer market in the last 2 years has maybe been the worst any club has been in transfer history. We spent about 117M pounds on 5 players and only one is an elite player and seems like a definite starter for Chelsea for the next few years (Mata). For that kind of expenditure, Chelsea should have been able to buy 3 or 4 excellent players.

As for only RVP making our starting XI, that's just nonsense. Arsenal finished above us in the league and beat us head to head. They have a lot of talent. Song is a fantastic defensive midfielder and he is actually very creative as well. He would certainly start for us. So would Walcott (who gets a lot of stick from fans who don't see Arsenal play much. He might be the fastest player in the Premiership, and he creates a tremendous number of chances..8 goals and 11 assists in the Premier league last season.) A few other players would have a regular rotation spot and would challenge for playing time (Wilshire, Vermaelan, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and others). Even if we were infinitely better than Arsenal talent-wise, why would that be a source of pride? Our starting XI cost about 4 times more than theirs. It damn well should be better. I know I am in the minority among Chelsea fans, but I want to see reigning in of spending. What has happened in the last decade in football-led by Chelsea, Man City, and the Spanish clubs, has been an absolute disaster for football. It really does need to be addressed.

You're not listening to anything I'm saying. Of course, I'd rather have Hazard and Hulk over Podolski and Giroud. but it's about value. I'd rather have Torres than Chamakh, but Torres was 50M and Chamak was free. Hulk and Hazard would be about 70M and Podolski and Giroud would be about 23M.You can't just discard the transfer fee. And Chelsea are not being run well. We had the second highest debt in the Premier League last season. Chelsea's in the transfer market in the last 2 years has maybe been the worst any club has been in transfer history. We spent about 117M pounds on 5 players and only one is an elite player and seems like a definite starter for Chelsea for the next few years (Mata). For that kind of expenditure, Chelsea should have been able to buy 3 or 4 excellent players.

As for only RVP making our starting XI, that's just nonsense. Arsenal finished above us in the league and beat us head to head. They have a lot of talent. Song is a fantastic defensive midfielder and he is actually very creative as well. He would certainly start for us. So would Walcott (who gets a lot of stick from fans who don't see Arsenal play much. He might be the fastest player in the Premiership, and he creates a tremendous number of chances..8 goals and 11 assists in the Premier league last season.) A few other players would have a regular rotation spot and would challenge for playing time (Wilshire, Vermaelan, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and others). Even if we were infinitely better than Arsenal talent-wise, why would that be a source of pride? Our starting XI cost about 4 times more than theirs. It damn well should be better. I know I am in the minority among Chelsea fans, but I want to see reigning in of spending. What has happened in the last decade in football-led by Chelsea, Man City, and the Spanish clubs, has been an absolute disaster for football. It really does need to be addressed.

Without getting too financial on this thread I recommend anyone who has major doubts about our financial situation to read this (written by a United fan, so no bias):

http://andersred.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/income-up-costs-down-chelsea-getting-in.html

You'll soon come to realise that the club are making steady improvements, and you'll see that we're quite comfortable financially.

In the last two years (without the Hazard and Marin signings) we've spent around a net of £140m on 13 players (estimate), but you take away the Torres transfer which is obviously an anomaly and we've spent £90m on 12 players, which is on average £7.5m per player, which isn't too bad. Considering we got Mata, Luiz, Ramires, Romeu, KDB, Cahill and others (mostly youngsters like Lukaku, Courtois, Bamford, Davila) for around £90m you can't say the club haven't brought in quality. Perhaps the Meireles and Benayoun buys were unneeded but it's negligible considering we got 6-7 quality players out of it. So CFC have bought quality, which we are building upon with the signings of Hazard and Marin. If we buy these guys at a young age the need to replace them and bring in quality lessens over the years, which will obviously allows us to make more profit again.

As for Theo Walcott and Alex Song getting into our first eleven alongside RVP... I don't think so. Walcott has a case as our right side of attack is basically non existent, but I wouldn't have Song in over Lampard, Mikel or Ramires.

As for the other players you've mentioned, they would definitely get games under squad rotation, but not as a guaranteed starter, which was the point I was putting across. Bar RVP and potentially Theo, none of their players would make the first team XI here IMO.

Giroud wouldn't either IMO. He'd be a good squad player but I wouldn't have him here over Torres or Sturridge.