Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I'm more excited about this kid than Lukaku. Pace, trickery, speed and skill - and he's a winger. Why are we loaning him back out, someone tell me? Don't say 'for experience,' because the last young talented wide player we loaned out did sweet FA at Fulham (yes, I do know Kakuta is naturally a CAM but he has NO chance of ever making that position his own).

Probably because we'll use him in a deal to get Lukaku cheaper

I didn't consider that :lol: That would be shrewd business if true, but why prioritise a striker when we already have two world-class centre forwards and three others in Anelka, Kalou and Sturridge who can be potent on their day?

I didn't consider that :lol: That would be shrewd business if true, but why prioritise a striker when we already have two world-class centre forwards and three others in Anelka, Kalou and Sturridge who can be potent on their day?

I think the idea is to groom him under Drogba for a year. After which he and Torres would form our main strike pair.

Lukaku will have Torres (and possibly Drogba) to contend with, whereas De Bruyne has a natural right foot and can play on the wing, which is what we have lacked since getting rid of Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Soo... I do agree with the vast majority, who are saying that Lukaku should be the one being loaned out!

Stupid idea this may sound to many... but wouldn't Kakuta be a decent loanee at Anderlecht??

Stupid idea this may sound to many... but wouldn't Kakuta be a decent loanee at Anderlecht??

Possibly. Although sending him to a completely different league with a different playing style would make the loan to Fulham redundant. I don't agree with the people that said he did nothing at Fulham, he a had a good impact when he came on a couple of times and it was pretty obvious he is a very talented boy. The problem was, we sent him to a club that already had ample wingers to choose from. Maybe we sent him there to keep him in London, I don't know.

And again director Degraen reacted on the latest rumours. Again he makes it clear, De Bruyne will never go to Anderlecht, not direct and not with a Chelsea deal, they will take a clausule when it's time there are going some contracts on the table between Chelsea, Genk and De Bruyne. He also said that a loan back to Genk is a good possability..

:worship:

If Anderlecht want something for the Lukaka deal, why cant we just loan him back to his parent club for a year? Especially if the board are keen for Drogba to stay becuase that means we dont need him yet. Have the board never thought of this possibility and maybe thought that a player like De Bruyne is what we need?

Lukaku isn't interested in a loan out, he wouldn't mind sitting on the bench in Chelsea. He declared that some weeks ago allready..

If they want to loan him back to Anderlecht then he won't sign and just stay another year in Brussel he said back then..

Mate, no. He needs to play regular football in a major league. He won't progress at all if he plays in Belgium.

The general manager of Racing Genk (Dirk Degraen) told in an interview that Chelsea is prepared to make a clause in the agreement that he can't be loaned to other Belgian teams. So Anderlecht is just wasting time.

The general manager of Racing Genk (Dirk Degraen) told in an interview that Chelsea is prepared to make a clause in the agreement that he can't be loaned to other Belgian teams. So Anderlecht is just wasting time.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">

Good hopefully the board will see sense and keep him.